Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Generic non-balance topics.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Re: Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 3:09 pm

What are the thoughts on recycling squads? Maybe it could only be done within a certain range of the HQ.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 9:14 pm

No way should you be able to recycle squads, it defeats the very premise of the game. No no no no no no no no no!
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Fri 21 Jun, 2013 1:07 am

Ace of Swords wrote:
Nuclear Arbitor wrote:what are your settings and what sort of frame rate do you get in game?

mid-high, im not entirely sure about the fps, but it's always smooth so i belive 30+ i could check with fraps the exact number if needed.

probably not low enough then. worse then my setup though; i'm not going to be any help with benchmarking.
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Fri 21 Jun, 2013 5:15 pm

this is propably more of a bug report than a wish, but can the Brother-Captain be given a death animation. I think he uses the Chaos Lords skeleton so his death animation should in theory work.
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 9:39 pm

DJ Raffa wrote:
Lulgrim wrote:Well, assume one artist would work for a few thousand $ a month, and we would need a few of them working for a few months... You can see where this is going, I hope.

@Ctan
Unless you're willing to stump up ~$10K don't raise necrons as a topic again thx

Otherwise I shall put $20 a month towards paying for a modeller/animator if enough people are willing to. New thread?

I could come up with 10€ a month. New thread?
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 9:08 pm

Kvek wrote:One little request :) Can you please make Gabriel FC ? Maybe for imperial fists etc

Oh yes, Gabriel FC is a nice idea. I like to play FC, but this icon with his dumb bald head. 0_O

(I mean not the model itself, but the icon.)
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 9:13 pm

Stupid Diomedes :p
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Tue 02 Jul, 2013 7:15 am

Sneery_Thug wrote:
DJ Raffa wrote:
Lulgrim wrote:Well, assume one artist would work for a few thousand $ a month, and we would need a few of them working for a few months... You can see where this is going, I hope.

@Ctan
Unless you're willing to stump up ~$10K don't raise necrons as a topic again thx

Otherwise I shall put $20 a month towards paying for a modeller/animator if enough people are willing to. New thread?

I could come up with 10€ a month. New thread?

I would rather collect money for people who are already doing work for some time - like illustrations, mapping, programming and keeping this whole thing alive.
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 7:35 pm

@ Lag
It's up to Caeltos and Lulgrim how to deal with the money.
And yes, you are right too.
Orkfaeller
Contributor

Postby Orkfaeller » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 3:10 am

Just something I wished was included since I played back in the Beta days, and now that I stumbled upon it I'd like to bring it up again.

Is there any chance we ( and with "we" I mean "you" ) could include something like this as an vissual upgrade for Techmarines that get the BIONICS wargear / armour?
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 3:21 am

Orkfaeller wrote:Just something I wished was included since I played back in the Beta days, and now that I stumbled upon it I'd like to bring it up again.

Is there any chance we ( and with "we" I mean "you" ) could include something like this as an visual upgrade for Techmarines that get the BIONICS wargear / armour?

Didn't Yarrick set an example about this kind of stuff? Just need permission of the mod author and and they'll throw it in for shits and/or giggles
Orkfaeller
Contributor

Postby Orkfaeller » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 2:20 pm

I'll better get in contact with uncle_anaesthesia, then :P

(doubt its going to be that easy)

Edith:

Hope now with the inlcution (?) of LotD, Alpha Legion etc they plan to include more in the future.

I mean look at those Night Lords, they even got real Lightning effects, not just painted on ones, how sexy is that?

Also, I hope one day my dream comes true and we get to see Deamonprinces in DoWII.

I'd imagine it similar to the Force Commanders Terminator Armour upgrade. Removes level and Wargear and makes the Chaoslord ( or even Sorcerer / PC ) into a "little superunit".

Can you "scale" animation skeletons in Dow2? Wonder If you could fit that guy on an upscaled (C)SM(Terminator) or so.
Last edited by Orkfaeller on Tue 20 Aug, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunkyMonkey
Level 1

Postby FunkyMonkey » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 5:50 pm

Nice Chaos models there. It'd be cool if we could replace GUO with the Daemon Prince to make a more god-neutral CSM army. Of course, the animations to make equivalent abilities between GUO and Daemon Prince don't exist, so that's too bad
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 6:14 pm

Just a random tought, but if there was a small-scale daemon prince it could be the T3 call-in for chaos instead of terminators, just for anti-homogenization.
Jazz-Sandwich
Level 2

Postby Jazz-Sandwich » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 12:06 am

Or indeed just an alternative super-unit, exclusive to the Chaos Lord?

You could theoretically choose between a LR Phobos, a GUO, or a Daemon Prince (via your chaos Lord).

I suppose killing the prince would revert the lord back to his usual state... but this would likely still result in his level being reset, I assume?

And then you'd have to distinguish the Daemon Prince's utility to the GUO... perhaps less of a damage-sponge, and more of a glass cannon sort of deal? And/Or a support unit to provide buffs to surrounding units?
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 8:06 am

Does chaos need Deamon Prince ? No.
Btw can you say how it would work ? From what i heard it's just an Avatar ?
sk4zi
Level 3

Postby sk4zi » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 10:48 am

The demon Prince is the Chaos lord who is greatly corrupted by the demonic powers of the warp and he more or less became a demon himself about that.

not like a greater Demon but more a greatly mutated Hero, who becomes a monstrous Creature in TT (compareable to the Terminator Upgrade of the Force Commander - actually kvek is right, and the Avatar is also a mutation of an Eldar but in the game it is buildable)

its very cool, but a new model would be strongly required (like a mix of a CL and a Bloodletter... )
Primitive
Level 1

Postby Primitive » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 12:30 pm

missile launcher for plague champion instead of powerfist ! <3
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 1:01 pm

Hmmm. If you can upgrade your hero into a super unit. It would surely be a bit questionable. I mean hero costs no upkeep and uses 0 popcap. I really wouldn't want to convert my hero into something that uses 20+ popcap and costs upkeep.

How much hp would he have? what armor type? what abilities? energy costs? dps? what damage type? ranged attack? melee attack? speed? how much popcap would he use? how much upkeep would he cost? Same questions also apply with the exception of popcap and upkeep if you wish this upgrade to be like fc termie armor.
#noobcodex
sk4zi
Level 3

Postby sk4zi » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 1:23 pm

Primitive wrote:missile launcher for plague champion instead of powerfist ! <3

not instead ... :(

but overall a good idea

edit:

what about making the Lascan upgrades for the preadators more AV and less AI ? (similar to the vanquisher)
e.g. Range upgrade and Accurathy decrease
since the very cool new nurgle upgrade, imho the mark of tzeentch upgrade could be the dedicated AV and the khorne the dedicated AI - nurgle for sustain.
atm its just mark of tzeentch for max dmg.

in case of the SM it might be good to ad an upgrade for the side wheapons to compensate the loose of AI when the Lascannon turret is upgradet(eg autocannons).
i think this would be very cool.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 1:58 pm

MoT for max damage ? Lol, if it hits it does a lot of damage, but usually you want to target vehicles with it (you will usually miss infantry anyway) MoK is great at dealing with commanders.

simliar to the vanquisher ? What do you mean ? Vanquisher has less damage against vehicles than a las pred

Making Twin-lascannons more effective against Vehicles would be pretty stupid, as they are really good now.
sk4zi
Level 3

Postby sk4zi » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 2:58 pm

mean if you decide your Leman Russ to upgrade with the anti AV upgrade, its less god vs infantery but it gets more range.
thats what i mean for the lascans ...

Kvek wrote:MoT for max damage ? Lol, (...)

u lol and dont explain why, what i want knows only me alone ;)
... true it does a lot of damage... even to commanders.
and it has splash whith makes it also very good vs everything else.

actually im playing chaos and SM and its kind of a nerf for these two races.
the sugestion is to make the two other upgrades even more atractive. especially the khorne one because it would be the allround one then.

and like i sayed - sm needs another goodie if the lascan is nerfed to be dedicated AV and no longer just making the pred even better.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 3:04 pm

Kvek wrote:MoT for max damage ? Lol, if it hits it does a lot of damage, but usually you want to target vehicles with it (you will usually miss infantry anyway)

sk4zi wrote:u lol and dont explain why, what i want knows only me alone ;)
[
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 6:17 pm

In my experience with the SM laspred, it very infrequently totally whiffs against infantry. The targeting offset on a "miss" seems pretty low so it almost always ends up hitting the squad, just not dead center. Missing is only a major factor when shooting at single entities like subcommanders/commanders, or something like a dev squad that decides they're going space themselves way the hell out.

It's not like a tac missile launcher, where the missile is liable to go winging off at 45 degree angle from the target and plow into the ground 5 feet in front of him. <-pr0 skillz
My 1v1 map - Imperial Plaza. Revisions are in progress so please check it out and give feedback!
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Thu 29 Aug, 2013 1:26 am

Arbit wrote:In my experience with the SM laspred, it very infrequently totally whiffs against infantry. The targeting offset on a "miss" seems pretty low so it almost always ends up hitting the squad, just not dead center. Missing is only a major factor when shooting at single entities like subcommanders/commanders, or something like a dev squad that decides they're going space themselves way the hell out.

It's not like a tac missile launcher, where the missile is liable to go winging off at 45 degree angle from the target and plow into the ground 5 feet in front of him. <-pr0 skillz

yeah, the splash of 1 is generally less than the amount the shot misses by. only the tank versions have this splash though, setups do not and so do miss most of the time.
sk4zi
Level 3

Postby sk4zi » Thu 29 Aug, 2013 11:19 am

so you agree, that lascannons alre also good vs Infantery?

i still think so.

"but usually you want to target vehicles with it " also doesnt deny it ... i dont want that. because it does a lot of damage every time it shoots.

but ok ok
dont nerf my tanks ...
Major Richard Sharpe
Level 1

Postby Major Richard Sharpe » Fri 04 Oct, 2013 12:48 am

Orkfaeller wrote:Just something I wished was included since I played back in the Beta days, and now that I stumbled upon it I'd like to bring it up again.

Is there any chance we ( and with "we" I mean "you" ) could include something like this as an vissual upgrade for Techmarines that get the BIONICS wargear / armour?

where on earth did you get that helmet in the first screenshot? (the Helmet crest on the Mk4 helmet)
Orkfaeller
Contributor

Postby Orkfaeller » Fri 04 Oct, 2013 1:25 pm

Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Fri 04 Oct, 2013 7:52 pm

Space marines with robot arms... sign me in!
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 05 Oct, 2013 9:43 am

It would involve simply cutting off an arm from the Techmarine model (like I did with the helmet, although that will change according to army level) and making it a wargear item that is replaced by Bionics this time.

Return to “Community General Discussion”