WorldBuilder fix

Elite (and related) releases.
Indrid

WorldBuilder fix

Postby Indrid » Sat 22 Nov, 2014 3:25 pm

Myrdal managed to get a working pre-patch version of the WorldBuilder. I've uploaded it for those interested:

Google Drive
MEGA
DoWReplaysNet

Just replace your WorldBuilder.exe with this one.

Enjoy!
Black Relic
Level 4

Re: WorldBuilder fix

Postby Black Relic » Sat 22 Nov, 2014 4:02 pm

Dude is a genius. Thanks!
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 22 Nov, 2014 4:08 pm

Betterthanrelic/10
Old World
Level 1

Postby Old World » Sat 22 Nov, 2014 4:56 pm

I can finally try this out, thanks a lot Myrdal. Should not have been broken in the first place though, but hey, we all love Relic.
The New World Order has descended upon Raven's wings, and the Old World perishes in the flames of ambition.
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Sun 23 Nov, 2014 5:07 am

Old World wrote:I can finally try this out, thanks a lot Myrdal. Should not have been broken in the first place though, but hey, we all love Relic.

yea i have no idea how it was broken in the first place, it was broken once the new servers came in, how that effected the world builder i will never know. especially as im pretty sure the DOW2/DOW:CR worldbuilders still worked after the servers were implemented.

My Twitch where i occasionally stream myself pwning/getting pwned on elite mod, i seem to bounce between the two on a game to game basis. - http://www.Twitch.tv/Venkitsune
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 23 Nov, 2014 1:39 pm

Relic works in mysterious ways incomprehensible for us mere mortals.
It is even said that the almighty Relic itself doesn't even know what it is doing...
Flash
Level 3

Postby Flash » Sun 23 Nov, 2014 6:37 pm

Ven wrote:
Old World wrote:I can finally try this out, thanks a lot Myrdal. Should not have been broken in the first place though, but hey, we all love Relic.

yea i have no idea how it was broken in the first place, it was broken once the new servers came in, how that effected the world builder i will never know. especially as im pretty sure the DOW2/DOW:CR worldbuilders still worked after the servers were implemented.

They changed a lot of code. Obviously the code effects more than just the servers. not really that surprising.
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Sun 23 Nov, 2014 10:05 pm

Flash wrote:
Ven wrote:

They changed a lot of code. Obviously the code effects more than just the servers. not really that surprising.

but like i said CRs and vanillas world builders were still working right? how did it only effect retributions? pretty sure its what Riku said

Dark Riku wrote:Relic works in mysterious ways incomprehensible for us mere mortals.
It is even said that the almighty Relic itself doesn't even know what it is doing...

i hope they straighten up now that the CoH expansion is out, they can then focus on other things like actually remembering DOW is a franchise they were in the process of trying to revive.

My Twitch where i occasionally stream myself pwning/getting pwned on elite mod, i seem to bounce between the two on a game to game basis. - http://www.Twitch.tv/Venkitsune
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Mon 24 Nov, 2014 4:48 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Relic works in mysterious ways incomprehensible for us mere mortals.

Relic == Tzeentch?
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Mon 24 Nov, 2014 9:15 pm

Marvelous! can i post this to RelicNews to spread the word?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 24 Nov, 2014 10:50 pm

So in my total ignorance, can this be hot-fixed into 2.3.1?
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Tue 25 Nov, 2014 12:40 am

Good idea I'll ask about it.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 25 Nov, 2014 9:03 pm

Go for it, Garrick. Can't imagine it would be a problem.

It could probably be added to the installer. It's in the same folder the .module file is installed.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Tue 25 Nov, 2014 11:49 pm

Myrdal is hesitant to do so since it's not strictly anything to do with Elite Mod, and distributing old Relic binaries is a bit of a grey area. Also, most people won't care. Those that do can grab the small .exe here separately.
Venjitron
Level 2

Postby Venjitron » Wed 26 Nov, 2014 11:54 am

cool thanks alot man il check my map then send it you for sharing and playtesting with the mod team.
Superhooper01
Level 3

Postby Superhooper01 » Fri 28 Nov, 2014 5:39 pm

Great news may give it a go
There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."
appiah4
Level 3

WorldBuilder fix

Postby appiah4 » Tue 23 Dec, 2014 11:23 am

My congratulations go to Myrdal, and the rest of Elite team who are apparently not only doing a great job of their own, but also having to clean up Relic's shit..
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
Castle
Level 2

Postby Castle » Thu 22 Jan, 2015 4:54 am

Very nice, thank you! :twisted:

*Also, in case anyone else gets a 'side-by-side configuration' error in Windows, when trying to start (DOW2) World Builder, here are some resources:

-> (the problem is usually caused by a lack of MS Visual C++ components within a given Windows install; commonly Visual C++ 2005)<-

1st: trying running DXSETUP from the 'Install' folder inside the DOW2:Ret ([drive]:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Install

2nd: if the error persists still, run the vcredist (Visual C++ 2005) installer inside the same folder as the 1st step.

If those to steps do not fix the error, try the same steps after a fresh install of the game. If the error is still occurring, start here and good luck!
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Thu 22 Jan, 2015 7:44 am

Relic have apparently fixed the WorldBuilder in the latest patch, so will close this thread now. Thanks to Castle for this additional error info.

Return to “Releases”