2.2 beta

Elite (and related) releases.
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Re: 2.2 beta

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 5:51 am

The slot layout/positioning on Wrath of Baal is illogical, slot 1, 2 and 3 makes sense being following by the next number in numerically order(1, 2, 3), but 4, 5 and 6 comes as followed: 5, 4, 6.

Thought that might need to get corrected in the next release, so it makes more sense when playing "Fixed" starting locations. (Though I personally prefer random starting locations.)

Just checked out the new Eldar portraits, looking good, though the Leader upgrades on both squads are still using the Table Top images, I think they should get swapped out with the same portraits as the squad is using like it is on the GK Purifiers, and other GK squads.

EDIT: I just found out the actual map layout on Wrath of Baal is correct and it is only the preview map image that is incorrect the actual map layout is:
(6) (5) (4)

(1) (2) (3)
As to where the preview image is:
(6) (4) (5)

(1) (2) (3)
So it's only the preview map that is wrong.
"To divert from Tau'va is stray away from the one true path, and to stray from the one path is to walk into darkness and despair, only together, serving Tau'va can we prosper not only as an empire but as a race." -- Shas'el T'au Doran'ro
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 7:29 am

Elenneth wrote:Thank you for the upgrade, it's always a good thing nerf the tyr

Btw, there will be the possibity to change the hotkeys?
It's a little bit annoying to press G trying to train Fire Dragon and instead receiving DA...
Also is there a way to recall directly to the command center, without returning to it via minimap?

gridkeys is best keys

also f1 should select the hq.
unless i've just been playing too much coh2...
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 2:13 pm

The Sync-Error when using the Vindicare Assassin Camo upgrade still occur, I repeat it still occurs!
There seems to be some glitching with him, after you've purchased the upgrade and stand in the open his infiltration switches on and off. Like it infiltrates him but reveals him (infiltrated but revealed blinking red while half infiltrated) this seem to glitch him, he does not attack by himself in this state since he is attempting to infiltrate but he can't infiltrate properly when standing in the open, only while he is in cover.

- - -

On a balance related note, doesn't it seem like the Tactical Space marine Flamer has gotten over-nerfed now? Long upgrade time, 5+ power cost from other flamers (65/20) and 75% accuracy on the move (reduced from 100%).

Anybody else think it's a little too many nerfs? Maybe decrease the build time back to normal or something.
"To divert from Tau'va is stray away from the one true path, and to stray from the one path is to walk into darkness and despair, only together, serving Tau'va can we prosper not only as an empire but as a race." -- Shas'el T'au Doran'ro
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 4:25 pm

Purely from a theoretical standpoint it doesn't appear to me that the tactical marine flamer has been overnerfed. That thing was strongly over-performing before.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 4:43 pm

Shas'el Doran'ro wrote:Anybody else think it's a little too many nerfs?
Yes.
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 4:50 pm

I think the 5 power increase was all it needed. makes u think about it a bit more just like stomp.
In the Emperors name, Blind faith is all you require.
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 5:00 pm

Tactical Squad "Flamer" moving accuracy decreased from 100% to 75%

Not sure how is going to work or if is going to be noticed ingame. The flamer is an AOE damage weapon, so even if the flamer fails to hit the main target, still is going to affect the nearly units for its AOE nature, so this change could be a bit pointless.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 5:05 pm

You're right Nikhel. I actually talked with Lulgrim, or more - Lulgrim brought it up to me about the accuracy might just not do anything since it's AoE, however - given the past & previous experience with the adjustments to the flamer (natural 50% accuracy) and it got itself increased to 100% a while back, they seemed more prone to being able to pressure units while on the move.

It's speculation at best, and is easier to spot if there's actually a difference in performance if we tweak the values abit and see where they land. In the end of it all, flamers are still vastly superior compared to how they functioned before. Baring in mind, with some changes made, the flamer is probably even a better scaling weapon for an ex. against tyranids then they were before, due to hp % increase got removed, resulting in overall better AoE bleed + dmg
Bahamut
Level 4

Postby Bahamut » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm really concerned about orks to be honest

Nobs are getting buffed because they were not up to par with the new balance for units. but why only nobs are deemed not up to par anymore?. We all know nobs are OP in retail and since retail, nobs got cheaper, cheaper to sustain and actually better at fighting(painboy, 15% dmg from warpath, etc) and they still got deemed no longer up to par. What does that say about other melee units in t3?
sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 11:47 pm

Just out of interest did you include the new head for the Flash Gitz that I made?

Only it's not on the model, or is it put in as a ranked unlock?
New models for Elite and Retribution...
http://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=397
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Wed 29 Jan, 2014 5:48 am

Nope just armor, where's the head?
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Wed 29 Jan, 2014 8:53 am

May I suggest changing the mechanics of the VA camo suit to just be infiltrated when idle? Same mechanic as Catachans and Genestealers.
It seems it's almost how it's attempting to work anyway at the moment.
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Wed 29 Jan, 2014 11:56 am

Just wanted to thank Max Power for the wonderful Wrath of Baal map.
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 29 Jan, 2014 3:23 pm

appiah4 wrote:Just wanted to thank Max Power for the wonderful Wrath of Baal map.

Thanks, i appreciate it.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Wed 29 Jan, 2014 8:05 pm

Lulgrim wrote:Nope just armor, where's the head?

More or less same place as the armour - race_ork/troops_wargear/heads/flash_git

Also be sure to copy the files under race_ig into the mod structure too for the model and texture of the cigar (if they're not in there already)
New models for Elite and Retribution...
http://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=397
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Fri 31 Jan, 2014 12:07 am

-Artillery Spotter Squad "Smoke Shell" weapon range debuff decreased from 90% to 50% -- Not working - still 90%
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Fri 31 Jan, 2014 8:17 am

DandyFrontline wrote:-Artillery Spotter Squad "Smoke Shell" weapon range debuff decreased from 90% to 50% -- Not working - still 90%

Yea I think you're right, it does seem like it's the same still.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Fri 31 Jan, 2014 8:55 am

Already fixed
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 01 Feb, 2014 1:37 pm

Making a minor beta 11 update before the tournament. 2.2 final will be when the new Rhino weapon is working.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 01 Feb, 2014 2:39 pm

Problem with 1 file in the installer, so I re-uploaded it. Re-install, if you downloaded before this message.
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Sat 01 Feb, 2014 6:25 pm

The stealth effect on the Vindicare assassin is still "working" like it was before only you have the ability now which doesn't make him 'fully infiltrated', he'll still automatically infiltrate when in cover but if you're standing in the open and use the ability he'll go into "detected infiltrated" (being in infiltrated state but detected with a red-light aura around him.) Thus this ability doesn't really do anything, I've yet to see if it stall cause a sync error but I'm pretty confident the cause of it is still there.
I would advise still not to get this upgrade in the upcoming tournament.

EDIT:
Caeltos has informed me, and I've tested it out myself, that it can actually work properly if you purchase the upgrades in this order: Cameleoline Stealth Suit - and then - Extended Operations.
If it may still cause sync errors purchasing them in this order is yet to be seen.

EDIT:
I have done some further testing in a multiplayer game, and it doesn't seem to cause a sync error after I purchased the upgrades, however, concluding the wargear now, it's a 100/20 upgrade for the ability to use infiltrate for 10 energy cost and 2 drain per second, and only when in cover (you can cheat it though by activating it before you're in cover then turning it off before he cloaks that way he can stay infiltrated without draining energy as long as he doesn't leave that cover) but it just seems... redundant to have now. I don't know, I think it needs another tweak.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Wed 05 Feb, 2014 5:26 pm

Have a question - why loyal terminators cost was changed to 25 energy, but chaos terminators reinforce is still 50 energy :?:
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Fri 07 Feb, 2014 1:19 pm

DandyFrontline wrote:Have a question - why loyal terminators cost was changed to 25 energy, but chaos terminators reinforce is still 50 energy :?:

What seems weird to me is that Chaos Terminators are 100/50 to reinforce while Loyalist Terminators are now at 150/25?
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 07 Feb, 2014 3:09 pm

Seems to fit their ecos tbh
realmissyou
Level 1

Postby realmissyou » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 12:31 pm

:D What time to release new versions, the Chinese Elitemod fans really like your work
AEternal
Level 1

Postby AEternal » Sat 22 Feb, 2014 8:15 pm

Hey guys, I have not played 2.2 Beta in quite a while. I think since version 4. So do I need to install every update from 5-11, or what? Thanks.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 22 Feb, 2014 8:17 pm

AEternal wrote:Hey guys, I have not played 2.2 Beta in quite a while. I think since version 4. So do I need to install every update from 5-11, or what? Thanks.

You just need beta 10 + the beta 11 update.
AEternal
Level 1

Postby AEternal » Sat 22 Feb, 2014 10:15 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:
AEternal wrote:Hey guys, I have not played 2.2 Beta in quite a while. I think since version 4. So do I need to install every update from 5-11, or what? Thanks.

You just need beta 10 + the beta 11 update.

Nice. Thanks.
xerrol nanoha
Level 2

Postby xerrol nanoha » Mon 03 Mar, 2014 9:32 pm

When will there be a fix for the textures of dark reapers. I see streams and youtube videos from uploaders like Indrid who don't have the same problem, so I'm convinced its a graphics settings problem.

If there won't be an official fix for it, how can I try to fix it myself :(
Any help would be greatly appreciated! <3

Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 03 Mar, 2014 9:45 pm

It is a graphics setting problems. I'm pretty sure it's hard to make it work in the low-graphic qualities. For now it seems the only solution is to increase the graphics settings.

Return to “Releases”