2.2 beta

Elite (and related) releases.
Torpid

Re: 2.2 beta

Postby Torpid » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 3:14 pm

Huh? The Tdread has 1k hp, the WL has 1.2k hp and is more effective in melee. It's way safer and way more effective to chase vehicles with the WL than the Tdread.

I'm pretty sure the WL w/ BL would beat the Tdread 1v1 too.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 3:51 pm

Hm, you are right about the health.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 7:35 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:i hate subjugate and i want it gone. it takes a fight and gives one player a net loss of two units because he lost one and is now fighting an additional enemy one. in addition it breaks the balance system that dow2 has because the game has so many specialized counters.

FiSH wrote:....
it doesn't even have an active ability.
Welcome to every other race where abilities aren't given to everyone and their mothers.

FiSH wrote:....
srsly, noone has a problem when the assault dread has 100% accuracy on the move, but when eldar gets something like that everyone hates it :roll:
Since when does the assault cannon do av dmg now? °_O I second the hurdur.

The Wraithlord is arguably the best walker. It's the cheapest Walker and loses no efficiency in close combat when upgrading WITH a ranged weapon.
It can even get a self heal in T3!
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 9:30 pm

Asmon wrote:
Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:The question here is that when any other dread buys a ranged upgrade (Mark of Tzeentch Chaos Dread, Assault Cannon, Multi-melta) his melee damage is reduced AND the melee splash is removed.

Wraithlord retains his melee damage/melee splash with any ranged upgrade.

Should we compare AC Dread ranged damage to WL shuriken's? Or MM Dread's to WL BL's? Not to mention that AC Dread and TDread get an ability with their upgrade

Should we compare the support that Eldar could give (specially the Farseer) to the Wraithlord with the support that SM or Chaos could give to their dreads?

Asmon wrote:Also since when a walker can counter a tank? You must play quite badly to get your tank in range of a walker.

And Torpid, please amaze me with your warp throw skillz since you seem to know a lot about it.

With an adequate snare and some support any walker (maybe deffdread not) could counter a tank.

It's not usual, but it's possible.

And Warp Throw have a lot more uses than Warp Throw + Banshees/Grenades/Singularity.

LOL I'm been reading the wiki and the MoT Chaos Dread have 37.5% accuraccy against tanks/transports/dreads on the move.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 9:52 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:i hate subjugate and i want it gone. it takes a fight and gives one player a net loss of two units because he lost one and is now fighting an additional enemy one.

As much as I hate subjugate, I have to say this isn't true. Look at it like this

5 units chaos
5 units SM (for example)

Sorc uses subjugate, loses control of sorc, so down to 4 units, but gains the one he has stolen, so back up to 5. SM loses one unit for the duration of the ability, so he's at 4. Final count - 5 vs. 4 = chaos +1 unit

The reason I dislike subjugate so much is that it is the teabag coup de grace against an opponent that is already outsquadded. If you're competing 6 squads vs 4 and he gets the pick of your best infantry squads each engagement (since it'll be off cooldown practically every engagement) you're now competing 6 vs 3 and you might as well just gg at that point, since in all likelyhood you won't have the ranged dps necessary to take down the sorc and break the subjugate. In a more evenly matched game you have a decent chance to take down the sorc and break the subjugate, in which case the wargear doesn't feel op.

IMO the most "fair" way to change the ability would be to just make it go berserk and attack the nearest unit like a raging Kdread, but the ability would have to rebalanced from the ground up in that case and would provoke a huge outcry from sorc players I'm betting ;)
My 1v1 map - Imperial Plaza. Revisions are in progress so please check it out and give feedback!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 10:43 pm

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:LOL I'm been reading the wiki and the MoT Chaos Dread have 37.5% accuraccy against tanks/transports/dreads on the move.

Should be 50% Elite wiki states 100% even still.
Dunno where you get your numbers from.
Last edited by Dark Riku on Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:02 pm

Dark Riku wrote:
Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:LOL I'm been reading the wiki and the MoT Chaos Dread have 37.5% accuraccy against tanks/transports/dreads on the move.

Should be 50%
Elite wiki states 100% even still. dunno where you get your numbers from.

50% FOTM
75% against large size (tanks, dreads, transports) for the weapon family.

http://www.dawnofwar.info/elite/weaponf ... fam=rocket

http://dow.wikia.com/wiki/Elite/CSM_Mis ... ingle_Shot
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Tue 13 Aug, 2013 4:08 am

the t dread missile launcher is odd because it's a ballistic weapon. it seldom hits with every missile but usually hits with at least one. the spread is high and it does splash damage which makes it very, very hard to avoid. on several occasions i've dodged every missile except the last one, which happened to land in the direction i was moving, and lost the vehicle. makes doing dps and accuracy calculations hard.

warp spiders are a soft counter and a snare; a single squad will seldom kill anything. even two won't kill much other than a wartrukk.

the falcon is slower than any other transport and the only transport with AV; keep your transports away from it.

same deal with the wraithlord except it does more damage and is tougher but slower.

i really don't get what multiple pages of discussion is worth though; just make the fotm accuracy lower if the bright lance is being to effective. it doesn't take mass comparisons to tangentially related units to figure that out.
no-name
Level 1

Postby no-name » Tue 13 Aug, 2013 10:53 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:i'm against letting everyone into gates because of the lore, and because it would become a cluster fuck.

anyone can travel in the webway, it's why gates that get discovered get destroyed by the eldar rather than left/abandoned (often) and also present a great risk if not destroyed, there was a table-top official game where abaddon tried to seize a webway gate from the eldar and eldrad + whole bloody seer council went out their way to stop him. not every joe knows how to get inside but it's far from some grand secret that only ahriman knows.

i don't see how it would be a cluster-fuck either, it would add a layer of risk to gate use that would if the eldar player is being prolific with his gates allow his enemy to turn the tables on him. this is a far better option tactics wise than just making gates more expensive, thus less common. it goes counter to the idea that eldar are fast and can outmaneuver like no other while also making the game-play more boring.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Wed 14 Aug, 2013 3:25 am

very few people other than the eldar know the paths of the webway.

it would turn into a cluster fuck because gates are limited to 4 squads. i've already had issues with that with allies.
Maestro Cretella
Shoutcaster

Postby Maestro Cretella » Wed 14 Aug, 2013 7:01 am

Asmon wrote:Should we compare AC Dread ranged damage to WL shuriken's? Or MM Dread's to WL BL's? Not to mention that AC Dread and TDread get an ability with their upgrade.

Uhh, I'd like to actually. According to the codex on this site, the AC Dread does 55 dps, while the old dow.wikia and retail tooltip said it does 49. Was it really buffed in Elite? Feel like it didn't need to be. In any case, this actually comes to pretty much even to the WL...since the Shuriken is 46, plus another 12 for the default weapon, coming out to 58. It's same-same really. Assault Cannon barrage is a really nice ability. AC Dread also has 49 range, versus the Shuriken WL's 44. Multi-melta dread has better damage than the brightlance Wraithlord, but a more prohibitive range at 25 to the 44 of the brightlance.
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Wed 14 Aug, 2013 8:54 am

Maestro Cretella wrote:
Asmon wrote:Should we compare AC Dread ranged damage to WL shuriken's? Or MM Dread's to WL BL's? Not to mention that AC Dread and TDread get an ability with their upgrade.

Uhh, I'd like to actually. According to the codex on this site, the AC Dread does 55 dps, while the old dow.wikia and retail tooltip said it does 49. Was it really buffed in Elite? Feel like it didn't need to be. In any case, this actually comes to pretty much even to the WL...since the Shuriken is 46, plus another 12 for the default weapon, coming out to 58. It's same-same really. Assault Cannon barrage is a really nice ability. AC Dread also has 49 range, versus the Shuriken WL's 44. Multi-melta dread has better damage than the brightlance Wraithlord, but a more prohibitive range at 25 to the 44 of the brightlance.

Keep in mind the WL Shuri has 50% fotm vs. 100% for the AC Dread. The WL Shuri is in motion a lot of the time because the WL keeps its melee prowess when upgraded, meaning it's often (but not always) chasing down targets to smack with its sword.
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Wed 14 Aug, 2013 1:08 pm

also keep in mind that the barrage ability doesn't suffer any damage loss when the target is in retreat and has huge radius it affects (not to even mention the knockback)
><%FiSH((@>
no-name
Level 1

Postby no-name » Wed 14 Aug, 2013 9:09 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:very few people other than the eldar know the paths of the webway.

it would turn into a cluster fuck because gates are limited to 4 squads. i've already had issues with that with allies.

so remove the limit. the limit almost never has an actual effect on troop movemens in single player so it won't really matter.
Castle
Level 2

Postby Castle » Wed 14 Aug, 2013 10:37 pm

Thought I would stop by this thread real fast with ma morning bacon+coffee and just leave a quick note of uber thanks :)

2.2 is shaping up to be exceptional! Played several matches last night, wow. What a difference. The pacing and unit changes seem great so far. I know there are a few bugs hanging around and what not, but this mod is exceptional to play.

Congratulations and way to go Elite community!
syderwarp
Level 0

Postby syderwarp » Fri 16 Aug, 2013 12:16 pm

Why is recon kit removed? It's not op, it didn't need a nerf? If there is problem with it not used enough,or a buff. The mines are too small,and mechanics are horrible.
Floid
Level 2

Postby Floid » Fri 16 Aug, 2013 9:21 pm

Paroxysm doesnt work on avatar.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sat 17 Aug, 2013 2:24 am

syderwarp wrote:Why is recon kit removed? It's not op, it didn't need a nerf? If there is problem with it not used enough,or a buff. The mines are too small,and mechanics are horrible.

i think it's because they already had several upgrades and it wasn't seen as contributing much to the unit. lulgrim did say that he could add as many upgrades slots as needed though so it could theoretically be added back in.
DiesIrae
Level 1

Postby DiesIrae » Sat 17 Aug, 2013 7:40 pm

This may have been mentioned already, but if the PC gets bile spewer and grenade, the grenade icon doesn't show.
Aleris
Level 1

Postby Aleris » Sat 17 Aug, 2013 8:15 pm

My GK strike squad got stuck in a Rhino, it was quite weird, and they got wiped as a result. They were shown as inside the Rhino but no icon of Strike squad when you click on Rhino to dislodge them, yet even though the game thought they were outside of Rhino, they weren't and hence my inability to get them out and use them. Don't know if this happened to anyone, my search didn't show any relevant results so therefore i report it.
AEternal
Level 1

Postby AEternal » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 10:43 pm

Just to let you guys know, the game has crashed on me 3 times since 2.2. Has never happened before that. Its the same every time. In the middle of some hectic action, the sound bugs out, and then like 2-4 mins later the game crashes. No idea what the issue is. If anyone knows whats going on plz reply. Thanks. Otherwise I love the work you guys have done on this game. Big props on it!
Aleris
Level 1

Postby Aleris » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 10:47 pm

AEternal wrote:Just to let you guys know, the game has crashed on me 3 times since 2.2. Has never happened before that. Its the same every time. In the middle of some hectic action, the sound bugs out, and then like 2-4 mins later the game crashes. No idea what the issue is. If anyone knows whats going on plz reply. Thanks. Otherwise I love the work you guys have done on this game. Big props on it!

Try verifying your game cash on Steam. I had simmilar problem couple of months ago, and this solved it.
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:11 pm

U have to click on the BETA icon on ur desktop its separate from the usual elite mod icon
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 2:26 pm

When you say fresh install how did you do it, did you just delete the local content from steam? It might be that Elite 2.1 is not deleted when you do a fresh install of DoW2:Ret as it is not part of DoW2:Ret. The Elite beta installer will not over write the Elite 2.1, it will install it separately so it is still possible you have Elite 2.1 installed which is fine. When you have installed Elite 2.2 beta check that you are running the shortcut from your desktop which says Elite 2.2 beta and not Elite 2.1.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 2:38 pm

Well as it is beta there might be a few game breaking bugs so it is nice to have 2.1 to fall back on with out having to reinstall it.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 3:28 pm

Most elite players are on around 17:00 - 22:00 GMT time, look for games around that time.
Orkfaeller
Contributor

Postby Orkfaeller » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 3:34 pm

Aye, join the SteamGroup(Chat) to check if and when people are on.
Codex

Postby Codex » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 4:18 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DOW2EliteMod

This is the url for our steam group. Join the group chat to arrange games.
Righteousness does not make right
AEternal
Level 1

Postby AEternal » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 11:04 pm

Try verifying your game cash on Steam. I had simmilar problem couple of months ago, and this solved it.

K ill try that. How do I verify?
Orkfaeller
Contributor

Postby Orkfaeller » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 11:29 pm

AEternal wrote:

K ill try that. How do I verify?

Right click your game in the steam library,

-properties-

should be called verify cache data or something like that.
Will search for missing or corupted files and replace them.

Return to “Releases”