DoW2 Intervievs Part II - ATLAS

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
egewithin
Level 5

DoW2 Intervievs Part II - ATLAS

Postby egewithin » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 8:35 pm

Greetings citizens of Imperium! This is the second interviev that I have done so far. But I will not count it in the beggining of every interviev from now on. You can learn which interviev that you are on from the Rome numbers that I wrote above. What da heck am I talkig about?

This time, our guest is Atlas. Lets check out his little secrets!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you describe what do you look like? I know everyone wants to know what do you look like.
- I've actually got pretty typical Greek looks. Brown hair, brown eyes, decent but not crazy beard with a matching mustache. I prefer short hair brushed to the side and I prefer glasses to contacts. I'm pretty skinny though, being 6'0" and only about 135 lbs. My grandmother would (and still does) joke that she would make me into a soup, but it would be just bones ;)

Puppies or kittens?
-Depends on the seasoning really, unless we're talking soup. With soups, kittens play nicer with an assortment of vegetables. I prefer puppies with some red sauce and a side of mashed potatoes. Kittens work more with cream sauce.

Do you think Yugi Moto ( The king of games ) can defeat Toilalee in a 1v1?
-I think it'll be a tough matchup. Imperial Guard is pretty weak vs an OP Spellcaster deck that Yugi uses. I think in the end that while Yugi has the better matchup, Toilailee will come from behind by using Yugi's Slifer the Executive Producer against him, using all the extra requisition his double sent build gives him to ride into a victory. Just watch out for his trap cards Toilailee!

Does Max Power has anger problems or is he just acting?
-I think it's a combination of both. Max has been a prominent member of the community for quite some time, so we understand a bit more about his personality than most. From my personal interactions with him, he's a very cool bro. One of the few guys who invites me to a lot of games, and will even hold the lobby open for me :o . On the other hand, he has had a couple times where the rage is real. If pressed, I'd say it's probably an 20/80 split on legit anger/acting.

I think people underestimate the kind of impact and importance Max has had to this community. I'll flat out tell you that when I didn't even have this game I watched Max Power's streams. I basically learned how to play the game by watching him on Twitch and it really sparked my interest in this community as a whole. Streaming has become a huge force pushing this whole thing forward and he has been one of the longest running, stable streams we've had. Lately it feels like we've had a suddenly explosion of streamers now and I think that's just a natural result of a guy like Max Power's investment.

What is you job? If student, what student are you?
-I am indeed still a student. I major in Political Science with a minor in Mass Communications. I am really passionate about the topic, but it's one of those topics that really engenders a lot of contentious talk. In that way, I prefer the research and paper section of it for now. I'm currently looking through my department for an internship opportunity to work as an aide for one of my local officials but that's the closest I have to a stable paycheck atm.

What is your greatest ability that is effective on a female?
-Well, you guys know me. My black hole charisma is sometimes so powerful that you can see all the ladies in the room slowly rotating towards me. Anyway for all you budding romantics out there here are my tips for you.

My favorite tactic is to find the youngest, most vulnerable looking but attractive girl working in the store. Spend time working out her routine. Once you've got it memorized, intercept her and introduce yourself. Do this for about three days. Once that is done, on the next time you meet up with her you need to put your hand on her belly and then just say "Soon.....". I swear it works every time.

I have another story about the importance of tatooing "Aids Survivor" on your lower back, but you're just asking for females here.

What is your biggest fear?
-Regret and failure, it's some weird mix of both. My mom has done a lot to keep my family going and the thought that I couldn't give back in some way, not just to her but to the people around me, is pretty daunting. If I don't use the lessons I learn in life to their fullest, whether it be because I was scared or that I just couldn't admit to myself what I needed to do, then I don't know how I'd face myself in the mirror.

But it's not all creepy and dark. That same idea is why you get up everyday and do the best you can out there. Instead of just crying about how bad things are, it inspires me to git gud, learn the real life matchups, and make sure I always keep an open heart and mind so that I can find new ways to meet my challenges.

What is your favorite hero ( in this game ) and why?
-In terms of pure gameplay, the Inquisitor. It's sort of a combination of being part of IG too. Their whole thing is basically being totally outclassed on the battlefield but, with enough ant bites, being able to take out superior opponents. The archetypal David. In terms of the hero, I think that a true hero and leader of men is an enabler; one that allows those around them to bring out the best of their ability. With the Inquisitor's multiple snaring abilities, she allows her Guardsman the pressure relief they need to do that.

On that same philosophical note, I like the rest of the Imperial Guard heroes as well. Outside of those, I like all the "support" style heroes like the CS, Apo, FS and so on.

If you had to live together with a member of this forum in he same house, who is the person which will directly deleted from your list?
- This is the toughest question so far, since all you bros are so cool. If I had to pick, I would probably banish you for trying to force me to banish someone else. That is a clear sign of heresy. Report to the Interrogation Chamber once this interview concludes. I have many questions.

Politics and you? How is it going on there?
- Oh god, THAT question. I'll keep it concise.

Full disclosure, I'm a registered Democrat in the US of A. That is to say, I'm on the right of basically anywhere else in the liberal world :P

In terms of purely American politics, I've very interested to see how far Bernie Sanders can go in this upcoming election. It's very early to say, but so far he seems to be a very rare breed of politician. Honest, enduring and one that doesn't like to play the "game". It doesn't hurt that he seems to have a very good read on the pulse of the people's mood. If he keeps this up, I sincerely hope he gains more importance on the national stage even if he doesn't win the presidency. The conservative end of the agenda is complete idiocy atm with Trump running the show so that's all I have to say about that part of it.

The situation in Greece has really opened my eyes as to the state of affairs in Europe. Again, full disclosure; I have family in Greece and I'm not a happy bear. Europe has had a history of spinelessness when it comes to international affairs and this is no different. Outside of England, the entirety of Europe seems willing to completely acquiesce to Germany's demands..... for a third time in a century.

Let's be entirely fair here, Greece is the one that started this mess. They should have never entered the Euro and they did little to address things even after joining. But let's not pretend that this was ever about Greece's financial situation. From a purely economic standpoint, the obvious solution to this entire mess was to allow Greece to exit the Euro a long time ago or failing that, the allowance of a parallel currency so that either of those would be allowed to depreciate. Greece would suffer some very hard times for a number of years, but at the end of the tunnel there's a decent shot at a stable and prospering nation.

But this was entirely a political matter, driven ultimately by a German administration that bullied a weaker nation into submission and in so doing, should have really opened up discussions about the structural failings of a political system. Only those kinds of discussions aren't being held because, once again, Europe is content to just stay silent and let it happen.

I said I'd be short, and I've already broken that but I'll try to summarize. If Europe is really going to try and unite as a union of states, then it's going to need a serious evaluation of their strengths and weaknesses and perhaps more importantly, going to have to learn how to rein in its more dangerous elements. Poor and Rich, Greece and Germany.

Do you have abs?
- As opposed to some hole in my chest?

Worst unit in the game?
- There's really no bad units in the game, so much as there are some units that are in need of some tweaks. More specifically, I think some units have a hard time filling their roles in their army. Nobs, for example, are a unit that doesn't quite perform at the level I think its cost warrants. That's not to say that it CAN'T do it. With plenty of support it'll do it's job well. But comparing the input to output, I think there is something to be desired. Ogryns are kind of in the same boat.

Do you think you deserve to be a Space Marine?
- That's small time. I'm bigger than the Emperor already. That upstart is just there to keep my seat warm.

Does Papa Nurgle loves you?
-Occasionally? I tend to let my beard grow a little too haggardly sometimes but I manage to keep my showers regular and my clothes mostly clean. Mostly :P

Caeltos is calling you for a dinner. Is it a trap or not?
- It's just a formality. We all know that I'll be giving the filthiest blowjob to him afterwards and it's his way of paying me for my time.

More seriously though, you have to admire the kind of empire that's he built here. It's not easy being in the leather seat sometimes and I feel that occasionally, he gets too much flak for minor things. Take this last patch for example. People are just raging and hitting their head on the floor like little children because of Palas and Ops and that kind of reaction is just unnecessary. It's not helpful, and neither is pm'ing him incessantly about things he's already aware of. I understand that everyone has their ideas about where things should go, but I trust Caeltos the most. He's the guy who has the most invested in the success of this mod.

Any last words to the members of this forum?
- My bros and I who are working on the tournaments have got a couple of really cool ideas we're throwing around now. This is a really formative time for that and I honestly think we're trying to decide the direction of high-level play till at least the end of the year.

We've had talks about moving towards a more league-oriented approach instead of just having MRTs. I personally believe that consistency and predictability are the parents of efficiency, so no matter what happens, I'll try to keep it clear to all of you what is going on and when as soon as I can.

Join up for MRT 16! Go to the Tournaments section of the forum and find its thread if interested! We're always looking for more bros to play!

Also, this site needs a spoiler function for its posting. It would save a ton of space.

Thank you for having me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes! This one is over too. Since I am being paid for each of these intervievs and also gain more than Caeltos I don't write sneaky, go away!, you can contact with me from PM. Have a nice day! Oh sorry, GL HF.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: DoW2 Intervievs Part II - ATLAS

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 10:19 pm

firatwithin wrote:Thank you for having me.
;) ;) nudge nudge, hubbah hubbah.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 10:25 pm

firatwithin wrote:Do you think Yugi Moto ( The king of games ) can defeat Toilalee in a 1v1?
-I think it'll be a tough matchup. Imperial Guard is pretty weak vs an OP Spellcaster deck that Yugi uses. I think in the end that while Yugi has the better matchup, Toilailee will come from behind by using Yugi's Slifer the Executive Producer against him, using all the extra requisition his double sent build gives him to ride into a victory. Just watch out for his trap cards Toilailee!

This question pleases me, even tho I haven't seen it. :P

ps. It's not REALLY that hard to spell my name right.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 1:49 am

Toilailee wrote:
firatwithin wrote:Do you think Yugi Moto ( The king of games ) can defeat Toilalee in a 1v1?

lmfao. omg. Nobody can spell your name.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 4:30 am

But but.... I spelled it right :(
Swift

Postby Swift » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 4:42 pm

When's Indrid's interview?
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 8:15 pm

how come the interview doesn't start with introducing who they are? like

Who are you and what do you do in the elite mod community
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 8:24 pm

Batpimp wrote:how come the interview doesn't start with introducing who they are? like

Who are you and what do you do in the elite mod community

I will keep in mind this. Thank you. :)
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 12:43 am

Yeah perhaps along with your standard questions, have an intro and also ask some interviewee specific questions if you can think fo them, e.g. "Why did you start casting?"

"Keep up the good work."
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.

Return to “Random Stuff”