The maps of MaxP. - Get 4P Tharsis Forge while its hot!!!

Elite (and related) releases.
MaxPower
Contributor

Re: The maps of MaxP. - WIP "Wrath of Baal" 4.11.

Postby MaxPower » Sun 24 Nov, 2013 10:49 am

Okay,

gonna post an update on the map progress tomorrow and I've changed the atmosphere settings on Tartarus Harbor after I received some feedback, claiming that it was too foggy, Hence I removed the fog/made it lighter.

I hope that the new version makes it into version 2.2 of the mod.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sun 01 Dec, 2013 2:01 pm

Yeah, it's me again

here is the promised update showing u the bases of player 2 + 3. I'm still working on the map, albeit progress has slowed down significantly due some personal stuff. :|

But if everything goes as planned, I still might be able to finish the map come Christmas.

Last but not least, ze pics:

Anyways, I hope u like those preview pics and maybe u could leave me some feedback.

Kind Regards
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sun 01 Dec, 2013 11:30 pm

certainly a nice looking map; at this point i think it's the nicest one i've seen.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Mon 02 Dec, 2013 3:49 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:certainly a nice looking map; at this point i think it's the nicest one i've seen.

Thanks man I appreciate that and I do hope that the map plays as good as it looks.
xerrol nanoha
Level 2

Postby xerrol nanoha » Wed 04 Dec, 2013 7:35 am

I love how you put the fog in the unpathable zones, gives the map a really crisp sense of boundaries without simply 'denying' the player access to certain areas as maps in vanilla often did.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Mon 16 Dec, 2013 4:31 pm

Quick update,

though I'm still working on Wrath of Baal I might not be able to finish it come christmas.
But I got something instead, a new version for Meridian High City:

I've changed the following stuff

- the whole mid section has been made smaller (removed 4 stairs, added 4 ramps)
- changed the contested req and gen farm layout, they should be 100% neutral now
- added MOAR splats

Anyways, some pics:

The changed mid section

The contested points

Wider lanes and places

Next I'll give some players a version of this map, so they evaluate the the changes and give me some feedback. Afterwards i'll send Lulgrim the new version, hoping it might be in the next Elite update.

Kind regards
MaxPower
Contributor

Re: The maps of MaxP. - Wrath of Baal WIP 24.12.

Postby MaxPower » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 11:46 pm

HOhoho merry Christmas everyone,

well I've got a short progress update for you showing off some of the new areas. 60% of the map are finished. Which means that, if everything goes as planned, I might be able to release it come January 5th.

And, as always, ze pics:

Just a quick overview of the map, showing you whats finished and what not. (lighting is a very bright on this one just because i can't work on a map that is like totally dark. Once I'm finished with baking lights, it looks as dark as the previous screenshots)

mid power point

contested vp

just some hallways

natural power point

and another contested power point

Ttfn
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Tue 24 Dec, 2013 5:22 am

looking good. the variety of routes is really nice and may make serious flanking possible, especially if those raised areas block sight.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 26 Dec, 2013 11:22 am

This is a complete overhaul of JoC? The recourse points at least look to have the same lay-out as are the general routes, with more routes added. Looks very promising!
Lemme know when it's finished and ready for some playtesting.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Thu 26 Dec, 2013 11:54 am

Dark Riku wrote:This is a complete overhaul of JoC? The recourse points at least look to have the same lay-out as are the general routes, with more routes added. Looks very promising!
Lemme know when it's finished and ready for some playtesting.

Yes the point layout is a near copy of JoC but i've changed the routes and the cover and all the other good stuff creating a new map of its own.

And I'd be happy to do some playtesting with you once the map is finished.
MaxPower
Contributor

Re: The maps of MaxP. - GET 6p Meridian Version 1.4 NOW!!

Postby MaxPower » Sat 28 Dec, 2013 3:10 pm

Okay,

the improved Meridian High City seems to be a tremendous improvement over the old one. So far I only got positive feedback concerning all the changes I've made.

Hence I'll give you the link to the improved version now: :)

-> Download link for 6P - Meridian High City Version 1.4<-

Install it as per usual. You should then be able to select the "(6p) Meridian High City WIP" in game. I just named it WIP so you might still be able to play the version Meridian that came with the latest update with players that don't have the newest version yet.

PS.: Lulgrim I gave you a different link, because I had to do a small change + that one I gave you also doesnt have the suffix WIP, meaning it is the version thats supposed to be in the next patch (it is so to speak the definitive version of Meridian). :!:
xerrol nanoha
Level 2

Postby xerrol nanoha » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 8:55 am

I love <3 the work you do on your maps, but after I installed the massive retribution map packs from a couple years ago your reskins are easily lost. I wish you wouldn't rename them as vastly different from the originals, I have a difficult time finding the ones that I want to use among 100+ potential options :(
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 9:23 am

they should show up near the beginning of a map type, right after the maps from the original game. i thin it has to do with sga ordering or something like that
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 1:50 pm

xerrol nanoha wrote:I love <3 the work you do on your maps, but after I installed the massive retribution map packs from a couple years ago your reskins are easily lost. I wish you wouldn't rename them as vastly different from the originals, I have a difficult time finding the ones that I want to use among 100+ potential options :(

How are they named vastly different? They are named like the official maps made from relic, its always *(number of player) map name*. Or has it to do with the names of the maps themselves?
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sun 05 Jan, 2014 11:50 pm

Okay,

last update on Wrath of Baal. The map is nearly done, only one starting point and one contested power area is missing, so hopefully it should be rdy come next weekend.

[Just a bunsh of rubbish]
Last edited by MaxPower on Tue 07 Jan, 2014 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 06 Jan, 2014 12:00 am

Max at least try play 1v1 and see if you can get into that? Only nids and gk are a big balance problem out of all the things you listed there, so it should be much more entertaining. Besides we need 1v1 maps (see I'm a selfish bastard really). I can help you transition into 1's though if ya need a rival to bash heads with repeatedly. More people I have to play against the better.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Mon 06 Jan, 2014 12:05 am

That Torpid Gamer wrote:Max at least try play 1v1 and see if you can get into that? Only nids and gk are a big balance problem out of all the things you listed there, so it should be much more entertaining. Besides we need 1v1 maps (see I'm a selfish bastard really). I can help you transition into 1's though if ya need a rival to bash heads with repeatedly. More people I have to play against the better.

Nah sorry, I'm just not into 1on1s, thx for the offer though. :)
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 06 Jan, 2014 12:21 am

I just feel you get so frustrated by threes whenever I play with/watch you and that seems to be confirmed with you stating your dislike for all the broken things in 3v3. At the fear of sounding condescending I would ask how many hours of 1v1 you have played? I mean, I understand if you prefer the 'epicness' of teams, but 1v1 have a steeper learning curve at first which puts many people off, however eventually you get so much more room to breath. Everything is balanced better, more build orders are viable, micro and macro both become more important, everything is faster paced and more intense, it's my drug. I want to share my drug. :(
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 06 Jan, 2014 12:31 am

MaxPower wrote:B. Getting trolled by like everyone, especially guys like Angry Bird and Dark Riku, hence I've come to the conclusion that this "community" is ultimately not worth it, thanks a bunch guys.
Are you serious Max? -.- I've been nothing but supportive towards you.
Just because you lose some 3v3's doesn't mean you should start acting like a jerk...
Stopping the countdown every time is what made Indrid kick you. You know trolling...
Unconscious
Level 2

Postby Unconscious » Mon 06 Jan, 2014 9:23 pm

Take care of your 1v1 first, then do 3v3.
aka Alexander / Eye0fHoruS.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Tue 07 Jan, 2014 12:42 am

Alexander wrote:Take care of your 1v1 first, then do 3v3.

As I said I dont care about 1on1s. :P
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 4:01 pm

Hiho,

I'm not able to finish the map this weekend due to a hardware failure which resets my PC whenever I try to run the worldbuilder or elite. :evil:

Checked everything and It seems that my graphics card is done fore, hence I've got to get a new one first before I can go back to map making. :(

Gonna order a new card today, hope that I'm able to finish the map next weekend.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sun 12 Jan, 2014 2:38 am

could also be the psu
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 5:14 am

Little update,

I should be able to finish the map come this weekend, which means that Baal should be part of 2.3 of elite. :D
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sun 26 Jan, 2014 3:22 am

(6p)Wrath of Baal - Version 1.0
by Max Power

-> Download link for 6P - Wrath of Baal Version 1.0<-

Mission briefing

"The main attack is now imminent, however Brother Librarian Calistarius has made a discovery. The Wrath of Baal, long thought lost, is here, within this hulk. For nine thousand years it has languished here, and with it the artefact it was bearing to Terra. Thought lost for so long, now it will return to us.

Locate the artefact and return. To leave it in the hands of the Genestealers is unthinkable."

Layout

Nearly like "Judgmend of Carion".

Design

I never really liked JoC which is why I decided to give the JoC point layout a newish map.

The problem for me was, that the 3on3 version of JoC never felt like an actual derelict space ship. Mostly because the of the wide walkways and the rather big halls.

Changelog/History

• release of version 1.0 of Wrath of Baal - 6 Player Version

Ze Pics

Natural VPs

Contested VP

Natural gen farms

Contestd gen farms

Natural req points

Contested req points

Kind Regards

MaxPower
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: The maps of MaxP. - GET 6p Wrath of Baal 1.0 NOW!!

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 26 Jan, 2014 1:43 pm

Looks good. Now to playtest :D

Edit: English installer pls? :p
Last edited by Dark Riku on Sun 26 Jan, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sun 26 Jan, 2014 2:29 pm

Looks very promising!
Orkfaeller
Contributor

Postby Orkfaeller » Sun 26 Jan, 2014 3:44 pm

Love the uh, linework (?) around the Points.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sun 26 Jan, 2014 6:08 pm

Included in 2.2 beta 10.
Commissar Vocaloid
Shoutcaster

Postby Commissar Vocaloid » Sun 02 Feb, 2014 10:56 am

Not sure if I can like this map after playing it - it looks pretty visually (though a little dark on my screen), but i've encountered way too many problems. It's a nightmare for pathing in particular. I lost 2 or 3 vehicles in one game because I had told them to go down one corridor but pathing insisted they took strange movements down another.

Furthrmore, some of the pathways are nightmares for tanks in general as well. Consider the side corridors as almost impossible to navigate, as these sort of "door ways" as I will call them, seem to really have some issues when moving more than one unit past. Way too did I have instances where units clipped out of squad formations because the boundary boxes for the squad was interfering with vehicles, so I'd have half a squad several meters down a corridor ahead of another.

This map is also heaven for jump troop to the point that I'd say they have a distinct advantage over vehicles as well (especially if we're talking heavy melee). It's very hard to navigate the tank to turn around and move which means a lot of jump troop will be getting many free shots on rears, which is further helped by the multitude of weaving paths. and multiple access points. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is also helped by the fact that they can also jump over the various walls dividing up the map (much like how an autarch can jump over the medean cliff mines despite the oddness of it)

Lastly, from what I played, it seems like a lot of endgame focus ends up in the center lane, which is alright - it's wide enough to fit multiple large units along with armies, and things don't seem to be interfering as much as many of the tight corridors, so I can't complain about that.

But otherwise, the multiple entry points, which seem interesting at first for flanking, actually end up being more of a misery outside of the tactical advantage they apply.

Just my two cents.

PS - the map happened to make me rage hard after the 3rd vehicle died to silly things that were a result of strange pathing.
Twitch: commissar_vocaloid
Tex wrote:Torpid + Riku sittin in a tree, A-R-G-U-I-N-G, first comes opinion, then comes a bias, then comes a never ending loop of philosophical retorts in response to childish finger wagging.

Return to “Releases”