True40K Mod test.

Modding discussion.
Black Relic
Level 4

True40K Mod test.

Postby Black Relic » Sat 16 Jul, 2016 9:19 pm

NOTE: My mod uses some data the Elite has so it can work with Elite.

Ok so some people might know that i have been creating a mod. I started about 4 years ago without no clear direction until about a year and a half ago. Now I have a version that I am somewhat confident is decently balanced and has drastic changes as well. I will give a brief explanation on what i changed so people can get an idea of what to expect.

The goal of the mod is to do two things. Make a "new" game mode that i call AVP which stands for Advance Victory Point control (is only available to maps the I have created which are found at the bottom of the map pool. Sadly there is only 3 maps atm). Pretty self explanatory. The mode involves new points, supply lines and the ability to change the map such as destroying bridges (eventually gates if i can get them to work and atm of release only the 3v3 true40K test map has this) to block advances in a certain direction and use terrain to your advantage to set up ambushes. The other goal is to provide additional units to make heroes more unique but all allow a bit more diverse play style with have a new units not overlap with other units role too much (which atm the only new units that does this is Possessed Marines pretty much taking up MoK CSM's role)

The are going to be a few spelling mistakes and the fact i have nearly no idea how to make DDS files properly I am a little bummed out on it even though I have the paint app. Although I will eventually focus on DDS later.

OK so quick intro if you don't look at the readme or the AVP mode.txt file. AVP mode involves 4 or more VP points. As coded in the game a team can only lose 3 vps at a time. So even if someone has a 5 to nil in vp counters a team will still only lose 3 vp per tick. some of the VP's will have generators to power then. You can destroy the gen to deactivate the VP. And a player can spend resources to repair the gen so they can now cap that VP.

Relay point are around to allow the player to have forward bases. The bases can only hold 5 buildings at a time. There are only 6 builds a player can spawn in at these points. To put it simply it's an armory (additional globals and is needed to allow upgrades to persist. Meaning you have to have the upgrade from the upgrade position and the armory both to unlock the benefit) barracks (build infantry), factory (build vehicles), supply depot (spawns additional resources), command center (generated red among other thing), and military support building (increases popcap). Note that there is a limit to how many buildings a single player can own. Buildable structure like turrets from the PC and Techmarine are also included in this. Each Forward base (relay point) will have characteristics of each race and example being Tyranids basic defensive structure periodically spawns a pair of spore mines and a small group of rippers in which both expire after a set amount of time, so show to endless number of time in how as you push into tyranid line the more they grow in numbers (the expiring thing is just a balance concern). At these relay points if you choose to purchase a unit there they will cost extra than if you purchase at the HQ however they will take less time to spawn and get to the fights. So as a player you have to choose to spend the extra resources to get units to the fight more of save resources at the expense of time.

Stratagems are points that can be captured to give a player a benefit of some sort.
The Imperial Shrine will slow generate red resource for the team that holds it and a player can trade resources there for power or requisition.
The Automated Foundry allows access to off map artillery. Which there is a free version that is inaccurate and low number of projectiles but as the more red your spend on the off map artillery to more accurate, the missiles become more numerous and the cooldown for the ability is reduced.
Communication Array allows a Farsight ability without the keen sight radius.. The is a free version that doesn't last as long and is somewhat scale. Similar to the AF the scan ability last longer and reveals a larger area as you spend more red on the ability. This point also has a fairly large sight radius.
Jammer Array allows a player to jammer the resources of a requisition point reducing its req production for a limited amount of time. Note that this point can be destroyed.

Generators points can be captured to additional fire power to push or defend an area. Note that these turrets are weak and have a small sight radius so they can be out maneuvered. These Turrets are invulnerable but when their health goes down a certain percentage they do stop firing.

Atm that about it for the point additions.

As for races changes I will be working on a change log for each race and post it here later. But I will say this.

Every squad (with the exception of nobs, terminators, heretics and devastators) has had an increase in model size. Tactical Marines has 4 models instead of 3, hormagaunts has 10. Leveling has been changed a bit. To allow less snowballing units that hit level 3 only get an increase in a single stat like health, damage or they get an ability. An example being hormagaunts and termaguants that hit level 3 get 2 additional models added to their squad. Tactical Marines who hit level 3 get access to a hell fire grenade that deal a decent amount of damage, DoT in the area and slows all units in said area by 40% rather than getting flat stat increase. Again in the changelog all will be listed but eldar level 3 is just a ability cooldown reduction so they can use fleet of foot a lot among other abilities.

Melee has be changed to be a little bit chancy based on certain requirements. a Unit the can perform a special attack has a 5% chance to do one as...
1: Unit is below 40% HP (if a unit has over 40% Hp he cannot have this special attack override change)
2: Target is over 70% HP (if the target is under 70% HP a units against him that is under 40% hp does not have the special attack override chance)

This provides a little bit of randomness that isn't over the top imo.

Change vehicles pathing. I find it a better improvement compared to retail and Elite but I based the movement on my own opinions so i need more feedback here.

Any way I think that a decent intro. Read the read me and the AVP txt files in your directory is needed or you can just explore.

Steam Name: Black_Relic

Add me if you have any concerns or post here.

p.s. I love SM but i tried to not be biased and gave a lot of love to other races let me know if i missed something and it is a bit UP. Id say look at eldar if you please.

I am mainly posting this her to get feed back onto the new game mode (i suck at making map fwi), problems, and balance issues. I hope i can get some pvp games going since i am eager to see how people react and play the AVP mode.

Known issues

Operatives and catachans dont have sound when shooting. I change Operatives to firing on the move lost their sound, reverted it back but the sound never came back.

Interceptors, purifiers and the Strike Squad Justicar have the Halberd stance. I did this since once I change the Strike Squad from always aiming while moving i lost the sound on the storm bolters when the melee_sword stance was equip. The Halberd stance gets the sound back (WHICH MAKE NO FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING RELIC MAN AND THEIR BUGS THAT MAKE NO FUCKING SENSE).

Squads not getting automatically binded. Delete the autoexec.lua file. That file allows a player to bind all squads to the numpad 1 to 0. Allows (in theory) micro management of 100 squads. But it can mess people up. Don't worry deleting it will not break compatibility.

The Maps is made don't have any picture when loading and the picture in the map pool does not show any icons. Yes i know i have no clue how to do that stuff.

I forgot i changes the impass of bridges so infantry cannot path over bridges atm.

Buildings turrets at the military structure for Space Marines says call in tactical marines.

Atm that's about it. This mod give a good intro is what i have always wanted in an RTS game. This doesn't have everything though. Dow2 cannot handle it all it seems.

All I can say is the next patch will have balance issues addressed based on what feedback i receive, apparent bugs (since i am sure there will be a few), and territory will be introduced. anyway cheers.

(removed)

Enjoy.
Last edited by Black Relic on Tue 13 Sep, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
egewithin
Level 5

Re: True40K Mod test.

Postby egewithin » Sat 16 Jul, 2016 9:37 pm

Can we make this thing work without deleting elite mod? I think in codex mod we had to.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sat 16 Jul, 2016 9:49 pm

It needs Elite to work honestly. Probably should have put that in the OP. But the UCS files (the files that contain the tooltips) start from 11000000 while elites starts at 10000000.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 19 Jul, 2016 4:30 am

Edited known issues.
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Wed 20 Jul, 2016 7:08 pm

firatwithin wrote:Can we make this thing work without deleting elite mod? I think in codex mod we had to.

you can have both installed simultaneously. Let me know if anyone wants to play some 1v1s on this! curious to see how the new game mode plays out :)
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 20 Jul, 2016 7:34 pm

Note that the bridges are not pathable atm since i forgot i changed it while i was experimenting with pathing. I will however be making another 1v1 and a 2v2 map when i do the next update. But I am willing to 1v1 you. Hit me up if you are down.

P.S I want you to try out the inq as well for grey knights and I wanna play the Command Squad hero vs you and see if he needs more tweaking.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Thu 21 Jul, 2016 11:29 pm

Made a quick patch to add some maps and make infantry path over bridges again.

Commissar Lord has a bolt pistol weapon upgrade now.

Lowered the energy cost of Inspire courage abilities to 25 (10 energy if he has carapace armor) and lowered the damage buff from 100% to 65%. The Bolt Pistol increases that buff back to 100% as well as increasing range and damage of his pistol, which is pretty scary imo.

(took down this first patch link since it isn't needed).
Last edited by Black Relic on Mon 08 Aug, 2016 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imperator1
Level 2

Postby Imperator1 » Wed 03 Aug, 2016 2:49 am

I would suggest using moddb for hosting files as a secondary backup.
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Wed 03 Aug, 2016 6:51 pm

The descripton sounds very interesting and promising. I would like to try out this mod soon! If someone is interested - let's do this !
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Fri 05 Aug, 2016 11:57 am

Nice Mod. 1v1 Maps are kinda huuuge. Issue: Starting squad (like scouts or guardsmen) does not appear in the unit list on the right side. I Love the commissars bolt pistol!
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 05 Aug, 2016 7:27 pm

Slaaneshi rounds on chosen marines need toning down - they suppress far too quickly and sometimes they get stuck after toggling rounds much like sternguard do in elite.

Possessed squad seems to have very little purpose. Its dps is too low to compete with the easier to access, more mobile and cheaper bloodletters. And its relative fragility+lack of ranged weapons makes it all around inferior to terminators. If I lacked the red to get terminators I cannot see why I would get possessed over a predator.

High model squads seem to have overpowered melee dps in general, especially ork - presumably the fact that squads were being sized up wasn't accounting for in the dps values so the high model ork squads now do obscene amounts of melee dps especially to commanders which having got any increase in hp due to increased squad size.

Bloodcrusher charge knocks back on retreat. Not sure if this is a bloodcrusher issue or a charge in general issue.

Seems to be a bug concerning the Ordo Malleus Inquisitor's rosarius not toggling on sometimes.

Heretic (not cultist) built shrines of nurgle do not reinforce upon being worshipped.

Pretty much all I've got to say so far. Really good mod though. I like it!

If anyone wants to do some 1v1 on it with me hit me up on steam!
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 9:52 am

Sounds really fun, will try when I get back.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 12:52 am

2nd True40K Patch. Does not need the first patch to work.

(removed)

Added a way for players to shut down turrets without capture them. Turrets are stop shooting if their health goes below 20% (rather than the previous 5%). The Turrets are no longer untargetable allowing for a player to maneuver around them or touch power. But units will automatically attack them if the turret fires at them.

Lowered power income from power nodes (only on my maps i created).

Lowered requisition income (only on maps i created).

Increased the requisition increase from the supply lines.

The Jammer Array also produces resources. Is not affected by supply lines.

Made some needed changes to upkeep. Reworked the Brother Captain. Fixed some bugs. Grey Knights should be ready to go in the AVP mode now.

@torpid

As for possessed marine i did increase the movement speed to 6.25 (making them SUPER hard to kite,and making them amazing flanking units now) and their melee damage a tad. And the Bloodletter leader upgrade is in t3 now.

Lowered high model count melee damage a extremely small amount with the exception of hormagaunts.

The Nurgle shrine should work as intended now.

The Slaanesh round have a 3 second delay before to add the courage damage.

The OM inq bubble should work more reliably now. Found a wrong requirement and fixed it.

Changed Pathing a bit. Walkers can walk over infantry now. Tanks do not push infantry units out of the way. I want to experiment and see what people say after some testing.

Any way give me your concerns in a bit. And tell me if you would rather have the sternguard rounds be upgrades rather than abilities (won't cost anything) and they switch rounds that way. Because if we go the upgrade route there will be no bugs with the unit but it does make switching round a bit more difficult. Let me know what course of action should be taken.

@Sneery Thug

The is a lua file i had myrdal make for me awhile back. It allows players to bind squads the the num pad (example beiong squads 1-6 binded to the num pad 1 and then on num pad 2 6 more squads were binded to that).

You can remove this feature (or hindrance depending on how you feel about it) by going to the Dow2 Ret directory and removing the autoexec.lua file.

I do plan on talking (begging) to myrdal to fix some bugs i have found with the feature and seeing if my ideas could fix the problem and maybe even making the feature easier to use one being rather than binding the squad to a num key it adds it to the num key. Since atm if you bind a squad to a num key all other squads that were already binded there are no longer bounded to that key.
Last edited by Black Relic on Tue 09 Aug, 2016 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 6:18 am

SADLY the last patch fed with compatibility so i had to make a full release. But there was a HUGE bug with the Ward ability from the warding staff that required fixing anyway.

So here is a the True40Kv1.1 and there is a small intro to what i have changed in the AVP mode. An I am kinda happy to announce that the AVP mode is a little closer to being complete (playable totally just doesn't have everything i want to incorporate).

(removed)

removing the other versions since i don't want people getting confused on which is the correct one to download. Hopefully everything is totally fine and not broken and just needs some tweaking because i don't want to make another release within a 2 weeks. Too many things for people to download.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 13 Sep, 2016 7:58 pm

Ok here is a newer version of my mod.

On most of the maps i made i changed some of the point locations. Need a little feed back there. Thinking about removing some forward base point in the 3v3 maps but i need a bit more insight to see what people think.

Requisition Points produce more resources on the maps i created to try an bring the mode into a pacing i wanted. Might add some more changes later on.

The Jamming Array ability is actually worth using now. It cuts the requisition point's resource production to its base amount.

I changed the Eldar roster a bit and moved the D cannon to t2 and wraithguard to t3.

The D cannon does not get its ability until t3 and its mini blackhole it does doesn't happen until t3 as well. Its range has also been increased a bit.

Wraithguard have fire on the move as opposed to before where they did not.

Main goal here was to give the wraithlord his purpose as a line breaking unit but have a less expensive and less risky way of hitting a dug in position. Wraithlord might need some love due to this but i want to see how it works out first.

Dark Reapers have been changed a bit. Their tempest launcher is actually useful. Their damage has gone up a tad bit and the leader does plasma damage. Eldar need much needed attention to see if i made them a bit too powerful. (although some would argue that eldar just being in the game is OP caz **** eldar)

Ranger and scouts sniper damage and range has been increased. However their set up time has been increased to offer a bit more time for the enemy to react to the shots. However they will also tear down faster and can reposition alot quicker. Trying to have a player have an opportunity to deal with the snipers but can quickly lose it due to the tear down time. And now snipers can better stay out side of a fight getting their damage out.

The Brother Captain had a bug which has been fixed. Hero actually plays a bit more like a psycher now.

Possessed Marines have a tad bit faster movement speed and when they are under the effect of their ability they heal with every melee kill.

That's the big things that I changed. Send me some feedback when you can. Slowly working on a change log.

A known issue is that the wraithguard unit selection is under the t3 upgrade similar to dark reapers.

True40Kv1.2
removed
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 21 Dec, 2016 1:24 am

Ok guys. I have my mod ready to go if anyone wants to try it out now. It should have an easier time being compatible with other people since it's not all individual files anymore its sga instead.

I did add a few things. I balanced some stuff, fixed some bugs.

Some big things i added was the military support buildings that increase pop also produces requisition. Since before you would just be hammered for req income and would make increasing your pop cap pointless. Helps that out a little bit. Also make losing a squad not hurt as much since you can come back to it. Does add an interesting new way to play in making them high value targets now.

Conscripts no longer cost upkeep. Found that they did cost and it was actually making IG completely underpowered. Fixed.

The AVP mode was not as fast paced as i wanted it to be so i increase resource rates a tad which made a huge difference.

The Factory Strategem was near pointless for the most part so to make it a more valuable asset in the game i made it start producing req and power. Small amount but it all adds up over the course of the game.

I also added and auto retreat ability (toggled) to every unit (except commanders) in the game that retreats the squad when it get below 10% HP.
Help preserve your units however doesn't stop bleed. And still allows for punishment for players that aren't paying too much attention.

Anyway here is the link. Note how since the mod uses some of Elites' data that it is needs to play properly.

removed
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Thu 29 Dec, 2016 10:07 pm

Removed

That is a version that has alot less bugs and the new heros are usable via abilities from certain heros. The Heroes that can switch to another have their tooltip updated in the hero selection screen.

Sadly i had to do this since there is a bug that i don't know how to fix atm that makes all the heroes out side or the normal ones in the hero selection screen crash the game. So to make them usable I made them available via ability to spawn them in and then despawn your starting hero.

There are some balances changes involved and bug fixes out side of the major one. Enjoy!
Last edited by Black Relic on Sun 01 Jan, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sun 01 Jan, 2017 8:24 pm

Here is an update. The were some stuff that i have over looked and fixed.

Next i think imma focus on the AVP mode.

Here is the up to date version.

removed
Last edited by Black Relic on Wed 15 Mar, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 4:08 pm

OK yall i have a bit of an update. Changed a few things.

Space Marines (i know sounds strange) was a little underpowered. Their units while durable was extremely outnumbered easily and overran because as an SM player you couldn't take too many losses due to them being extremely expensive. I made a change that I will get some hate on and thats SM units and Chaos (except bloodletters, heretic and cultists) have an die last model to help mitigate bleed a bit (they still can bleed alot) and SM/CSM units staying incombat for longer. Terminators for both factions are all die last. Making them extremely durable. Ranged Terminators do less damage per shot but have a higher dps due to fire rate. Meaning they don't have a huge amount poof burst potential outside of the assault cannon/autocannon.

Apothecary is amazing now. With the change above maximising heals is a tad easier and you can hold on to the heal for longer. Also all his wargear was added to. Example being purification rites increases the heal ability. Imo the only nerf the Apo has from me is his passive heal was decreased from 3* to 2.5*. Although The apo does have a new wargear to bring it back to normal.

Tyranids synapse improved. Warriors with Adrenal Glands are scary.

Orks not being OP. Their activated buffs was too easy to stack and speed 12 sluggas was a joke. The additional Nob leader most orks squads could get their HP was reduced.

Ig sentinels damage was increased a bit. Really needed to happen. Missile launcher stayed the same though.

Chaos. Well honestly i don't think they needed much help outside of keeping their actual important units alive.

Eldar...well Eldar was actually also a bit underwhelming so while it pains me to say so it was due to their t1 dps from DA's. So while their damage went up by just 1. That singles digit was exactly what they needed to be bullshit and imo that's fine. Because if i think DA's are BS then i am doing it right because DA's has always been a pain in the ass.

I'll make this short. Since Infantry have right of way and not vehicles (you cannot abuses vehicles pathing anymore becuase that was Bullshjit and you all know it) i added an ability to vehicles to push ALLIED infantry out of the way. Same function as the bloodcrusher's roar but the units don't run as far away. Also noticed vehicles being underwhelming across the board as well. So rather than increasing all of their HP pool's which ends up breaking the 1v1 game mode i added one more ability to the vehicles (not walkers). It makes gives the vehicle's 30% damage resistance at the cost of a large amount of movement speed. It's a toggled ability. Takes 2.5 seconds for it to take affect, and 15 seconds to use again as well as 15 seconds to turn it off. While this does "increase" the HP pool of the vehicle leaves a large opening to take the vehicles down if left unaware like normal.

Now for the changes i did to the AVP mode. All military support building s produce a bit more req. The reasoning being popcap is increased. The Communications array when capped increases all allied units range by 1. Might change that to sight range increase but that's for another brainstorm. Automated Foundry generating resources was removed. Instead it slowly repairs vehicles when captured. The Imperial Shrine also can act as the retreat point (but cannot reinforce). Power nodes done produce as much until you node them in 1v1. You can still tech fast but that's only if you enemy plays passively. The capturable turrets take longer to cap. 15 seconds to decap and 15 seconds to cap. The Jamming Array's ability now last for 3 minutes but has a 6 minute cooldown.

The Armory building was changed. Before when you purchased something at the upgrade position you had to have the armory to be able to use it. That was stupid and was changed. Now if you buy something at the Upgrade position you immediately get to use it.

Now the Armory actually provides buffs that you can purchase to add to your army. Ill list them and a small description.

Space Marines: (wanted to focus in making SM strength with quality in their forces and each one being difficult to take down).
Bionic: Increases melee resistance (7.5%)
Improved targeters: Increases ranged damage (5%) Heavy Bolters gain increased range.
Increased Pace: Movement speed of units goes up by a small amount when enemies aren't within a certain area
Purge with (holy) Fire: All Flame weapons have increase potency to help with scaling (not really targeted at the heavy flamer or flame storm cannons).
Scout explosives: Allows access to a remote Demo device that they can plant and frag grenades do more damage to buildings.
Dreadnaught addon: Allows usage to dreadnoughts at the machine cult (before it was an upgrade at the upgrade position)
Predator Addon: Same as above but with a pred.

Imperial Guard: (they still really aren't done yet but i wanted have a mix between vehicles and basic infantry)
There are two Conscript upgrades: Both makes them respawn another model. Whiles Conscripts are free to reinforce sometimes it take awhile. Now they can replenish their numbers and get out on the field faster.
Increased Pace: Same as SM's
Light Vehicles Support: Adds 10% damage resistance to sentinels and chimeras. To help makes them scale even better.
Leman Russ addon: Allows a Leman Russ to be produced from the Factory.

Orks: (Wanted to zero in on their reckless behavior and their constant praise of WAAAGH!! Still not done yet)
Morer Boyz (yes original): Allows Grunt Shoots and Grunt Sluggas to reinforce 3 at a time.
Betta' WAAAAGH!!!: Whenever a WAAAAGH!! of Frazzles goes off Orks gain a small amount of XP (really really small but can add up to a level).
Betta' Bannerz: Increases the buff form the Banners and the passive buffs form the forward base of orks. (hopefully this will make bannerz more often to see.)
Rig 'Em: When an Ork vehicles is destroyed it will damage all units near it.(will be adding a bit more later).
Looted Tank addon: Well you get the drill.

Eldar: (well they have always been BS and slippery so that's what i tried a bit to put forward, have two more slots to use any ideas?)
Ambush: When units are partly revealed they will do increased damage. Rangers do 50% more damage.
Slippery: Eldar infantry have a 5% chance to completely avoid damage.
Improved Rangefinders: You guessed it. Small increase to range damage.
Haste: Similar to the increase pace above just faster.
Crystal Prism: Fire Prisim's can be built at the forward base.

Chaos: (CHAOS!!!! Is not done yet)
Bionics: Copy and Paste of the SM one.
Increased pace: NOT the same as SM. Since Chaos don't have a transport their speed increase is a flat increase at all times. However it's not as substantial.
Blessings of the Dark Gods: Heretics and Cultists gain 50% damage resistance when using worship or when they are worshiping a shrine.
Dread Addon: Same as SM
Pred Addon: Same as SM

Tyranids: (was hard to figure out since they already play fucking well already. They maybe too OP now though lol. Still not done too though).
Stranglethorn Biomorph: All Barbed Stranglers have their range increased. Warriors with the Stranglers have increased HP.
DNA reclamation: The Forward base defensive capillaries spawn more rippers and spore mines.
Regeneration: Tyranids regen hp even faster at the forward base.
Sturdier Synapse Web: Synapse backlash does less damage and doesn't knock other tyranids back as much and the area of the bomb is lowered.
Fex addon: You are on fire you guessed it right on the money!!

There you go. Changed you the map Sandstorm. While not done it certainly is playable.

Here is the ver.2.24mod. Might switch back from doing SGA to files since the somestuff just wont work when its in the SGA.

removed
Last edited by Black Relic on Sat 18 Mar, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 1:27 am

Realized the update i just posted was bugged with the only thing that needed changing immediately was hormagaunts/ termagants not taking any damage from ranged fire when under basic synapse.

So here is the update.

removed
Last edited by Black Relic on Wed 29 Mar, 2017 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 2:32 am

Thanks for your diligence bro! We should play sometime.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 2:52 am

I would LOVE to have a team game tbh. So i can see some steel rain action. Which btw that is a global for the SM when you purchase an upgrade called death from above at the upgrade position. It also makes drop pods do more damage when they land which i think is a pretty cool touch.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 8:01 am

(removed)

There is the new update. Finally got CL's and the Inq's globals to switch when you change the hero to gain access to the GK faction and also balanced them a bit since they were a bit UP. Still pretty fun to play. IF you like storm bolters being the assault weapon they should be. You'll like the change to their fire pattern.

Adrenal Gland warriors fucking 5 melee skill increase that i added to them for WHATEVER reason was changed.

Imperial Guards eco is better now. It was shit last update when i noticed how much my upkeep plummeted when i got catachans and stormtroopers. Trust me it was bad.

Ork big shootas was nerfed in damage a tad. I think that was needed since i lowered to power cost awhile back to 15. Increased the HP pool of Nobs out of the gate. My reasoning was that even though their cost was lowered and they were available in t2 they were too shit without their upgrades. And I didn't want to put them in t3 again because i wanted ork t2 to be extremely diverse. That being said. Since they got the HP increase their t3 upgrade they have that increases their HP was lowered by a good 10%. Also fixed some upkeep stuff for orks and the Sluggas nob cost a bit more caz fuck him. Not really though, because his power melee, and Swamp' em with them 40% range damage resistance was to AMAZING!! What would have give to put that on ASM....Well i could but i won't.

Space Marines....they cost more to reinforce, give more red and XP when they are taken down. 100% needed. Ranged Terminators and their storm bolters. I really wanted to have these guy rather than do a ton of damage with their storm bolters i wanted them to do more damage over time as opposed to burst damage. However! That being said their Stormbolters now do a small amount of courage damage. Meaning Shotgun blasts and what not becomes WAY more effective now. Since this was a change they got and increase in their HP regen. by a smig. While some may be worried about the Apo being OP as shit with terminators...here is a tip...kill him first. Since the Terminators don't do as much burst damage you have a bit more time to do your damage. Although they will be hard to force off. Trade off there.

Chaos. Nothin' Special. Heretic's Asp Champ got an HP increase they he needed caz for a die last model he was still a bit too fragile for the amount of range fire power flying around. Icon of Khorne got an ability added to what it already does. The ability is literally the Juggernaut's Demonic Roar slapped on him but effects and animators were changed to resemble the dow1 ability from the khorne berserkers.

Main reason why i fixed this...the setup decorators were missing for Havocs and Devastators. So I fixed. YAY!!!!!

I am sure I forgot shit but hey whats new.
Last edited by Black Relic on Wed 26 Apr, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darleth
Level 0

Postby darleth » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 10:08 am

Link not work...could you fix it?
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 9:08 pm

My bad. Toke it down caz i had an update that i never uploaded.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B88n7 ... lRQaVdGTGM

There you go.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 10:19 pm

New update.

Better Orks, fixed a tyranid bug where their synapse backlash wasn't working. Space Marines bleed less but their eco hurts ALOT when they lose a model.

Cover does not lower courage damage as much.

Fixed some other bugs, made some more balances changes bla bla bla.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B88n7 ... lFpWUM0WDg
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sun 02 Jul, 2017 1:19 am

Gotta new update. Download is at the bottom of the page.

Ok so i made a few changes to the AVP mode. First being that keeping your supply line is a bit more beneficial. Before it made a small difference but now it's a bit more obvious. You can see a good 50-100 req income per minute difference from the supply lines being cut or interrupted.

i removed units automatically spawning at the upgrade position during AVP on the 15 and 30 minute mark. There was a bug involved but i think its best if it wasnt there in the first place.

In the AVP mode you automatically get a req point when you start the game so your upgrade position and the two units the spawn in afterwards show up sooners increasing the pace of the early game drastically.

Capturable turrets in the AVP mode got a large change. First off they no longer suppress targets. In the early game and on some maps it completely cut off an area of the map for the first 3 to 4 minutes of the game. That made the turrets higher priority and made capping order very one dimensional. My initial intention was to have these turrets be a helpful addition in defending an area but not easily defend an area by themselves. The other change to the turrets is that they will do more damage at longer ranges however the damage is significantly lower than before and shorter ranges. My intention is so they will still help in a firefight but not completely deter melee with their damage. We will see how that goes.

I changed the auto cloak cover mechanic a bit. i changed it last patch but i didn't say much i don't think. Now the Auto cloak cover cloaks only infantry that walk in the area (signified by a lot of grass) and infantry retain the cloak for a small amount of time after leaving the area. If an enemy units get too close to a unit that is infiltrated from the auto cloak area they will automatically decloak and be revealed. Makes the whole mechanic more realistic imo and well balanced.

Stratagems have gotten some changes themselves. Before the Astronomic Array and the Automated Foundry had globals on the building and could only be used by the player that captured the building. I changed it to where when a player captures the Array all allied infantry units gain a sight_radius increase. Allowing a player to better plan fights or scouts an enemy's where abouts easier. When the automated foundry is captured it grants all allies upgrade positions the free off map artillery global. Making it extremely valuable to every race since it can be used to help or defends against a push.

The Imperial Shrine also received a change. While i thought it was a good idea at first and i might implement it in a different way later, you can no longer trade resources in at the Shrine. Instead when the Shrine is captured all allied infantry get a small HP increase.

And idk if I mentioned it before but all Stratagems produce red however the Imperial Shrine produces more red than the other two stratagems combined.

I added a mobile defense upgrade that the Imperial Guard upgrade position that added another upgrade to lasturrets (that stack with the other upgrade) for a cheaper cost, the Deployable cover from guardsmen now grants range damage resistance (doesn't stack with itself) of 20% and Bunkers get an ability to spawn in a squad of conscripts.

The Tyranids got a lot of lover in this. I added a changed a few upgrade at the upgrade position. When you get the Rippers upgrade (need to change some names later) you get two globals, one to spawn in a group of rippers and the other to spawn a group of spore mines. I replaced the Spawn Hormagaunts upgrade to Mycetic Spores global What that does it it drops in 3 Land based Mycetic Spores that after 8 seconds can spawn either hormagaunts or termagants. The Spores can be destroyed. I also replaced the Spawn Termagants upgrade to Disruptive tactics upgrade. With disruptive tactics Raveners can drop down mine and gain increased hp regen when burrowed. They also a small damage resistance buff when they are not being affected by synapse. I replaced the Spawn Lictor upgrade with Assassination and Ambush Tactics. This still gives the Spawn Lictors global as before but now it make flesh hook do increased damage to commanders and when a lictor stands still for longer than 10 seconds they get a large sight increase. Also with the upgrade genestealers retain their infiltration if they were infiltrated by standing still.

There was a fair amount of balances changes like nids being terrible in AVP mode but pretty godly in the normal VP mode. Fixed some upkeep and population stuff, and pathing issues. All an all the mode runs really smoothly.

I also added a 4v4 map. Its far from done but most of the layout of finished. The map introduces negative cover that is signified by water (looking back to dow1) and there are a lot more destroyable bridges to block off enemy routes and it vaguely introduce angle switching. Meaning that part of the map you can see with just your normal bird eyes view so you have to either zoom in to see your forces or change the camera angle. To play the 4v4 map you have to go toe a 3v3 map open obs slots and have the filled up and then move to the 4v4 map.

Either way I hope you enjoy the game and btw 4v4 is hellish on pcs. Any questions or bugs hit me up guys.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B88n7 ... lJnUmtxX1E
dumbadam
Level 0

Postby dumbadam » Fri 15 Mar, 2019 2:36 pm

is it possible to shrink IG to man size? or eldar size... currently they are as tall as SM, which doesn't make sense...

Return to “Modding”