Mod not working

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
hakureishriner
Level 0

Mod not working

Postby hakureishriner » Thu 22 Nov, 2018 6:18 am

Every time I install the mod, it doesn't work. Like, I install the mod, and it just goes to vanilla DOW2 instead of elite.
Atlas

Re: Mod not working

Postby Atlas » Thu 22 Nov, 2018 5:37 pm

I'll need more information. Can you download and install the mod? Is DoWII (the retail) installed in a non-default setting? Where is the Elite mod installed?
hakureishriner
Level 0

Postby hakureishriner » Thu 22 Nov, 2018 9:25 pm

I can download the mod and DoW2 is installed in the steam directory. The mod installed successfully and I can even see the files in the DoW2 folder. But, again, I can't see any difference in the actual game itself, it just boots to retail Dawn of War II: Retribution. Is it a problem with Steam?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 23 Nov, 2018 7:02 am

So, within steam -> steamapps -> common -> Dawn of War Retribution there is an Elite folder. You're clicking on the Elite shortcut but nothing is happening.

You can try making sure you're all up to date on the software to run the game by going into the "Install" folder and running the dxsetup and vcredist. But that should only help if you can't get DowII in general to run.

You can also manually enter a new pathway in steam. In Steam, under DoWII: Retribution, go into the game's properties -> set launch options. Add in the line "-modname Elite" and that should make Steam automatically run Elite mod as well.

Let me know if any of that solves your problem.

Return to “Technical Issues”