BT 7 on Saturday, August 15

Tournament discussion and registration.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: BT 7 on Saturday, August 15

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 4:08 pm

Why would they need to register on Binary Beast or do anything on there? °_O
Where did you even get that information from? Because Binary beast informations should be deleted to avoid this kind of confusion.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 6:54 pm

Alright, you'll all be updated in and brackets will be put up later today.
Dogman
Level 0

Postby Dogman » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 8:42 pm

I would like to change my warboss to a sorc if possible. Thanks!
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 12:39 am

Dogman wrote:I would like to change my warboss to a sorc if possible. Thanks!

Done.
BioTaq
Level 1

Postby BioTaq » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 2:23 am

So just to make sure I got the timing down. 18:00 GMT would translate to roughly around 1PM for my area in Missouri, correct? Also how will it all work in terms of organization? Do we wait for our bracket and we get an invite or do we wait in some sort of lobby?
BioTaq
Level 1

Postby BioTaq » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 2:24 am

Fallowfield wrote:
BioTaq wrote:LG (Lictor General Castor)

Yes mate! That's what we (I) like to see :)

MOAR LICTORS!!!

I wouldn't mind having a few sparring sessions mate. Give me an add if you like: Fallowfield.

Edit: Attempting to fix my quotation

If you have time tomorrow, I wanted to practice a little warp spider play since I haven't gotten a chance to work on him.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 3:05 am

BioTaq wrote:So just to make sure I got the timing down. 18:00 GMT would translate to roughly around 1PM for my area in Missouri, correct? Also how will it all work in terms of organization? Do we wait for our bracket and we get an invite or do we wait in some sort of lobby?

You would be correct on the first part. It would be 12:00 p.m. for me in Florida (ET USA). However, anticipate some delays for the tournament start as it usually takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes to get people all organized and ready to go. Typically, tournaments tend to last about 3-4 hours as a whole affair.

In terms of actual organization, every participant should be in the MRT Steam Group Chat at the time of the tournament. I read that channel the most and fastest and it's a good way to relay information to people.

The bracket will usually tell you who you are playing but brackets often get collapsed as it adjusts to reserves and no-shows. If you're confused, always ask any of the tournament officers (should be Noobus and I on this one) and we'll sort you out.

Either you or your opponent will set up a lobby and once you both are in and have done map and hero picks you're free to start. You have the option to have streamers cover your game, but that is entirely optional. However, we do ask you to save your replays whether you win or lose so that we have no disputes regarding match results. They also make good material for casts!

Sorry, but I'm running behind on my updating today. I'll get them up asap, probably early tomorrow.
kawerte
Level 0

Postby kawerte » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 10:32 am

I won't be able to play. Sorry.
Atlas

BT Cheat Sheet

Postby Atlas » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 6:59 pm

Alright, I've just finished doing the final updates until the start of the tournament. Some things of note:

1)CHECK THE ORIGINAL POST. On the top you'll see a COUNTDOWN TIMER till the start of the tournament. It should automatically adjust to your timezone but just in case, the tournament will start:

At 12:00 p.m Eastern Time in the USA.

Here is a map in case you are still confused.
Find your timezone and adjust the time for it. Let's say you are in the UK. EST is in -5 and the UK is in 0 , so tournament start will be 5 hours ahead and it would start at 5:00 p.m. for you.

2)Make sure you're in the MRT Steam Group Chat at the tournament start. Here is the MRT Steam Group link. Just join the group, and hit "Enter Chat Room" and you're good to go. The faster you can do this, the faster we can get you set up and playing your opponent.

3)If at any point you do have any questions whatsoever, please let me know. Either drop the question here in this thread, or contact me on Steam. I will note that when the tournament starts, I will not be checking the forums anymore so Steam is the way to go if you need my attention.

4) During the tournament, always keep a copy of the brackets open off to the side somewhere.I can't stress how helpful this will be for you. Not only will you see who you're supposed to be playing against, but the bracket is also used to help determine the map and hero picks. Do a quick refresh on the rules if you're still unclear on how map and hero picks work or just consult the tournament organizers.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 7:23 pm

As side notes,

--Dakrim and AnotherFool, both of your profiles are set to private, so I either need friend requests accepted or I'll deal with you as I see fit.

--After some talking, we've decided that Wrex and Moose are both ineligible for this tournament. I was considering the grandfather-in ability, but you're both way over the 500 hour limit and the grandfather rule was more about getting those border cases into the tournaments.

--The final list of streamers will be announced via Steam at tournament time. I have already had BbBos and Noobus confirm they are doing some form of streaming, but some others have expressed interest.
DeadlyBob
Level 0

Postby DeadlyBob » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 1:28 am

Due to circumstances outside my control, something has come up that will limit my participation in the tournament to only two hours. Would it be preferable to have me drop rather than participate?
Fallowfield
Level 1

Postby Fallowfield » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 1:50 am

Google has just told me that 12pm EST is 2am AEST.

Can someone tell me I'm being a dumbass please and correct the error in my ways, thank you! o.0 If not oh well, least it's not on a Sunday!

This is gonna be fun :) Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Edit: made this post a bit more understandable.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 3:05 am

Fallowfield wrote:Google has just told me that 12pm EST is 2am AEST.

Can someone tell me I'm being a dumbass please and correct the error in my ways, thank you! o.0 If not oh well, least it's not on a Sunday!

This is gonna be fun :) Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Edit: made this post a bit more understandable.

Please find all the relevant information here: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ge ... sz=1&swk=1 :)
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 3:08 am

DeadlyBob wrote:Due to circumstances outside my control, something has come up that will limit my participation in the tournament to only two hours. Would it be preferable to have me drop rather than participate?

If that's the case, we're fine with you playing as long as you want and then dropping out. Choice is yours.
Gilkanese
Level 0

Postby Gilkanese » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 8:04 am

I'd like to swap out Brother-Captain for Warlock, please. Last second change of mind.
The_Corniflox
Level 1

Postby The_Corniflox » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 12:02 pm

I'd like to swap Apothecary for techmarine. I already requested it, but it seems that it didnt get changed.
twitch.tv/corni_flox

really really rusty right now :D
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 12:49 pm

Both changes done.

The_Corniflox wrote:I'd like to swap Apothecary for techmarine. I already requested it, but it seems that it didnt get changed.

With all the posting in this thread it is sometimes hard to keep track.
GeneticBubble
Level 1

Postby GeneticBubble » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 3:58 pm

Are you limited to using each commander once for the 3 possible matches or can if you feel use the same commander over and over?
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 4:11 pm

You can use him as often as you want. No limits.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 4:28 pm

Gilkanese wrote:I'd like to swap out Brother-Captain for Warlock, please. Last second change of mind.
Done.
The_Corniflox wrote:I'd like to swap Apothecary for techmarine. I already requested it, but it seems that it didnt get changed.
It's listed as TM on my list, so I suppose you mean the main site hero picks section. I'll look into it.
Lews Therin
Level 0

Postby Lews Therin » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 12:01 am

Thanks for the work you guys put in! Enjoyed this loads! I hope you will set another up soon :)
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 12:35 am

On a regular basis if all goes well ^^
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 12:38 am

Video is processing but here is the video from the stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPJrLmr ... e=youtu.be

There are time stamps in description for links to games, I've made it spoiler free (tried too).
egewithin
Level 5

Re: BT Cheat Sheet

Postby egewithin » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 7:03 am

Atlas wrote:Here is a map in case you are still confused.

That was pretty much all I need before I ever enter any tournoment.
Atlas

Re: BT Cheat Sheet

Postby Atlas » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 7:00 pm

firatwithin wrote:
Atlas wrote:Here is a map in case you are still confused.

That was pretty much all I need before I ever enter any tournoment.

I will take this as a complement.

This tournament turned out super well! I'll be getting with the Champion and Runner Up about their prizes shortly. I've also received a couple of suggestions that we'll talk about in regards to future BTs.

Some of these includes having less timezone-friendly players be able to play some games ahead of time as well as possibly making BTs a double elimination style tournament (as in a loser's bracket). I haven't particularly liked the last style due to how long the tournament could run, but this last tournament ran for a very lengthy 5 hours so we'll revisit it.

Return to “Tournaments”