Further Zoom Out

Merlinsfan
Level 0

Further Zoom Out

Postby Merlinsfan » Mon 30 Sep, 2019 12:53 am

Hello! I have attempted to search the archives for data about a better skull that can fly higher above the battlefield but.... I just cant find anyway to do this.

Seriously tho, I see a bunch of mentions about a zoom mod for DOW1 but I cant find anything for DOW2.... Any helpful advice out there?
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: Further Zoom Out

Postby Impregnable » Mon 30 Sep, 2019 6:44 am

Official Discord is your friend!
https://discord.gg/mfzX5tH
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Mon 30 Sep, 2019 5:48 pm

From what I remember, maps have built into them a sort of net over the top that constrains the movement and zoom for the camera. For a mod of these, someone might have to go into each map and change that.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 01 Oct, 2019 4:28 am

There is a way of doing it, though I can't remember exactly how right now. But I would not want to look into it and share it on the forum as this way of doing it still left your game compatible to multiplayer giving you a gigantic advantage.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 01 Oct, 2019 5:46 pm

There is a mod that Indrid used, I believe Myrdal used it, so if you could ask either of them they might be able to help.

A zoom mod would not be compatible with multiplayer because of having to use -dev to make it work, making your game effectively a different version to the one people are playing. I also doubt it would massively affect balance if it did somehow work with other players because all maps in the game have distance fog that varies from map to map, meaning on some of them you would only need to zoom out a little before not being able to see anything, and on the ones you could see, objects will start to despawn and you can't get any advantage if you can't see what you're fighting.

Wise Windu wrote:From what I remember, maps have built into them a sort of net over the top that constrains the movement and zoom for the camera. For a mod of these, someone might have to go into each map and change that.

Not quite, its more like a net that the camera sits on top of, so if you raised it it would just make the camera float higher above the map by default, not letting you zoom in and keeping you awkwardly zoomed out all the time.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 01 Oct, 2019 6:08 pm

Ah, okay, so more like a floor than a ceiling.

Return to “General Discussion”