RIP Maestro (no, he's not actually dead)

Generic non-balance topics.
Toilailee
Champion

RIP Maestro (no, he's not actually dead)

Postby Toilailee » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 12:40 pm

You will be missed. :cry:
Last edited by Toilailee on Tue 08 Sep, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Codex

Re: RIP Maestro

Postby Codex » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 12:59 pm

sadface
Righteousness does not make right
Dalakh
Level 2

Postby Dalakh » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 1:25 pm

Motherfucker ! I thought he was actually dead for a second.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 2:45 pm

Will be missing :cry:
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 3:38 pm

That is a very misleading title. Good thing I knew everything before I saw this. But for some people such a title might seem quite disturbing.

Can anyone tell me what's happened to Harlequin? He said he would be back in some weeks. It's been years... He doesn't seem like a guy who would just leave everyone in the dark. Is he really dead? Because otherwise I just won't understand why he abandoned us like that.
Codex

Postby Codex » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 4:00 pm

I suppose it's misleading, but at the same time I find it doubtful that we'd get a thread made for rip because someone passed. Hell I know a lot of people on these forums and even met some face to face but if I were to die I have no idea how that news would get on the forums.

Apologies for the morbidity.
Righteousness does not make right
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 4:28 pm

Can somebody start making sense? What happened to Maestro! I'm guessing he quit casting? 6 posts in and the only news is that news has happened ;)
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 4:59 pm

Cyris wrote:Can somebody start making sense? What happened to Maestro! I'm guessing he quit casting? 6 posts in and the only news is that news has happened ;)

On his last cast, he left a comment saying that he was done with casting DoW2 for the forseeable future. He left the door open to come back, but he admitted that it was very unlikely it would happen.
ChrisNihilus
Level 3

Postby ChrisNihilus » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 5:00 pm

There was this in his last video.

As I'm sure all of you have noticed, it has been a little while since my last cast. This cast was actually uploaded a month and a half ago, but I never made a thumbnail and didn't release it until now. I'm sorry to announce that I will be discontinuing my casting of Dawn of War II: Retribution. I thought I would do you all the courtesy of letting you know instead of just disappearing. While it is possible that I may return, I will not make any promises, and it certainly won't be in the near future. I want to thank all of you for your support of my channel over the past three years. Life is now taking me in different directions. It is the will of Tzeentch; his plans are always changing.
"This quiet... offends... SLAANESH!"
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 5:03 pm

Please be careful what you are writing people. We all care about each other here. I can sit and cry for Maestro for a long time and can push me to depression.

Also, thank you Chris.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 5:42 pm

Apologies for the misleading title, it didn't cross my mind that some people would interpret it literally.

Codex wrote:I suppose it's misleading, but at the same time I find it doubtful that we'd get a thread made for rip because someone passed. Hell I know a lot of people on these forums and even met some face to face but if I were to die I have no idea how that news would get on the forums.

Apologies for the morbidity.

Well not sure if I should say this but Naaium did pass for real and I think the community handled it pretty well by leaving obituaries in his steam profile.
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 6:50 pm

*Whispering* you can edit that
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 08 Sep, 2015 7:37 pm

I feel like he actually has died :cry:

But good luck, Maestro, wherever life takes you in future, whatever it throws at you, I hope you make the best of it. There are more things to life than DoW II casting and sometimes we can't do everything we want to do.

Instead of this drearily titled "RIP", we should be happy for the contribution that you made to this community and for letting us listen to your sexy tones.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Lichtbringer
Level 3

Re: RIP Maestro (no, he's not actually dead)

Postby Lichtbringer » Wed 09 Sep, 2015 12:22 am

Yeah, thanks for the great casts, it got many people into a great game! Its a good Idea to not cast or play when you don't feel like it. Just make videos whenever you feel like it, and be it in ten years or never, do whats best for you!
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Wed 09 Sep, 2015 2:59 am

Naaium is dead?
enasni127
Level 2

Postby enasni127 » Wed 09 Sep, 2015 7:45 am

Sub_Zero wrote:Can anyone tell me what's happened to Harlequin? He said he would be back in some weeks. It's been years... He doesn't seem like a guy who would just leave everyone in the dark. Is he really dead? Because otherwise I just won't understand why he abandoned us like that.

maybe it's the same as redrupee, who says "I'M BAAAACK" all couple of month, makes 1-2 casts and then disappears again for 8-10 months -.-
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Wed 09 Sep, 2015 9:59 am

Toilailee wrote:Well not sure if I should say this but Naaium did pass for real and I think the community handled it pretty well by leaving obituaries in his steam profile.

Wait, what?
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Wed 09 Sep, 2015 1:56 pm

Tex wrote:Naaium is dead?

Gorb wrote:
Toilailee wrote:Well not sure if I should say this but Naaium did pass for real and I think the community handled it pretty well by leaving obituaries in his steam profile.

Wait, what?

Unfortunately yes. I would've linked his profile but apparently it has been deleted.
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Wed 09 Sep, 2015 2:39 pm

maybe it's the same as redrupee, who says "I'M BAAAACK" all couple of month, makes 1-2 casts and then disappears again for 8-10 months -.-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-75att2AuQ
Has Rupee ever done something? And this guy basically assured us all that he would let us know anything that happens to him. And still he hasn't.
ytimk
Level 2

Postby ytimk » Thu 10 Sep, 2015 3:29 am

Thank you Maestro :).

I recommend his back catalogue for all newbies - good matches and commentary.
Ring ring. Call Da Boyz!
Theory.
I have never played vs a human......
b-b-b-but I watch 100s of casts.
Dullahan
Level 2

Postby Dullahan » Wed 16 Sep, 2015 7:06 am

Sub_Zero wrote:That is a very misleading title. Good thing I knew everything before I saw this. But for some people such a title might seem quite disturbing.

Can anyone tell me what's happened to Harlequin? He said he would be back in some weeks. It's been years... He doesn't seem like a guy who would just leave everyone in the dark. Is he really dead? Because otherwise I just won't understand why he abandoned us like that.

He got a real job in China instead of trying to make money on youtube and has reportedly been rude to anyone who asks him if he's going to cast again if they managed to find him on twitter.

He was an okay caster, but he was only in it for the youtube bucks and was a complete ass. He bailed on one of Gamereplay's big tournaments in the middle of it because there wasn't enough viewers and he had to co-cast with 5*General.
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Wed 16 Sep, 2015 7:12 am

Thanks for the info. That is quite sad. Yet another caster I disappointed in...

P. S. A questionable decision to extract profit from casting DOW 2 games, the game is half-dead -> not a whole lot of viewers = very little money
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 16 Sep, 2015 9:04 am

Yeah I heard Harlequin was quite the narcissist in that he only casted to big himself up and all. I never much thought his casts were quality but they weren't bad.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Wed 16 Sep, 2015 1:37 pm

I was skyping quite abit with Harlequin back in the days, alongside with other competetive players, and we all had a blast playing together.

Harlequin had a different vision on how to get tournaments rolling up with the rest of the community back at GR.org, and they parted ways thereafter.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Wed 16 Sep, 2015 11:58 pm

I'd imagine if I were tracked down after politely quitting a community and casting position and moving to a different country I'd be a bit rude too.

Learn to let go. He's moved on, there's no need to pursue or slander him.
Dullahan
Level 2

Postby Dullahan » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 1:14 am

Gorb wrote:I'd imagine if I were tracked down after politely quitting a community and casting position and moving to a different country I'd be a bit rude too.

Learn to let go. He's moved on, there's no need to pursue or slander him.

He didn't politely quit, he made a video saying "I'll be back soon!" and never came back and abandoned his twitter/youtube account. It's no surprise that people wondered where he went. It has been four years without a word from him and while you'd think people would stop caring, there's still a fair amount of people leaving comments on his videos about it.

I'm just stating facts. I'm not staff on GR anymore but he had a nice melodramatic post about it in the staff room when he bailed mid-tournament. (he literally just disconnected from the game/skype in the middle of a game.) He didn't like casting with 5* because he doesn't play well with others and couldn't be the center of attention and he kept harping on about how the viewership "wasn't worth his time". He was purely casting for personal attention/money and it showed in his actions. He only even started casting DoW2 because Relic approached him to do some pre-release coverage of Retribution.

I'm not saying he was a terrible guy, but his behaviour was immature to say the least. It really soured me on him when it happened.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Thu 17 Sep, 2015 11:58 am

I definitely recall a leaving statement, though I'm not sure where that was posted.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:21 pm

Well this is a sad topic. :/ So long Maestro. :'(
#noobcodex
Paradise Lost
Level 2

Postby Paradise Lost » Tue 22 Sep, 2015 6:25 pm

All hail Indrid, the last and greatest DoW caster and Herald of Nurgle.
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 22 Sep, 2015 11:28 pm

Paradise Lost wrote:All hail Indrid, the last and greatest DoW caster and Herald of Nurgle.

If Indrid leaves the game is effectively dead. The Golden Throne requires you sit upon it, Indrid, our beacon of light in the empyrean.

Return to “Community General Discussion”