Generic non-balance topics.
Orkfaeller
Contributor

High Inquisitor - a Grey Knight Commander concept

Postby Orkfaeller » Thu 05 Dec, 2013 12:19 pm

=][= HIGH INQUISITOR =][=

New* Grey Knight Commander: The High Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
*not actually a new Grey Knight Commander - dont believe anything below

Where the Brother Captain usually forms the spear head of a mighty, Grey Knight melee force, I tried to make the High Inquisitor to synergize a bit better with Inquisitorial Storm Troopers and indirectly with it, vehicles.

LITANEY OF HATRED! - default abilty wrote:
– Litaney of Hatred! -
Snares an enemy unit and increasing the damage it recieves temporarly.

WEAPONS wrote:
POWER WEAPON AND PLASMA PISTOL - DEFAULT wrote:Image

The High Inquisitor starts out with a power sword and a plasma pistol.

STORM SHIELD - T1 wrote:Image

Replaces the High Inquisitor's plasma pistol with a storm shield and adds a bonus to his HP.
Grants the Standfest ability

- Standfest -
Take up a defensive stance, reducing received ranged damage and granting suppression immunity to the High Inquisitor and allied infantry in a radius. Affected units have their speed reduced. Drains energy every second.

CONCECRATED STORM BOLTER - T1 wrote:Image

Replaces the plasma pistol with a wrist mounted storm bolter.
Effective against infantry, has full accuracy on the move.
Grants the Unleash Hell ability.

- Unleash Hell -
The High Inquisitor breaks suppression and increases his own ranged damage and that of allied infantry in a radius. Drains Energy every second.

DAEMON HAMMER - T2 wrote:Image

Replaces the High Inquisitor's power sword and plasma pistol with the Daemon Hammer.
The Daemon Hammer deals high, single target melee damage.
Grants the Daemon Smasher ability.

- Demon Smasher -
Passive. Against Daemons the Daemon Hammer deals power_melee damage and drains energy with each hit.

ARMOURS wrote:
SACRED PLATE - T1 wrote:
Improves the High Inquisitor's Litaney of Hatred ablity.

- Litaney of Fury -
Stuns an enemy unit and further increases the damage it recieves.

CLOAK OF THE MARTYR - T2 wrote:
Increases the High Inquisitor's health and energy regeneration.
Grants the I shall lead you to victory or glorious martyrdom abilities.

- I shall lead you to victory... -
Target a Grey Knight unit.
There can only be one unit at a time under the influence of I shall lead you to victory...
Can't be casted on Grey Knight Terminators, Paladins, sub-commanders or the High Inquisitor himself.
Grants a bonus to movement speed, ability cooldown, health- and energy regeneration.
The bonus gets lost when the unit retreats.

- … or glorious martyrdom! -
Can only be casted on units that allready are under the influence of I shall lead you to victory... .
Increases the bonus to movement speed, ability cooldown, health- and energy regeneration even more and grants Stoicism*; but the affected unit loses its ability to retreat.

* thats the thing the Venerable Dreadnought has

SATURNYNE COAT – T3 wrote:
This High Inquisitor commands a black battle barge.
Increases the High Inquisitor's view range.
Grants the Precision Strike ability.

- Precision Strike -
Call in a single orbital laser strike at target position.

TERMINATOR ARMOUR - T3 wrote:
Equips the High Inquisitor with Terminator Armour, storm bolter and power weapon.
His Health is increased and he keeps access to previous weapon upgrades and accessories / retinues but he loses any gained experience and the ability to level.

ACCESSORIES / RETINUES wrote:
Accessories give the High Inquisitor access to a small retinue.
The High Inquisitor can only have one retinue option at a time.

PURGATORIAL ACOLYTES - T1 wrote:
Adds two Inquisitorial Storm Troopers carrying flamers, as the High Inquisitor's retinue.

CRUSADING ACOLYTES - T1 wrote:
Adds two Inquisitorial Storm Troopers carrying power weapons and plasma pistols, as the High Inquisitor's retinue.

STANDARD BEARER - T3 wrote:
Adds a Grey Knight carrying the Brotherhood Banner, as the High Inquisitor's retinue. The Broderhood Banner inspires allied infantry in a radius, increasing their damage. If the Standard Bearer gets killed allied infantry in a radius gets demoralised.
Grants Raise the Banner high ability.

- Raise the Banner high -
Increases the effect of the banner's damage bonus aura but leaves the High Inquisitor unable to move for the duration of the ability.
Drains energy every second.

GLOBAL ABILITIES wrote:
VALKYRIE STORM TROOPER REINFORCEMENTS - T2 wrote:

The High Inquisitor radios in a Valkyrie gunship to drop off an Inquisitorial Storm Trooper squad and reinforcing all allied Inquisitorial Storm Troopers in a radius to full strength.

VALKYRIE HELL HOUND DROP - T2 wrote:
A Valkyrie delievers a Hell Hound tank to the targeted location.

HELLHOUND wrote:Image

The Hell Hound fires long, narrow jets of flames, outranging most other flame thrower weapons but suffers from comparativly long fire pauses.
Hell Hounds have the Conflagration and Unstable Load ability.

- Conflagration -
The Hell Hound spins his turret and fires in 360 degrees, throwing burning Promethium over all enemies within short range.

- Unstable Load -
On death explosion the Hell Hound's Promethium catches fire, enveloping its wreck in flames dealing damage over time to all infantry in contact.

Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: High Inquisitor - a Grey Knight Commander concept

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 05 Dec, 2013 12:55 pm

Lul!, subtle :D (Edit: Some post got deleted so don't mind this part)

I would actually like for Gk's to have 2 more commanders. But the limitations of the game make it not possible unless they get added to the other races UI.
Last edited by Dark Riku on Fri 06 Dec, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xerrol nanoha
Level 2

Postby xerrol nanoha » Thu 05 Dec, 2013 7:11 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Lul!, subtle :D

I would actually like for Gk's to have 2 more commanders. But the limitations of the game make it not possible unless they get added to the other races UI.

A second grey knight commander could be added next to the imperial guard.
crazyman64335
Shoutcaster

Postby crazyman64335 » Thu 05 Dec, 2013 7:12 pm

xerrol-nanoha wrote:
Dark Riku wrote:Lul!, subtle :D

A second grey knight commander could be added next to the imperial guard.

that's where caeltos is putting tau.......................
Orkfaeller
Contributor

Postby Orkfaeller » Thu 05 Dec, 2013 7:36 pm

What does it matter what other faction an additional is added to?

Dont know about you, but as far as I care the Brother Captain could be a 4th Ork commander.

Unless there is stuff going on that I dont get right now, I dont really see what difference it would make. :l
Alexwellace
Level 1

Postby Alexwellace » Thu 05 Dec, 2013 7:50 pm

@ Tea Rex. I love all the thought you put into letting his idea down genteelly, while giving reasons and possible solutions as to why the idea won't work in your eyes, oh wait...

I like the idea, its obvious you have put a lot of thought into it but I am worried h might step on the toes of the other IG commanders (Psyker, stealing Hereticus's gig, a retinue like the LG and power weapons for the LC) so that even if heisleading a GK army, he I still remarkably similar. I think he could work, and adding extra commanders is always fun, but is he needed? If you can tell us different play styles that are opened up with the inquisitor, and preferably a weakness in the GK roster helps to fill, then try pursued people from that angle. Otherwise it looks a ''lets throw this new commander in because we have the model'' which isn't necessarily bad, but it isn't what elite is about.
crazyman64335
Shoutcaster

Postby crazyman64335 » Thu 05 Dec, 2013 8:34 pm

here's an idea, how about we balance Grey Knights as they are AND THEN add in a new commander :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o (what a concept i know)
HandSome SoddiNg
Level 3

Postby HandSome SoddiNg » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 1:25 pm

i would prefer a hybrid FC/Inquisitor type, not expecting a LG though. Gud suggestion
Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice 2016
Wonder Woman/Justice League 2017 Movies, WB/DC bring it ON !!
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 3:39 pm

If you're not going to post anything constructive, don't post at all.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 5:18 pm

Inquisitors are great additions because you've got so much scope as to what they can do/use/have.

Not too keen on the model though, I assume that is meant to be Ignatus power armour which is fair enough - but it still has the proportions and animations of a marine.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 5:20 pm

Now you're a devastator, brother!
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Commissar Vocaloid
Shoutcaster

Postby Commissar Vocaloid » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 5:36 pm

As much as I welcome additional factions/races, I hate the idea of them being pasted over other races that are not necessarily related simple because of UI limitations. I mean, as of this moment, GK as the 4th slot for SM does have some sense to it, but I hate always seeing the suggestion of placing a 2nd GK commander under the IG slot (not to point fingers in this thread's mention - it has been mentioned several times before). At the very least, I'd also sooner see a new faction put in rather than an expansion of an already existing one but on a separate races commander roster.
Twitch: commissar_vocaloid
Tex wrote:Torpid + Riku sittin in a tree, A-R-G-U-I-N-G, first comes opinion, then comes a bias, then comes a never ending loop of philosophical retorts in response to childish finger wagging.
Orkfaeller
Contributor

Postby Orkfaeller » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 6:34 pm

Alexwellace wrote:I think he could work, and adding extra commanders is always fun, but is he needed? If you can tell us different play styles that are opened up with the inquisitor, and preferably a weakness in the GK roster helps to fill, then try pursued people from that angle. Otherwise it looks a ''lets throw this new commander in because we have the model'' which isn't necessarily bad, but it isn't what elite is about.

I'm reeeally not a balance person. I dont consider myself good enough to talk about that on a serious level, but I really think the Grey Knight roster / meta is just... boring.

Briefly touched on that in the OP.
Right now a GK army is nothing but almost identical looking heavy infantry that transitions into allmost identical looking super heavy infantry.
Even / Especially the Grey Knight Librarian just gets swallowed in that tide of silver, clone metal.

Newcomer like the Vindicare Assassin ofcourse helped quite alot. He both looks and plays very different from the rest of the Grey Knight forces.

I just wished there was a playstyle that synergises with IST / or ranged builds in general more.
I really think they are awesome and powerful in T1 but the opinion of many seems to be that they just dont scale well enough into the later stages of the game.

Not having vehicles to work with, like other races do ( Wartrukk, Chimera ) or any other on-field reinforce options doesnt help.

Commissar_Badass wrote: I hate the idea of them being pasted over other races that are not necessarily related simple because of UI limitations. I mean, as of this moment, GK as the 4th slot for SM does have some sense to it, but I hate always seeing the suggestion of placing a 2nd GK commander under the IG slot

I remember Fulgrim saying there was a method to add additonal faction but it was alot more complicated, and I guess for now this may not be the optimal but far more convinient way to do it.

Indrid wrote:Not too keen on the model though, I assume that is meant to be Ignatus power armour which is fair enough - but it still has the proportions and animations of a marine.

I really searched far and low, and this is the thing that looks least space marine like.
Atleast it doesnt have those egg-shell space marine shoulder plates.

Guess its supposed to get close to something like this.

Other options would be this I guess, but looks even more Space Marine like,

or a rehash of the IG Inquisitor.
But she looks alot more like an Hereticus Inquisitor and is far more limited in her animation range.

Return to “Community General Discussion”