Generic non-balance topics.
Faultron
Level 3

Eldar sector

Postby Faultron » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 8:28 am

Eldars Unite!

Your favorite race is Eldar? your place is here
this is friendly peaceful topic for every eldar

u can discuss about everything or ask anything about eldar but not tabletop mainly dow2

also if you want do this to your signature for extra fun(from ingame)
favorite commander:
favorite weapon(not only commander):
favorite unit:
favorite passive or active ability/global:

if you are an eldar hater go to another sector :D
Last edited by Faultron on Fri 06 Dec, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farseer/Doombringer/Falcon/Mindwar IGN: Ypulse
ChrisNihilus
Level 3

Re: Eldar sector

Postby ChrisNihilus » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 10:19 am

I love Eldar.
They created my god, Slaanesh, and feed him/her with their souls.

What's not to love?
"This quiet... offends... SLAANESH!"
Faultron
Level 3

Postby Faultron » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 10:25 am

ChrisNihilus wrote:I love Eldar.
They created my god, Slaanesh, and feed him/her with their souls.

What's not to love?

well ppl forgot/dont know there is 3 major eldar ,race'

1.Carftworld eldar
2.Dark eldar
3.Exodites

Dark eldar did slaanesh, and in dow 2 we have only craftworld eldar

also to forum modders, pls delete all post about eldar hate, thx.(except this one above)
ChrisNihilus
Level 3

Postby ChrisNihilus » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 10:35 am

I know the Lore. ^^
There are the Harlequins too.

Jokes apart, i'm taking confidence with Chaos in Dow2, but i'd like to try Eldar someday.
Any tips for starting Eldar?
"This quiet... offends... SLAANESH!"
Tea Rex
Level 1

Postby Tea Rex » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 12:55 pm

Warlock
Merciless, nuff said
Fire dragons.
Webway gates, trolololo
David-CZ
Contributor

Postby David-CZ » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 6:04 pm

Faultron wrote:Dark eldar did slaanesh

It's not like that. Basically the the Eldar from before the Fall don't exist anymore. Yes, Dark Eldar are closest to them, but saying it's them who created Slaanesh would be wrong.

In 'Path of The Renegade' by Andy Chambers there was a chapter nicely describing the Eldar families each following a different god.

Exodites following Isha as a symbol of purity, craftworld Eldar following Asuryan as a symbol of discipline and Dark Kin following Khaine as a symbol of fury.
Faultron
Level 3

Postby Faultron » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 10:29 pm

David-CZ wrote:
Faultron wrote:Dark eldar did slaanesh

It's not like that. Basically the the Eldar from before the Fall don't exist anymore. Yes, Dark Eldar are closest to them, but saying it's them who created Slaanesh would be wrong.

In 'Path of The Renegade' by Andy Chambers there was a chapter nicely describing the Eldar families each following a different god.

Exodites following Isha as a symbol of purity, craftworld Eldar following Asuryan as a symbol of discipline and Dark Kin following Khaine as a symbol of fury.

as i know there was like ,1' eldar at begining and they started to go different paths/gods by time.
and if some eldar didnt like what other did they just went separate worlds as well not just paths. so by time there were created new factions:dark eldar, crafworld eldar etc.

so why is not correct when we say Evil eldars (dark eldar) created slasnesh?
the rest of the eldar did helped them? or just ignored the dark eldars motivation?
if u can give some link where i can read about this i could understood more maybe.
David-CZ
Contributor

Postby David-CZ » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 11:19 pm

I'd recommand the Eldar books on blacklibrary.com. I learnt a lot from those. But I also went through a lot of stuff on the Internet too. The warhammer40kwiki I think and other sites. But I can no longer remember.

IIRC Isha created Eldanesh who became the very first Eldar. He also had a brother Ulthanesh and his and Eldanesh's offsprings (as in Eldanesh with his wife and Ulthanesh with his) were the future Eldar. They all always believed in all their gods, each one representing a different aspect of their personalities. They were one 'nation' until the Fall.

The ones who were providential enough forsaw the future and fled before the Fall to start a new better life on far planets. They sought to prevent the the Fall from happening again by living a pure life. These are known as the Exodites. When they die their spirits are kept in the world itslef (something like in the Avatar movie).

The ones fortunate enough to escape the destruction of the birth of She Who Thirsts fled to Craftworlds. They chose discipline over purity and also keep all the benefits of their advanced technology unlike their Exodite kin. After they die their spirits are stored in the runes every Craftworld-born Eldar has and they are then transfered into the core of the Craftworld where together they form something like a spirit of the Craftworld.

The rest that survived the Fall hid in the former trade and trasfer centers of which the now most and practically only one significant is the Commorragh also know as the Dark City (both because of the dim light of its star and the ways of its inhabitants). The Dark, Kin as they are referred to by other Eldar, are the ones to look at if you want to know how the pre-Fall Eldar might have looked. They don't use runes so after death their spirits travel to the Warp. However they found a way how to bring dead back to life through a process mastered by the Hemonculi (I suggest you look this up as it's quite interesting).

So the birth of Slaanesh was caused by all the Eldar. The fact that there are now three major groups is caused by a different reaction on the Fall of each group.
Alexwellace
Level 1

Postby Alexwellace » Fri 06 Dec, 2013 11:25 pm

''so by time there were created new factions:dark eldar, crafworld eldar etc.
so why is not correct when we say Evil eldars (dark eldar) created slaasnesh?''

Because this is wrong, that's why. What where the craftworld elder running from? Not just the sadism of their cousins, but also because they could 'feel' Slaanesh was on her way. When the elder split, Slaanesh was already created, she just hadn't woken yet. Also the DE didn't exist back then, the DE technically only started when Vect took over, being the first to use the term Dark Eldar. A hugely annoying misunderstanding between the WH40k fanbase is that DE are NOT chaos, they hate chaos more/as much as anything else, far more then craftworld elder do, it's why they don't allow psykers. Good things to read are Path of the Outcast by Grav Thrope (Only good book in the series mind you) which gives a great understanding of how the different elder factions interact as well as Andy Chamber's Dark Eldar Path series, amazing books all round.

Alex
David-CZ
Contributor

Postby David-CZ » Sat 07 Dec, 2013 12:14 am

@Alexwellace:
I agree about the books. These two were more enjoyable than the Warrior and Seer parts. Though I have to say I really loved the part were Thirianna was forced to relive the death of her mother.

Btw have you read the Path of The Incubus? If so, is a sequel to the Renegade?
DarkGod
Level 1

Postby DarkGod » Sat 07 Dec, 2013 12:19 pm

David-CZ wrote:Btw have you read the Path of The Incubus? If so, is a sequel to the Renegade?

I have read Path of the Incubus, but I had not read the previous one. I loved it, as you get to see into the heart of the Incubi, and slightly into Dark Eldar society. The ending is a preparation for the sequel, so the book doesn't satisfy you storywise. The book is an excellent book however, and there is a great bit where Commoragh unites to kill Death Guard or some other chaos marines of nurgle. Oh, and no Dark Eldar book would be complete without a million betrayals, so yeah. I recommend you read it :D
David-CZ
Contributor

Postby David-CZ » Sat 07 Dec, 2013 7:05 pm

I'll see what I'll find under the Christmas tree :)
Faultron
Level 3

Postby Faultron » Sat 14 Dec, 2013 5:46 pm

ChrisNihilus wrote:I know the Lore. ^^

Jokes apart, i'm taking confidence with Chaos in Dow2, but i'd like to try Eldar someday.

-begin first with the Warlock or WSE commander
-in T1 vs races who has strong early game and genbash potential dont built up generators, make 2 separate nodes instead, eldar is very power hungry, and u have to upgrade your units every game otherwise they are useless, always be ready to protect your power income.
-In T1 focus your map control on VP and REQ points not gen-bashing( you can genbash in T2 with your stronger units or webway)
-your best capping units are , dire avenger, banshee(if u use them try harass gens and soloing units play around with webwaygate), or WSE
-in combat stay as long you can, dont retreat when you loose 1-2 model.avoid squad wipes it will hurt u a lot:)

also feel free to add me on steam for some 1v1
Faultron
Level 3

Postby Faultron » Wed 18 Dec, 2013 5:57 pm

how SC KB works i mean what type unit he can and what he cannot?
Ludovsky
Level 0

Postby Ludovsky » Wed 18 Dec, 2013 6:47 pm

ChrisNihilus wrote:I know the Lore. ^^

It's kind of funy to see the mention of the Harlequins. I discovered there's an Harlequin mod now being worked on for DoW2 after I discovered this mod(Elite).

And seeing what the guys did with the Grey Knights here, my first thought is sadly just being left wondering what they would be able to achieve if they attempted a jab at the Harlequins as well.

And be left longing in the hopes they actually do someday <.<; >.>;
xerrol nanoha
Level 2

Postby xerrol nanoha » Thu 19 Dec, 2013 1:40 am

Harlequin's had the coolest animations and sync kills in dark crusade, the only thing holding them back there was awful hotkey placement because no gridkeys :geek:
Faultron
Level 3

Postby Faultron » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 10:39 am

do u have some fan videos that u made your own?
mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut5p7BpgUVo

(it is from retail)

Return to “Community General Discussion”