Installing the game

Generic non-balance topics.
Hellzer
Level 0

Installing the game

Postby Hellzer » Sun 17 Feb, 2019 4:46 am

Hello, it has been long time that I know about this mod but every time I get back to it, I have always look into the forum to know how to install the mod. Today I installed the mod, then open the game and nothing changes. I was still on normal version of dw2 retribution. because of my experience on installing the mod I knew i had to write something in the set launch option but I did not know what. So I spend like 15 min looking on the forum for the "-modname Elite".

My point is if we want to have more players playing the mod, we should create the installation instruction page somewhere on the website.
I'm not complaining at all but I'm trying to think about stuff that could help the community to grow :)
Atlas

Re: Installing the game

Postby Atlas » Sun 17 Feb, 2019 4:47 am

So you got it installed and working right?

KK, will note that maybe we can make things more non-local friendly. I'm just going to have to put it on the back-burner right now as I'm currently working on some other projects! Maybe others can chip in.

Welcome aboard!
Hellzer
Level 0

Postby Hellzer » Sun 17 Feb, 2019 5:34 am

Yes I got it installed!! and I'm not new because some years I just dont have time to play so I forgot how to do installation when it's time to play again.

But ya it would be a good idea, thanks for the reply!

May the emperor protect you!
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sun 17 Feb, 2019 6:31 am

Hellzer wrote:Yes I got it installed!! and I'm not new because some years I just dont have time to play so I forgot how to do installation when it's time to play again.

But ya it would be a good idea, thanks for the reply!

May the emperor protect you!

Join this discord https://discord.gg/HqdawGs and contact a guy named Rambo. He will provide a good environment for practice.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Hellzer
Level 0

Postby Hellzer » Sun 17 Feb, 2019 3:49 pm

I will!
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 18 Feb, 2019 4:28 am

Bah, on self-reflection I guess I can put in a quick discussion on the new patch stuff for people in case they are confused about installing.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 22 Feb, 2019 1:58 pm

You shouldn't have to mess with your launch options.
Just use the new shortcut the installer creates.
I find the process already super easy. Run installer. Click the new icon to play.

I've had mods for other games which are way more complex. I'd say this is as easy as it can get?
JamesMa
Level 0

Installing the game

Postby JamesMa » Fri 28 Jun, 2019 3:26 pm

I had installed the Titan Simulator 5.0 on my laptop and was playing around with the software. All of a sudden it crashed and would not re-load - even after multiple restarts of the laptop.
So I un-installed software and tried re-installing it. Now the problem is that it says that the USBExpert, CITP Active fixtures and the Simulator are already installed and up-to-date and so are not installed. Because of this the software does not run any more
Any suggestions for a clean un-install of the software?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 28 Jun, 2019 7:31 pm

I would try going somewhere that knows more about Titan Simulator then. If you're talking about the Elite Mod though, lemme know.

Return to “Community General Discussion”