I really want to like this game more than I do right now.

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Re: I really want to like this game more than I do right now.

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 8:19 pm

I'd really like to know from what point-of-view you are making these factual statements. What faction were you playing as? The PC may be a defensive power house but only (!!!) if you turn him into one. Concerning the grenade: if you let him run up to you to nade you, you are not doing it right. The PC is very slow and fragile if out of cover and worship range so it should be easy to pressure him off the field. If he is really persistent and really wants to throw the grenade, kite away. It as easy as that. The casting range for it is 20, so that is well within firing range. If you see the grenade icon on him and his energy bar (the purple one beneath the hp bar) drop a bit -> INCOMING!

The noxious cloud costs 200 (!!!) red. If you pay attention you can even evade it without having to retreat. Spending 200 red on the cloud also means he might not have a Touch of Nurgle anytime soon and Terminators are going to be delayed be quite a bit.

Heretics are not broken, as you are trying to make them look like. Just get a melee counter (shotguns, suppression, etc.) to deal with them. Also: KITING. Shoot them up, back up, shoot them, back up, force them off. It all comes down to proper micro and positioning. I have played this game a little longer than you have and still get screwed by melee rushes from time to time because of bad positioning. You always need to factor in the enemies' army roster when considering what unit/wargear to get. Heretics? Shotguns! 2 Heretics? 2 Shotguns + Devs (maybe) or Bionics.

Wraithguard are definitely counterable. Tying them up in melee and shooting at them with anti-HI weaponry will most definitely persuade them to leave. It depends on how you go about it. You most certainly should not blob up and try to win ranged fights against them. 3 Plasma GM will still suffer at the hands of those Wraithcannons, despite being anti-HI.

Your questions could be answered if you just gave us a little more input on what MU we are talking about here. Until then, try not to insult players who obviously have more experience than you, it gets you nowhere.
Andy Garcia
Level 1

Postby Andy Garcia » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 9:41 pm

I find it funny he is complaining about chaos of all races, and then of PC of all things... :lol: :lol: anyway, as a chaos player thats rusty and still learning a lot I can tell you this, Plague Champion encourages static play a lot even though the game is fairly dynamic, so he really is one dimensional and thus you gotta work through his weaker angles.

What do I mean with this? go for other areas of the map, if he tries to go out there to get you HE WILL BE on a disadvantage, and vs lesser players, just keeping a bit of pressure on him to make him feel he is actually gaining something through being static is a way to steal the rest of the map
Superhooper01
Level 3

Postby Superhooper01 » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:02 am

Not touching this 1 hf without me guys
There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."
Swift

Postby Swift » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 11:21 am

Superhooper01 wrote:Not touching this 1 hf without me guys

Then there's not much reason to comment is there? As Codex stated, do not comment unless you have something constructive to leave, piling on the posts of "WTH is diz" won't help.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Codex

Postby Codex » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 5:51 pm

I'm only going to say this explicitly once: if you haven't got anything of value and on topic to add to this thread, don't post.

This still is a balance forum, and people should feel that they're able to post their own opinions without getting harried or harassed, even if those opinions are contrary to conventional "knowledge" or opinions. I would even hazard a guess that Snarfindorf has been dissuaded from posting on this thread again.
Righteousness does not make right
Bahamut
Level 4

Postby Bahamut » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 3:43 am

Actually i agree with you Codex, if played correctly there's barely anything you can do against an eldar team that's playing to its fullest mobility. Sadly there's only a couple of players that can and do play eldar like that. But same as chaos it depends on the map, the bigger the map the better a mobile eldar will do, the smaller the map, the stronger the chaos player gets. I still stand by my point, chaos is OP in team games, depending on the map.

And i'm not talking about the same old noxious cloud and boohoo.. i'm taking about 50% snare plague marines, khorne havocs, plague sword ignoring melee resistance, LRP lascannons splash and all the free soft AV stuff chaos gets in t2 because "they get an animation while upgrading so chaos AV sucks"
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 6:54 pm

To be honest, with that argument all races are OP in team games, except maybe Eldar.

If Chaos is so OP in team games, why they had no won a Faction Battle in Indrids channel? (IIRC)

I'm not saying that Chaos isn't strong in team games. They are. But I have the feeling that you are underestimating the buffs that other races can give to their team mates and the wombo combos that could result and Chaos can't do.

Hide da boyz with LC Terminators? A backline with a well bunkered LG with Apo or FC Stormshield or banner support? Farseer buffs with any high DPS race?
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 2:03 am

Because Faction Wars are for the lulz. I think that this has been established like some time ago.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 6:44 pm

As no meaningful/valuable input can be expected from this point forward, could we maybe lock this thread? It would also seem like Snarfindorf will not likely return to this thread.
Codex

Postby Codex » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 7:08 pm

Fair enough. If someone wants this unlocked I suppose they could PM a moderator.
Righteousness does not make right

Return to “Balance Discussion”