Noise marines

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
CSM Emperor
Level 2

Noise marines

Postby CSM Emperor » Mon 19 Oct, 2015 1:33 pm

Noise marines should change !They should get aspiring champion upgrade on t2 that gives them cacophony ability which would faction as it already does and also the squad will be able to shoot while using this ability. So noise marines have 2 upgrades, the aspiring that gives them that abilty and the master blaster. If someone purchased both, he should be able to use cacophony while having the masterblaster upgrade. If the aspiring leader dies then the ability gets disabled and to use again he must rebuy the upgrade.
Last edited by CSM Emperor on Mon 19 Oct, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
welshy
Level 2

Re: Noise marines

Postby welshy » Mon 19 Oct, 2015 1:39 pm

I like this as I feel the tier 2 upgrade is a bit weak, due to it disrupting allied units as it moves through the air.

I don't however have a problem with noise marines in tier 1.
CSM Emperor
Level 2

Postby CSM Emperor » Mon 19 Oct, 2015 2:12 pm

welshy wrote:I like this as I feel the tier 2 upgrade is a bit weak, due to it disrupting allied units as it moves through the air.

I don't however have a problem with noise marines in tier 1.

The noise marines are a bit OP as they are, their cost should be decreased also since they wont have the cacophony ability by default lets say 300/20.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Mon 19 Oct, 2015 2:16 pm

Blastmaster is not weak, it's by far the best T2 artillery unit with good range, damage and projectile speed. Only autocannon is just as useful, and it cannot ground-fire in the FoW. The friendly knockback is what prevents it from being utterly good.

Another suggestion that comes out of nowhere really. Why don't you try codex edition if you're so into fluff?
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 23 Oct, 2015 1:47 pm

I partly agree with Asmon. The Blastmaster is a great artillery unit, come T2. It depends on who you are playing against though. If you are playing vs IG or Nids, sure get it. I say partly because I do not think it is the best artillery unit. That would be the Plasma-Devastator imho: more range, more damage.

Now answering the original post: It would be horrible to see Blastmasters with the Cacophony ability. It would be even more crazy if they could fire AND use the ability at the same time. It would make them basically unkillable. You can not win in range because they deal way more damage than you can. You can now also not approach them any longer because they can use Cacophony. This is still not the last stage of crazy: Cacophony has range 15 which is higher than their minimum firing range (once upgraded to the Blastmaster). Worst case scenario: You want to tie them up in melee combat with your melee squad, they get knocked back, eat a shot to the face and die.

Jump troops and units that can deal long-range knockback would be the ONLY solution. Maybe infiltrated units. I say maybe, because let us not forget that every unit has a keen sight radius of 5. Pop Cacophony and be done with it.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Fri 23 Oct, 2015 3:33 pm

Totally unnecessary
Bahamut
Level 4

Postby Bahamut » Sat 24 Oct, 2015 2:32 pm

i think the plague sword should have a damage over time effect on hit of 20% hp damage per second. It's very unbalanced that the plague champion can't solo avatars

I also would suggest that the chaos sorc could consume enemy models, not just allied heretics... If you can consume a heretic why can't you consume a terminator model? makes sense right?

And noise marines should disable voice alerts from enemies they hit too!
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Sat 24 Oct, 2015 6:00 pm

Reason why Blastmaster is good artillery is because it is an upgrade to an existing unit. 75 req in your flamer unit turns into long range arty is a good trade. Since you transition from flamer unit that is generally not very desirable anymore in T2 (in 1v1 they can be useful in their vanilla state through entire game on some occasions)

I don't see a reason to further buff NM or add versatility to them.
#noobcodex
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Sat 24 Oct, 2015 7:50 pm

Bahamut wrote:I also would suggest that the chaos sorc could consume enemy models, not just allied heretics... If you can consume a heretic why can't you consume a terminator model? makes sense right?

I often consume Terminators models. The thing is my allies don't approve it.

Return to “Balance Discussion”