TM Missile Turret OP?

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Zeno
Level 1

TM Missile Turret OP?

Postby Zeno » Sat 06 Apr, 2019 2:15 pm

I don't think it's OP in its AV role, but the way that it can snipe infantry models is crazy. Also, I don't think the PM Lascannon turret has the same accuracy versus infantry.
boss
Level 3

Re: TM Missile Turret OP?

Postby boss » Sat 06 Apr, 2019 3:34 pm

Morgan or adeptus noobus or whatever his name is now made a big thing about its accuracy and its killing vs infantry a while ago and from what I learned this should have been fixed by just lowering its accuracy vs infantry and they was going to do this,,,, somehow balance team screwed this up and the change didn't even make it on the log and so nothing was done one day they might get this right but don't hold your hopes up.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 06 Apr, 2019 7:16 pm

Zeno wrote:I don't think it's OP in its AV role, but the way that it can snipe infantry models is crazy. Also, I don't think the PM Lascannon turret has the same accuracy versus infantry.

o/! This change was included in 2.9.0!

Techmarine:
Missile turret no longer deals splash damage.
Missile Turret now has a 5 minimum range.

The Missile Turrets are under the missile_pvp weapon family which only has a .2 accuracy vs medium targets and .05 vs small (which is most infantry). The reason it kept hitting infantry anyway was because it's splash damage was enough to compensate for inaccuracy. Without the weapon having splash damage, this should fix the problem. Let us know if you still have any problems!

Out of curiosity, are you making this comment from something you recently saw in-game or was just something you were thinking of lately?
boss wrote:Morgan or adeptus noobus or whatever his name is now made a big thing about its accuracy and its killing vs infantry a while ago and from what I learned this should have been fixed by just lowering its accuracy vs infantry and they was going to do this,,,, somehow balance team screwed this up and the change didn't even make it on the log and so nothing was done one day they might get this right but don't hold your hopes up.

boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Sat 06 Apr, 2019 9:13 pm

If you removed it splash damage then how come its still the same hitting infantry fine, doing full damage and getting kills very easy. Your splash change did nothing to solve this been saying this for a while, maybe if you played more you see this with your own eyes

By all means I hold your L but im not the one who looks like an idiot.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 06 Apr, 2019 10:11 pm

The turrets shouldn't be able to track infantry units for sh*t. The only possible scenario I can see where they can hit with any reasonable accuracy is if squads stood almost completely still in front of them and hoping the projectile happens to pass through 1 of the models. That's basically what happens with tankbustas and even they have only so-so accuracy vs infantry.

Is that what is happening? Idk. OP is basically asking an open question from what I can tell.
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Sat 06 Apr, 2019 11:40 pm

It seems a few players should look into an in-game test of this and deduce the actuality of the issue before this post becomes too heated without any clear evidence as to what the actual problem is.
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
Zeno
Level 1

Postby Zeno » Sun 07 Apr, 2019 1:44 pm

Just did some testing on Angel Gate, there were some misses against infantry but also hits too. One turret took out a capping K Nob in about 15 seconds. Pretty crazy really.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 07 Apr, 2019 6:36 pm

why you always nerf SM?

Don't you think Sorc's 6x bolts are OP? for example. :) I don't even play SM anymore, I've bored of constant nerfs.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Thu 11 Apr, 2019 1:22 pm

Zeno wrote:Just did some testing on Angel Gate, there were some misses against infantry but also hits too. One turret took out a capping K Nob in about 15 seconds. Pretty crazy really.

Each missile does around 150 damage and fires 2 of them can't check to be sure cos codex don't show turrets for some reason but yea knob dies too about 3 hits mostly anything else dies in 1 hit.

I also looked again and your splash damage change did nothing to stop this still the same accuracy as before hitting infantry as before again idk what you doing fucking around with splash damage instead of reducing its accuracy so it never hits infantry.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Fri 12 Apr, 2019 6:23 am

#noobcodex

Return to “Balance Discussion”