I want a V2 for Hydris Chasm

Elite (and related) releases.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 20 Sep, 2015 3:39 pm

First of all, to be more effective at explaining my suggestions :

General problems about map :
1-) To get the centre line of the map, you need to follow the bridges. But player 1 brigde directly opens to his own natural power farm, mean while player 3 can still defend his farm since enemy needs to come much closer.

2-) This map is based on 2 different 1v1 fights which is okay, I liked the idea of it. But map has its own problems about it too. EG : player 2 and 4 are fighting over the contested VP, player 1 joins the fight, doubles the side and forces off player 4. Meanwhile it is too hard for player 3 to reach his mate because of pathing around the map. I haven't seen same problems on any 2v2 maps so far but I can be still wrong am I right or not in this point. Just saying.

3-) The bridges are too tight and allows IG nukes to be undodgeble unless you retreat. Yes, running the whole map to your base is the only option to survive it where you allow other 2 players to take back map control again. Problem can still exist for other nukes too.

4-) It is even much harder then Angel Gate to path tanks on bridges with your army. Also, tanks can not run away from nukes at this point.

5-) The top resource line of the map is too far away from VP. It is hard to reach. Also, the organic bridge or the top resource line is again too tight and the enter points of it are too small, too upright / vertical to the VP line so flanking around there is too hard.

6-) The centre of the map where all bridges comes together has a very small hole where you can use some covers it totally useless, and makes unable to have open space area fights. Totally impracticle Also, pathing of tanks please.

Please don't tell me '' It is all 2 1v1 fights! '' I like the idea of it on this map. Also, I am waiting for you suggestions here. Don't be shy. :)
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Re: I want a V2 for Hydris Chasm

Postby DandyFrontline » Sun 20 Sep, 2015 4:02 pm

What about to move the right VP to the middle, remove bridges and make middle more open with the only 2 mountains near energy points. Make a path from middle left to the middle, remove stairs (dont even understand who is that guy, who thinks that stairs is a good idea for DoW2 maps). So, i would like to see this ma remastered in this way
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 20 Sep, 2015 4:38 pm

DandyFrontline wrote:What about to move the right VP to the middle, remove bridges

That is pretty much deleting Hydris Chasm actually. VP can stay at top as long as it is much easyer to reach by all players. Also, making briged wider would be much less liberal. But you has a good point on stares.
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 7:48 pm

I'll try to work on this, see what I can do. So far my mapmaking has hit a brick wall I have absolutely no motivation to do anything new, it's so time consuming for such little reward, no one wants to play LG atm, so I'm hoping that when I change that people might.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 7:54 pm

I don't think this map needs a redux Swift. I think you can better spend your time somewhere else.
You do what you want of course :)
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 9:39 pm

Dark Riku wrote:I don't think this map needs a redux Swift. I think you can better spend your time somewhere else.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I'll piss off then.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 9:56 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:
Dark Riku wrote:I don't think this map needs a redux Swift. I think you can better spend your time somewhere else.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I'll piss off then.

RIKU! Be an Apo and start healing / supporting something such as this map idea insted of being a LA and killing everything.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 10:17 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I'll piss off then.

Well, you can just make a new one 2vs2 map. There are really few good 2vs2 maps, and Hydris is going to the bad ones.
romaSa
Level 0

Postby romaSa » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:07 pm

You have hit the mark. Thought good, it agree with you.

Return to “Releases”