Elite Mod 2.6.1 Released

Elite (and related) releases.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Re: Elite Mod 2.6.1 Released

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 8:19 pm

High Powered Shot and Bionics' hotkeys have been switched. Very confusing.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:09 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:Why can ists with gl (no serg ) lose to regular shootas without any upgrades lmao

To be fair, that situation doesn't sound too bad. The benefit of GLs is that they ignore cover and units tend to blob up behind cover. They aren't meant to be good in stand-up fights. And vs ranged units closing in to melee them and therefore moving about you are meant to lose. If you are in cover and they are, you win easy. If you are in cover and they ain't you win easy. Otherwise they are meant to be behind your IST w/ sarge that are tankier, or your SS that are tankier using their extra GL range and projectile trajectory to fire over the other squads, ignore enemy cover and be a good supporting unit...

Psycho wrote:Whatever happened to the idea of spotters' incendiary shell affecting turrets like flamers do?

It was declined. I think it would have been too OP. Spotters are way too long range. And unlike a manticore they aren't at all a high T2 investment... In fact they're something most people get anyway in T1 in 3v3.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:27 pm

Adeptus Noobus wrote:High Powered Shot and Bionics' hotkeys have been switched. Very confusing.

That is actually a correction from the TM being completely f*cked on his hotkeys. We tried very hard to correct the Proximity Mines as well but there's other issues with moving that ability around. It's confusing because you're used to the TM's weapon and armor hotkeys not being where they are supposed to be :P
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Tue 14 Mar, 2017 12:03 am

I'm sure it would not. The warlock already has a tool with twice the dps in T1 for just a pisspoor 100/25 cost that is also anti-blob and a great melee weapon, for a theoretical 43.5 range, and nobody bats an eye. Not to mention that with spotter smoke only reducing range down to 50%, turrets can STILL shoot at flamer GMs and instantly supress them since they're so close, so it's impossible to counter them that way unless you flank, at which point we'd be banking on an opponent that allows you to flank in the first place.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 14 Mar, 2017 1:10 am

Hero versus unit for an entire race. Not the same thing...
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Tue 14 Mar, 2017 2:15 am

Psycho wrote:I'm sure it would not. The warlock already has a tool with twice the dps in T1 for just a pisspoor 100/25 cost that is also anti-blob and a great melee weapon, for a theoretical 43.5 range, and nobody bats an eye. Not to mention that with spotter smoke only reducing range down to 50%, turrets can STILL shoot at flamer GMs and instantly supress them since they're so close, so it's impossible to counter them that way unless you flank, at which point we'd be banking on an opponent that allows you to flank in the first place.

flame sword op yea right only thing wrong with wl is his new destructor which you cant doge now which is very balance, before you cry about what spotters does learn what they do, they reduce sight range by 50% as well, also maybe learn to use cats smoke nade which give 100% suppression imun with flamer gm bye bye turret but hey impossible to counter right
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
hiveminion
Level 3

Postby hiveminion » Tue 14 Mar, 2017 8:03 am

Atlas wrote:
Adeptus Noobus wrote:High Powered Shot and Bionics' hotkeys have been switched. Very confusing.

That is actually a correction from the TM being completely f*cked on his hotkeys. We tried very hard to correct the Proximity Mines as well but there's other issues with moving that ability around. It's confusing because you're used to the TM's weapon and armor hotkeys not being where they are supposed to be :P

Please stop 'correcting' hotkeys. I'm still baffled you switched around the Tyrant Guard hotkeys for charge and shieldwall shortly after they were switched around by Caeltos for 'consistency'. Switching hotkeys for no good reason just confuses and pisses off long-time players.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Tue 14 Mar, 2017 11:37 am

I have an idea for hotkeys but was in doubt for a long while.

For heroes, what if we make the hotkeys pretty much same for all?

Ability coming from weapon - Q
Ability coming from armor - W
Ability coming from aces. - E

So we don't need to remember each abilitys hotkey one by one each time on each patch. What kind of problems can we face with this?
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Tue 14 Mar, 2017 12:31 pm

egewithin wrote:I have an idea for hotkeys but was in doubt for a long while.

So we don't need to remember each abilitys hotkey one by one each time on each patch. What kind of problems can we face with this?

Those heroes that start with starting abilities will have problems
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 14 Mar, 2017 10:13 pm

egewithin wrote:I have an idea for hotkeys but was in doubt for a long while.

As was already mentioned, this was basically how it's already set up. Only major exception to this is TM, which has armors typically come before weapons for no real reason. Starting abilities just shift them to the right however many slots it needs.
hiveminion
Level 3

Postby hiveminion » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 9:12 am

Atlas wrote:
As was already mentioned, this was basically how it's already set up. Only major exception to this is TM, which has armors typically come before weapons for no real reason. Starting abilities just shift them to the right however many slots it needs.

And I don't recall anyone ever complaining about this. Don't change hotkey layouts just to satisfy some urge for consistency.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 3:01 pm

hiveminion wrote:
Atlas wrote:

And I don't recall anyone ever complaining about this. Don't change hotkey layouts just to satisfy some urge for consistency.

As somebody who played TM a LOT, it really screws with my gameplay at the moment. Bionics, HPS, Mark Target, etc all being on different keys now is really confusing.

EDIT:
Pheromones still reinforces allied units. I just played a 2v2 and it reinforced allied Heretics and CSM.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 4:36 pm

Use custom hotkeys. Problem solved:)

--> C:\Users\Riku\Documents\my games\dawn of war ii - retribution\Settings
Hutsy
Level 2

Postby Hutsy » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 7:58 pm

I was just starting to use Ordo Malleus on 2.6 but it really feels like Strike Squads are made of paper now.

I notice a difference in ISTs but that was to be expected based on the changes.

The caveat is that I'm still a pretty terrible player but has anyone else noticed a stark difference for Strike Squads despite what looks like a small change?
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 17 Mar, 2017 2:46 am

Subjugation isn't working properly - You still cannot retreat out of it.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Fri 17 Mar, 2017 6:57 pm

Hutsy wrote:I was just starting to use Ordo Malleus on 2.6 but it really feels like Strike Squads are made of paper now.

I notice a difference in ISTs but that was to be expected based on the changes.

The caveat is that I'm still a pretty terrible player but has anyone else noticed a stark difference for Strike Squads despite what looks like a small change?

definitely more fragile than they used to be, although they get most of that back with their T1 upgrade. if you want them to be in the thick of it and duking it out with sluggas or banshees in the early game, that upgrade is pretty mandatory for them now.
juleszy
Level 0

Postby juleszy » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 6:35 am

Hey there. For whatever reason, my computer won't launch the elite mod. it installs with errors and then I can't launch into the game itself. It's now gotten to the point where I can't even access the retail version. What did I do wrong? In the past, my computer had no problems with it. I've attached photos to better explain what I am talking about. I haven't played this game in a while and want to get back into it. I'm not experienced with installing mods so please forgive the noob question.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 3:32 pm

Have you tried the basics?
Like re downloading the installer because something might have gone wrong there for some reason?
Verified the integrity of your game files?
And so on?
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 11:48 am

TM missile turret absolutely DESTROYS heroes. I need to check further wether it's vs infantry as well but it shits all over heroes atm.
Fr33man1800
Level 2

Postby Fr33man1800 » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 1:08 pm

GK unupgraded rhinos do not have attack move command.
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 2:47 pm

Fr33man1800 wrote:GK unupgraded rhinos do not have attack move command.

and people call OM an A-Move race ;)
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:21 pm

Since this was released, i have been crashing after playing roughly 30 minutes. My whole PC freezes after hearing a static blast from my speakers, and there is no response from the system. My only option is to hard reboot (hold power button down). This has happened every time i've played so far

At first i thought it was hardware, but then i played the witcher 3 (far more taxing) and an FPS without issues for hours, so it must be the latest patch.

Event logs have nothing either
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:35 pm

Have you tried reinstalling yet?
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 2:56 am

Well false alarm, i just had another crash in a different game, so i guess it is hardware after all

Currently regretting losing dem dineros at blackjack
Fas est ab hoste doceri
discmt
Level 0

Postby discmt » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 6:19 am

Hi I'm pretty new to trying to get the mod up and running. I notice in the top left the version says 2.5.0. Does this mean I am on the wrong version or have those numbers just not been updated. Also does matchmaking work on the elite mod?
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 6:45 am

discmt wrote:Hi I'm pretty new to trying to get the mod up and running. I notice in the top left the version says 2.5.0. Does this mean I am on the wrong version or have those numbers just not been updated. Also does matchmaking work on the elite mod?

If the version is 2.5.0 you are playing the wrong version. It should say 2.6.1.

Ranked games work, technically, but I don't think anyone uses that function anymore - if you want to play you have to join or host custom lobbies.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 9:32 pm

If everyone keeps telling people not to use ranked matchmaking of course nobody will use it :(
IamSoCrazy
Level 0

Postby IamSoCrazy » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 9:39 pm

I am new to elite (less than 1 month). I agree with Dark Riku. At first, I tried to use ranked games matchmaking but it seems no one is using it. It would be cool to encourage it.
oLev
Level 2

Postby oLev » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 9:42 am

Will ranked matchmaking put you into games that are made in the public lobby?
Otherwise, it's a bit of a catch 22 since you might miss the games that are being made while you're waiting in the matchmaker.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 3:01 pm

Nemesis Vortex still does 80 damage instead of 30 as intended. I experimentd on heretic squad which has 75 hp for each model and nemesis vortex wipes any affected model out in one single hit since it still does 80 damage.

So all in all, OM is currently able to use T2 Vortex skill in T1 with cheaper price than before.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"

Return to “Releases”