2.7 Preview Changelog ONLY

Elite (and related) releases.
Atlas

Re: 2.7 Preview Changelog ONLY

Postby Atlas » Tue 09 May, 2017 9:04 pm

Oh, and just in case people are confused by the plain text changes, those are written from the perspective of the list the modders go from, so it's from 2.7 to the updated 2.7. Fire Dragons are still doing less damage than they were in 2.6.1, but it's more than the original 2.7 for example.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Tue 09 May, 2017 9:18 pm

Thanks for that flowchart Atlas!

Does the melee charge come with NF, or the Justicar? Your flowchart lists it in both places.

I like the looks of these changes. I'm slightly worried the 25% slow will be a bit much in T1, maybe combine it with Justicar in T2? Well, I'll try it and see!
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Tue 09 May, 2017 9:24 pm

Well I guess I have to abuse fire dragons till they get nerf hard, tuck you guys 3 patchs with zoans to realise how much cancer they are and even then you only cap them at best and abit less damage and not change what they do they still wrong in their job but let see how long it will take with fire dragons to get nerfed I guess
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 09 May, 2017 9:29 pm

NF is what grants the melee charge, but the Justicar only receives a melee charge when the squad has NF, so it's listed twice.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 09 May, 2017 9:41 pm

boss wrote:Well I guess I have to abuse fire dragons till they get nerf hard, tuck you guys 3 patchs with zoans to realise how much cancer they are and even then you only cap them at best and abit less damage and not change what they do they still wrong in their job but let see how long it will take with fire dragons to get nerfed I guess

They're getting nered still - FDs. They do 36DPH atm. I initially proposed making that 26, but now decided on taking the middle ground 30 AND lowering their speed from 6.5 to 6 instead. That works out at about 14dps per model. Atm they are 16.8.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Tue 09 May, 2017 10:13 pm

Nerfed all I see is 0.5 less speed and 2.8 less dps you called that a nerf? it a thing it will make them only abit less kill anything at best.

The only other unit you can compare them with is storm troopers with melts slow rate of fire, can be knock back, less dps, less speed so cant kite,
not a great support from hero's manly from lord gen and short range , plus's melt bomb and can Infiltrate,

Fire dragons great speed, high damage, can get ant knockback, high rate of fire, has a stupid abity Increases the accuracy of the squad to 100% and reduces weapon cooldown by 50% for 10 seconds so stupid. gates, hero's buffs and with leader get more range only bad thing is they can bleed which is just an eldar. they kill gens, infantry, vehicle, all for this costing what 360 rec and 40 power with leader is 85 rec and 15 power plus bleed that nothing
Nikster
Level 0

Postby Nikster » Tue 09 May, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi everybody! I have to apologise in advance: I haven't been able to play the game (sadface!) because my laptop called it quits a few months ago and I am not really up to date with quite a few changes made in the last two patches or so, so there may be a few things that I am not aware of or that I got wrong.

Well, some nice changes overall. Especially the buffs to the WL (finally!) and the WSs. People shouldn't forget how expensive and 'bleedy' those guys are and to what lengths you actually have to go in order to get an ability-based snare. And yeah, looks like the Exarch won't get roasted by a single Las-Pred shot anymore (which has happened to me quite a few times)). Legit! :)

LC: I am wondering if removing the damage buff from Stubbornness altogether could be a bit too much. Yeah, the current bonus is pretty ludicrious, but I am still surprised by this rather drastic change instead of tweaking the damage values a bit.

Autarch: Hm. The Fusion Gun. I have the feeling that nobody will bother to buy it, especially after the damage nerf. As far as I am concerned, I like the idea of keeping it in T3 with the same stats and cost, but make it swapable (for cost, like the Tac-upgrades).

Fire Dragons: do I remember correctly that they still have full immunity to weapon knockback, but not to ability knockback? Couldn't the passive knockback-immunity be removed and instead be temporarily activated with the DF-ability? That way it would be reserved for decisive pushes/attacks when the FDs really need to stand their ground.

Now to my biggest concern/gripe: Rangers. Boss (like a few other people) has already stated this a few times and I have to agree: why should Rangers not be deserving of a damage-buff gained from their Pathfinder-upgrade (which could then cost a tad bit more if people consider it really necessary)? It could basically be the damage they did before the change (80 (or maybe 90?) per shot, which is certainly not a massive amount of damage, even with the HI-modifier). Given the decreased cost, I think it is okay that their combat-capabilities out of the gate where nerfed. But what about the idea of just getting them, well, as actual snipers, which is also a matter of playstyle, after all! Right now, they are pretty much 'neutered' as snipers, at least from what I have seen (I am aware that, in most cases, it is not particularly helpful or pertinent to directly compare different units in different army-rosters, but well... Scout Snipers and especially the Vindicare (!) still work in that regard!). So... fun times against Lame-champions sitting behind green cover (being supported by grenade launcher Heretics or Raptors neutralising your set-up team(s)) and infiltrating heroes (Knob, Lictor) you NEED them against. They were already 'meh' against Orks and Nids before the changes in the last patches and just a few more Kinetic Shots won't make up for their rather pityful damage. I think such a relatively small change would hurt balance as much as Rangers in their current state hurt enemy units. ;)

Sorry for the wall of text, potentially half-assed ideas and any cases of blatant ignorance. ;) Keep up the great work!
Last edited by Nikster on Wed 10 May, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Tue 09 May, 2017 11:15 pm

I wouldn't want rangers get their damage back, but that's purely from a 3v3 viewpoint, not from a 1v1 where it might be fine. Reason for this is that it's easy to just spam snipers as SM or old Eldar while counting on your teammate to cover your inevitable weaknesses. If I needed to give a stab in the dark, I'd sooner give rangers debuffing abilities rather than straight up combat prowess, like an ability that reduces sight range and weapon range, for a wild example off the top of my head, or a single model stun. I'm just making these up on the spot regardless of balance concerns like the WSE also getting a stun weapon and ranger spam rendering heroes and low model squads crippled with stuns, but what I'm going for is the underlying concept of rangers being more of a utility unit rather than a complete 100% sniper unit, since they are also the best detector unit in the game.

That'd still leave SM scouts spammable to hell and back, and though I'd want to go for the DoW3 approach and have normal scouts and sniper scouts be different units with a 1 cap limit on sniper scouts like the vindicare, I don't know how it'd fuck things up with how your starting scout will never be able to be upgraded into sniper scouts.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Tue 09 May, 2017 11:38 pm

Well atm their no really reason to go ranges really their cheap but shit for it and well other than detect their not much point going them best to just upgrade stuff or get more set up teams, they are to deal with set up team you no but take them ages to even kill a guy let alone force it of atm you can setup team spam unless your vs a wse cos what they going to do about it get ranges just go for a transport come t2 cos what ranges going to do them? they should do more damage with the Pathfinder gear you can just get them for detect but if you invest into them you should get more damage to justify going ranges cos atm their is none.

In 1s you never want ranges really but then knob and well unless ranges gg by then orks just get a big blob and amove toward your gen farm and well unless you have a Shuriken bye bye power
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Wed 10 May, 2017 12:18 am

Nikster wrote:Autarch: Hm. The Fusion Gun. I have the feeling that nobody will bother to buy it, especially after the damage nerf. As far as I am concerned, I like the idea of keeping it in T3 with the same stats and cost, but make it swapable (for cost, like the Tac-upgrades).

I like this idea.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Wed 10 May, 2017 12:47 am

it already does that or did they change it?
Nikster
Level 0

Postby Nikster » Wed 10 May, 2017 12:53 am

@Psycho: Hm. Is getting two sniper-units already considered 'spamming' (by DOW2-standards?). I can't imagine anybody getting more than two of those units in any given situation, even in a 3v3 where you could be covered/supported by competent team mates. But would it be worth it? I doubt it. You'd be paying a hefty amount of rec, and more importantly, power and banking on winning very quickly/early. When the first transports/Bloodcrushers etc. hit the field (or just concentrated/superior firepower, e.g. provided by two Big A-mover-squads (which also conveniently detect infiltrated units) ;)), you are in deep shit with units that don't scale well, are super fragile, do jack shit against vehicles, can't powerbash and which don't even do THAT much damage to infantry (and even less against heroes). It is certainly cancerous in Retail (with, like, double the amount of damage per shot?), but in Elite? Well, I for one would like to have a half-decent counter to set-up teams (if I don't play the WSE ;)) that doesn't fully rely on using an ability that gives me just a few seconds to react. And I don't always want to be forced to go for a lengthy Banshee-flank (which doesn't work that well on every map anyways) that requires me to cross half the map in order to pull off a perfectly timed attack that hopefully won't be foiled by one well-landed shotgun blast and subsequent focus-fire. ;) And don't get me started on Lazy-Champions or Tech Marines setting up a comfortable camp behind green cover, with healing support etc. I feel like I need something long ranged that still does enough damage to force them out of their comfort zone... (we are talking about T1, of course).

And as you were talking about 1v1s: well, this is what counts in the first place, right? And even in 3v3s, there are certainly worse things to worry about (even if they appear in later tiers and are more expensive: mass Nobz, mass Flashgitz (Noisy did it...), mass Zoanthropes etc.).

One last point not related to balance, but which is still somewhat important ;): fun (which, I know, also has to be on the receiving end ;); it's a delicate balance for sure): using a sniper unit that seems to be firing a pea shooter doesn't provide any sense of satisfaction and feedback, at least as far as I am concerned. ;)
Nikster
Level 0

Postby Nikster » Wed 10 May, 2017 1:02 am

boss wrote:it already does that or did they change it?

It does? I mean, I had been away for a while (and still can't play, ach!), but as far as I remember, you can buy the Shield and either the Executioner OR the Fusion Gun. As long as she doesn't have to be re-purchased (with all the upgrades), you are limited to the upgrades you bought for her, right? Do I remember correctly that she keeps the upgrades after using Skyleap and then using the call-in again?
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Wed 10 May, 2017 1:13 am

im sure you can buy the weapon each time like tac but you should keep the shield tho but you have to buy the other weapon again
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 10 May, 2017 4:13 pm

Warp spiders should not get buffed at all. They are extremely good in 1v1.
Deuce Bigalow
Level 2

Postby Deuce Bigalow » Thu 11 May, 2017 6:05 am

What if we made Fire Dragons only for Anti-Vehicle purposes by removing their ability to effectively damage Infantry/Heavy Infantry (and consequently make them not as great but still effective at damaging SHI)? This could be done by changing their damage type from melta to some av-only type like the venom brood. Their power cost could be removed and req cost set around 400. I think even with that change their dps could come down to about 12 per model and they would STILL be a potent threat. Just an idea

-Kickin
MichaelMip
Level 0

2 7 Preview Changelog ONLY

Postby MichaelMip » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 12:32 am

Maya - In the preview pane, right-click and select and select either Draft, Preview, or Normal. You might also experiment with the Size setting as well.

NOTE: If this works as it has in past versions of X1 it will remain as set only for the duration of the current X1 session. Exiting the X1 interface and restarting at a later time will/may require that you take these steps again.

Return to “Releases”