2.9.0 Released! Post-Release Roadmap included.

Elite (and related) releases.
boss
Level 3

Re: 2.9.0 and Post-Release Roadmap

Postby boss » Sat 23 Feb, 2019 2:20 am

Can I ask please to use google docs as an other place to download from not just mega pls next time
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Nikster
Level 0

Postby Nikster » Sat 23 Feb, 2019 4:33 am

Hi! First off: a big thank you to the mod and balance team(s) for your ongoing dedication to the mod! Some of the new maps are pretty nice as well.

After testing the 2.9. patch for several days, I have noticed a few random things that are not directly related to balance but rather to bug fixing and overall polish. Maybe these issues could be addressed before the release of 2.9.1 (bear with me if I am talking about issues that have already been discussed before; I haven't played the game/mod in a long while):

1. What is wrong with the Dire Avenger death animation? The regular DA models simply vanish/"pop out" of existence (like the illusive space pixies that they are?). That wasn't the case when I last played the mod (around patch 2.4.1 I believe). This is not the case with the DLC or Elite Scheme DAs, as far as I have noticed. Looks kind of awkward and fix-worthy tbh.

2. Several times/matches in a row, the Tac drop pod from the global bar would not appear. Instead, only the marker could be seen and the Tacs just spawned "out of nowhere" (I guess this has been an ongoing and well-known issue? Sometimes I feel like this game creates the most random bugs on a whim ;))

3. I must be one of the 2 or 3 players out there who use regular instead of grid hotkeys. ;) I just wanted to point out that the Psychic Storm (Far Seer) ability hotkey "O" triggers the Armor of Fortune upgrade. Maybe the ability hotkey should be changed to "N" (the Rune Armor upgrade hotkey).

4. As pointed out by Broodwich, do Raptors demoralise now (or something similar), given the red debuff circles that appear upon killing enemy models?

5. Apart from the Codex updates to be made in the near(?) future: There are several typos in the in-game tooltips that are in need of fixing (as far as my inner grammer-nazi is concerned ;)). A few of them may be somewhat ambiguous. Anyways, I gave in to my obsession and noted them down in a short document when I was reading the tooltips while testing and (re)learning the game (save for OM which I wanted to check out as well), so whoever is in charge of the scribble work (Atlas?): I can send it to you.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sat 23 Feb, 2019 1:28 pm

Bug Report for 2.9. When buying Chaos lord lighting claws wargear he does not change the weapon and it stays by default.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Hutsy
Level 2

Postby Hutsy » Sat 23 Feb, 2019 4:05 pm

I really don't like the sound of the Purifiers psychic field now :(

I just don't see the use for that ability now.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 23 Feb, 2019 8:29 pm

K, home page has been updated.

Been getting a lot of bug reports coming in. Good!

I'm gearing up for 2.9.1 sometime midweek to weekend this coming week. (Feb 27-Mar 3). Just letting you all know.

Nikster wrote:Hi! First off: a big thank you to the mod and balance team(s) for your ongoing dedication to the mod! Some of the new maps are pretty nice as well.

After testing the 2.9. patch for several days, I have noticed a few random things that are not directly related to balance but rather to bug fixing and overall polish. Maybe these issues could be addressed before the release of 2.9.1 (bear with me if I am talking about issues that have already been discussed before; I haven't played the game/mod in a long while):

1. What is wrong with the Dire Avenger death animation? The regular DA models simply vanish/"pop out" of existence (like the illusive space pixies that they are?). That wasn't the case when I last played the mod (around patch 2.4.1 I believe). This is not the case with the DLC or Elite Scheme DAs, as far as I have noticed. Looks kind of awkward and fix-worthy tbh.

2. Several times/matches in a row, the Tac drop pod from the global bar would not appear. Instead, only the marker could be seen and the Tacs just spawned "out of nowhere" (I guess this has been an ongoing and well-known issue? Sometimes I feel like this game creates the most random bugs on a whim ;))

3. I must be one of the 2 or 3 players out there who use regular instead of grid hotkeys. ;) I just wanted to point out that the Psychic Storm (Far Seer) ability hotkey "O" triggers the Armor of Fortune upgrade. Maybe the ability hotkey should be changed to "N" (the Rune Armor upgrade hotkey).

4. As pointed out by Broodwich, do Raptors demoralise now (or something similar), given the red debuff circles that appear upon killing enemy models?

5. Apart from the Codex updates to be made in the near(?) future: There are several typos in the in-game tooltips that are in need of fixing (as far as my inner grammer-nazi is concerned ;)). A few of them may be somewhat ambiguous. Anyways, I gave in to my obsession and noted them down in a short document when I was reading the tooltips while testing and (re)learning the game (save for OM which I wanted to check out as well), so whoever is in charge of the scribble work (Atlas?): I can send it to you.

Ty Nikster!

Hmm, 1 sounds like it could be fixable. Not sure what would be causing it though O.o.

2. is usually a result of trying to put the pod on a (for whatever reason) impassable location.

3. hmm grid keys are listed by icon index in the code. I can try that though, probably in the upgrade's ui info.

4. Yup, already fixed for 2.9.1. It's a result of me being up too late one night and trying to get the Raptor Lightning Claw to work only to inadvertedly start messing around in the CL Lightning Claw. They are all now slightly mixed up in 2.9 but ironed out!

5. Please send me that list! Tooltips are an absolute pain to go through. I'm already aware of the Maelstrom tooltip error and the Might of Titan showing the wrong requirement. Would be a lot of saved time for me! TY!

boss wrote:Can I ask please to use google docs as an other place to download from not just mega pls next time

If you meant Google Drive, not Docs, then yes! Those links are now in the opening post, at the same spot as the old download links!

Telos wrote:Thanks so much to the Mod team for putting in so much work to this! It's so awesome that there's still such a dedicated community of players for this game. :D

And thanks for playing! Wouldn't be here if you guys didn't have fun playing it.

Hutsy wrote:I really don't like the sound of the Purifiers psychic field now :(

I just don't see the use for that ability now.

K, noted. I'll make sure that message gets relayed.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Sat 23 Feb, 2019 11:13 pm

95% sure TM grid hotkey for mark target got changed from r to e
Fas est ab hoste doceri
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Sun 24 Feb, 2019 12:35 am

Thx atlas

Also there a bug with touch of Nurgle healing dreadnoughts idk about other vehicles tho. Im pretty sure it not should I guess its been around for a while cos I only just seen it on the latest's indrid cast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itWnl5w51Q

time mark 21:00
Hutsy
Level 2

Postby Hutsy » Sun 24 Feb, 2019 1:28 pm

Cheers Atlas!

Just to confirm - Purgation with Silencers... I could be reading it wrong but are they not AV any more, even with Rending? I know they were a relatively soft AV before but it sounds like they're not now.

Might be my imagination but only seemed to tickle an SM Dred when I tried.

Cheers!
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Sun 24 Feb, 2019 2:06 pm

Purgation with psycanons do av dmg by default now, the ability does give them a range buff more dmg to buildings and commanders now.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sun 24 Feb, 2019 6:31 pm

And to add to that they do more damage than havoc autocannons atm, just bear in mind of course that will only stand whilst they have 3 models which is actually the compensation for them doing more than havoc autocannons in the first place. Ultimately though they are only soft AV, not hard AV, because psilencers are also very good vs heroes (with rending)/heavy infantry.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Telos
Level 2

Postby Telos » Mon 25 Feb, 2019 5:22 am

Ripper snare no longer affects infantry targets.
(should still affect vehicles and monstrous creatures)

When I tried rippers on enemy transport vehicles (rhino and chimera) they didn't seem to do any snare (and no vfx).

Haven't tried them on other vehicles yet.
Darn
Level 0

Postby Darn » Mon 25 Feb, 2019 6:43 am

Sorry if this has been said already but I have had a bug where I cannot get lightning claws on chaos lord. The upgrade finishes but the weapon doesn't change.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Mon 25 Feb, 2019 7:15 am

Darn wrote:Sorry if this has been said already but I have had a bug where I cannot get lightning claws on chaos lord. The upgrade finishes but the weapon doesn't change.

Thanks for the report. Don't worry about duplicate reports. More reporting helps in confirming that bug really do exist.

And yes, lightening claw bug has been reported a few days ago but thx for confirming that again.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Atlas

Re: 2.9.0 Released! Post-Release Roadmap included.

Postby Atlas » Tue 26 Feb, 2019 6:19 am

Yeah, duplicate reports are no problem at all!

Also, changed the thread title as it occurred to me that it's very similar to the earlier thread.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Tue 26 Feb, 2019 6:50 pm

- WSE now gives a blue aura to all allies near him. I'm guessing this is the change you made to energy regen, but it's also really annoying
- Regular ASM have a larger jump radius than vanguards (???)
- Regular ASM jump flight time is longer. I've no idea why these changes would have been made

I'm also disappointed that even though it was reported, ol reliable was still buffed against garrisons.
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Tue 26 Feb, 2019 8:17 pm

Broodwich wrote:- Regular ASM have a larger jump radius than vanguards (???)
- Regular ASM jump flight time is longer. I've no idea why these changes would have been made

I guess they also have upgraded jump packs? You know, I would be cool with that to be honest.

'' Meet the new Assault Squad, Vanguard edition! They have twin turbo V8 jump packs ''
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 01 Mar, 2019 12:54 am

Sorry it's poorly worded.

The ASM change is an experimental fix to instances where the squad would jump but leave a squad member behind occasionally. If it works, it'll expand to all of the jump squads.

Broodwich wrote:I'm also disappointed that even though it was reported, ol reliable was still buffed against garrisons.

I know, but fixed!
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Fri 01 Mar, 2019 2:17 am

Asm having more flight time a nerf to a point where you can now doge there jumps now, asm didn't need nerfs and this make's them next to useless now.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 01 Mar, 2019 5:05 pm

Haven't been around for a while.
Also haven't play tested any of these so take these remarks as you will.
Won't write remarks on the changes that are reasonable.

(Made some mistakes saving, so lost a lot of text... this is the abbreviate version. cba to write everything out again in full.)

Atlas wrote:Bloodlust red cost increased from 200 to 225.
I would revert this change. Does anyone feel like this global was over performing? I feel like it is overshadowed by his other globals anyway. A good bloodlust can do wonders, don't get me wrong, but doesn't need a nerf.

Atlas wrote:Subjugation range increased from 30 to 40.
I'm not to fond of this amazing ability getting even easier to use than it already is :/

Atlas wrote:Plague Missile Launcher reload duration increased from 6-6 to 8-8.
C'mon guys. These guys have been nerfed enough already ^^ I wouldn't nerf their AV capabilities, That's still the squad's main role.

Atlas wrote:Stomp radius reduced from 10 to 8.
Sure, but can we get the extra HP on the upgrade back then?

Atlas wrote:Acolyte no longer passively grants +1.5 hp/s to the squad.
Fanaticism duration reduced from 2.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
Fanaticism no longer breaks suppression upon use.
Man, what did they do to get nerfed so hard? Granted, I still haven't tried to master GK but still. This looks harsh?

Atlas wrote:Grey Knight Terminators:
Paladin Squad:
Stombolter damage per hit reduced from 63.5 to 50.5.
Not sure what these guys have done to nerf the bolters? That's not something that was overperforming? They still are high costing T3 units. Revert?

Atlas wrote:Stikkbomaz:
Stikkbomb damage increased from 35 to 40.
This is one to keep an eye on. I thought stikks were just fine before.

Atlas wrote:Global:
Drop Pod cost increased from 300/0/100 to 350/0/125.
Drop Pod hp reduced from 500 to 75.
Well that's just sad to see. I can't see 125 red being worth a 100 req discount and a very fragile reinforcement point :( Revert please.

Atlas wrote:Terminator Force Commander hp regeneration reduced from 3.5 hp/s to 2.5 hp/s.
Why nerf this already niche wargear? The other FC loadouts are way better most of the time anyways due to numerous reasons, timing being a big one. That's why the change is also failry inconsequential. Still sad to see that when you do see a chance for this one it is now even worse :(

Atlas wrote:Force Commander now only deals 90% damage while he activates Battlecry and is wielding the Thunder Hammer.
Why? It's not allowed to do it's job or something? :/ The FC hits things. That's all he does! :D

Atlas wrote:Tactical Marine Squad:
Sternguard Veterans upgrade cost increased from 100/25 to 100/30.
An already very expensive sidegrade getting more expensive? :/
Again inconsequential as upgraded tacs do their job way better for a fraction of the cost. Should just get reverted.

Atlas wrote:Plasma Devastator Squad:
Squad cost increased from 400/0 to 400/15.
? °_O Why? Revert please. Makes no sense.

Atlas wrote:Whirlwind:
Speed reduced from 6 to 5.
? °_O An already fairly useless unit (bar from 3v3) getting nerfed? :/ Revert please.

Atlas wrote:Capillary Tower:
Spawn Rippers/Spore Mines cooldown set from 180/60 seconds to 120 seconds.
Spawn Rippers cost reduced from 100/0/0 to 0/0/25.
Only 25 red to tie up a unit. This is probably going to be bonkers OP. Keep an eye on this...

Atlas wrote:Ripper Swarm:
Squad can no longer retreat.
Reinforcement cost reduced from 10 to 1.
Size increased from tiny to small.
Xp yield increased from 10 to 20.
Red yield reduced from 3 to 2.
Unit hp increased from 45 to 70.
Snare slow increased from 3.6% to 4%.
(duration still set to 3 seconds per bite)
Ripper snare no longer affects infantry targets.
(should still affect vehicles and monstrous creatures)
I can already hear the people cry. Can you imagine these near a swarmlord, nest, LA, ... Hmmmmmmm.

Atlas wrote:Warrior Brood:
Adrenal Glands upgrade no longer grants Reverse Synapse.
Certain people already complain about Nid AV. Not that I'm saying that, but I wouldn't nerf any of their AV capabilities either atm.

Atlas wrote:Carnifex:
Unit cost reduced from 600/150 to 575/150.
Venom Cannon splash radius increased from 0 to 1.
As long as it doesn't instagib infantry again like this, then it's fine. Otherwise...

If it's true that jumps now take longer then either the "fix" should get reverted and people need to git gud or the jump time could be tinkered with to compensate.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Fri 01 Mar, 2019 6:30 pm

It does I didn't even know about this till kicking said something about this on stream there jump/flight time was 2 or 3 sec now its like 6 secs, you can doge it with some of the slowest units now and why did this even happen pls explain you did a nerf for no reason?
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Fri 01 Mar, 2019 8:17 pm

Atlas wrote:Sorry it's poorly worded.

The ASM change is an experimental fix to instances where the squad would jump but leave a squad member behind occasionally. If it works, it'll expand to all of the jump squads.

Atlas, why is this change not in the changelog? Isn't that the point of it in the first place? The communication with this patch is already poor, and now you're adding random shit you don't even mention. I hope you and adila work this out soon

The jump issue doesnt have to do with flight time, it's because a member gets knocked out of the radius the rest of the squad is jumping at. This is true for all jump units. Please revert it
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 02 Mar, 2019 4:06 am

Broodwich wrote:
Atlas wrote:Sorry it's poorly worded.

Atlas, why is this change not in the changelog? Isn't that the point of it in the first place? The communication with this patch is already poor, and now you're adding random shit you don't even mention. I hope you and adila work this out soon

The jump issue doesnt have to do with flight time, it's because a member gets knocked out of the radius the rest of the squad is jumping at. This is true for all jump units. Please revert it

This comment has been taken to heart. I mean, I just released 2.9.1 so it's a bit late to change the process for the fix patch but I've combed through it pretty hard to make sure there's no changes I forgot to add to the official changelog. My sincerest apologies, I should have made sure it was in the initial log. We'll do better on 3.0. Fixed on this log for now.

That being said, I just fixed the problem and put it back in. Looked good on tests. You can find 2.9.1 over on this thread now!
bennieGeorp
Level 0

2 9 0 Released Post Release Roadmap included

Postby bennieGeorp » Tue 23 Apr, 2019 9:32 pm

same here if more people start playing this i will start playing it too atleast 3v3

osp with fixed antilag would be awesome btw XD
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 26 Apr, 2019 12:24 pm

I feel the need to jump in here.

The jump thing was experimental and it us kinda my fault here. Its intention was to tackle the staggered jump. Were when a model is knockedback for any reason, jumps to the targeted location and not have to walk up until in range and then jump to the location. This would save the life of a squad or a model that should have gotten out.

It did miss its mark it sounds like. My changes were wrong in that the staggered jump issue is more of a model thing and not an ability issue. But cause i was able to remove staggered jumps but keep the ability the same.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54

Return to “Releases”