Removing chat from replays

Elite (and related) releases.
Myrdal
Admin

Removing chat from replays

Postby Myrdal » Fri 07 Mar, 2014 8:30 pm

Thought I'd announce this simple little tool that was requested and now hosted by Indrid since it might be of use for other casters. Put it in the folder with the replays you want wiped of chat messages. Currently It will create copies with observer chat and lag messages removed.

Download
Indrid

Re: Removing chat from replays

Postby Indrid » Fri 07 Mar, 2014 8:32 pm

My prayers to the dark gods answered.
Commissar Vocaloid
Shoutcaster

Postby Commissar Vocaloid » Fri 07 Mar, 2014 8:42 pm

Indrid wrote:My prayers to the dark gods answered.

how will we ever know players are lagging now?! Emperor have mercy on us!
Twitch: commissar_vocaloid
Tex wrote:Torpid + Riku sittin in a tree, A-R-G-U-I-N-G, first comes opinion, then comes a bias, then comes a never ending loop of philosophical retorts in response to childish finger wagging.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 6:52 pm

oh nice
finally finding this thread
this is so useful
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Sun 10 Mar, 2019 11:16 am

Does anyone have a copy of this still? The link to download didn't work for me :(
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Sun 10 Mar, 2019 8:52 pm

Please don't. I don't want to be that guy again, but I don't want chats to be removed in replays.

I, and pretty much everyone else, don't like to watch a scientifically sterilized ''games''. You know, they are just games after all. We came here for fun, and we want our fun. It's not a serious buisness, leave some dirt on it.

It is actually nice to know what teams think about situations while watching the game. And also their rage. :P Teams naturality, Indrids jokes and comments, games fundemental bugs etc are what makes casts fun to watch.
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 11 Mar, 2019 3:37 am

Sex - Murder - Art wrote:Please don't. I don't want to be that guy again, but I don't want chats to be removed in replays.

I, and pretty much everyone else, don't like to watch a scientifically sterilized ''games''. You know, they are just games after all. We came here for fun, and we want our fun. It's not a serious buisness, leave some dirt on it.

It is actually nice to know what teams think about situations while watching the game. And also their rage. :P Teams naturality, Indrids jokes and comments, games fundemental bugs etc are what makes casts fun to watch.

Its a tool that you download on a case by case basis, not something being implemented into the mod.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Mon 11 Mar, 2019 4:56 pm

It was more to get rid of the obs chat in some 1v1 games as some have chatter not related to the game. It can be a bit distracting depending on the volume.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 15 Mar, 2019 5:37 am

BbBoS wrote:Does anyone have a copy of this still? The link to download didn't work for me :(

On vacation, but I recognize that league runs basically daily and it's pretty simple to do for me. Here's what is in the site's toolbox! It should still work afaik. Sorry it's late.

Recnochat.exe

Return to “Releases”