Thoughts on Tyranny?

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Wise Windu

Thoughts on Tyranny?

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 12:04 am

Has anyone else played it? I thought it was a good game, but it didn't quite feel finished. I'll probably wait until it's patched or updated before playing through it again on a harder difficulty. I can give some more in depth thoughts and reasons for that, but I'd be interested to hear anyone else's thoughts.
Indrid

Re: Thoughts on Tyranny?

Postby Indrid » Thu 24 Nov, 2016 3:40 am

Looking forward to playing it at some point, but I tend to prefer to wait for several patches and all DLC to be released before I jump into an RPG. Pillars of Eternity is one of my favourite games of recent years, but Tyranny seems pretty different. Smaller experience with less scope and variation, and you can't create your own party members which is how I played PoE.
Wise Windu

Re: Thoughts on Tyranny?

Postby Wise Windu » Thu 24 Nov, 2016 6:56 pm

Yeah, I'd recommend waiting. I enjoyed it and I'll definitely be playing through it again at some point, but there are plenty of bugs and spelling/grammar errors throughout the game that I noticed - even in the epilogue. And undoubtedly more since I only did one of the however many possible story arcs available.

One of the bugs is so bad it will probably stop a lot of people from getting one of the spires. You don't need the blocked part to continue, but that probably won't be clear at all to everyone. I only got through it because I was curious to see if I could; didn't even realize it was a bug at first. And it's obviously just frustrating just not being able to access it.

I never played PoE so I can't really make comparisons there. Not sure how the combat compares, and the karma system with the main factions seems pretty easy to progress through. I was at max favor with the faction I chose to side with before the end of the first act (out of 3 acts). Choices involving that faction felt less interesting after that, and you see them consistently for the rest of the game.

I will say that the final encounter is really interesting, but the end of the game is kind of abrupt and disappointing. DLC/sequel tease :P

Maybe I'll check out PoE until then

Return to “Random Stuff”