W40K: Inquisitor - Martyr | Open World Trailer

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Indrid

W40K: Inquisitor - Martyr | Open World Trailer

Postby Indrid » Tue 13 Dec, 2016 7:44 pm

Ace of Swords
Level 5

Re: W40K: Inquisitor - Martyr | Open World Trailer

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 13 Dec, 2016 8:00 pm

Concept seems interesting, might be worth trying out.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Tue 13 Dec, 2016 8:20 pm

Looks interesting, but so did Deathwing, which turned out not to be that great.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 13 Dec, 2016 9:10 pm

MaxPower wrote:Looks interesting, but so did Deathwing, which turned out not to be that great.

And Eternal Crusade...

No optimism anymore.

At least with DOW3 it doesn't look good and never has so there is no reason to be disappointed with how terrible it will be upon release.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 2:19 pm

True about Eternal Crusade, but I tend to disagree with the DOW 3 statement, atleast to an extent that is.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 2:45 pm

Thank you Indrid for posting. I am usually not into RPGs but I might actually give this one a try.

P.S: Everybody keeps complaining about DoW3 but deep inside they know they are just dying to try it, like the little slaves that you are :-P
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 3:28 pm

The amazing thing about this video which interests me is, how they have managed to describe a sector which is a big task (presuming each sector has 1000 planets,subsector 100,solar system 10,although the messure of this is distance not numbers of planets,every planet in 1000 light year is in a sector)
nice to see this kind of depth into lore . battle fleet Gothic has demonstrated the space battles pretty nice , it is time for 40k fans to see the true scale of wh40k from a new window
"blessed is the mind to small to doubt"
the scale of 40k is beyond any sci-fi I have ever seen
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 5:35 pm

MaxPower wrote:True about Eternal Crusade, but I tend to disagree with the DOW 3 statement, atleast to an extent that is.

Well what is alluring to me about all these other games is that they make grand promises. A vast open world with constant free expansions. A unique MMO experience we've never really had before with crazy scale, etc

What has DOW3 actually claimed that is particularly exciting or unique? Now, I haven't followed it super duper in depth because I lost interest a damn long time ago but as far as I know they aren't doing anything novel or exciting at all really. Just another teenager-aimed at, watered down, simplistic and dull RTS game with mechanics found bloody everywhere.

COH1, or DOW2 this definitely is not.

Adeptus Noobus wrote:Thank you Indrid for posting. I am usually not into RPGs but I might actually give this one a try.

P.S: Everybody keeps complaining about DoW3 but deep inside they know they are just dying to try it, like the little slaves that you are :-P

It looks pretty good I must admit! Hopefully they get a bit open minded and creative with the combat system so it doesn't feel too grindy, that will be the crux of this game I imagine - and the wargear/loot variation too.

I know for sure I won't be buying DOW3 unless it somehow drastically changes from what we have seen so far but we know that simply is not going to happen. I haven't even watched that eldar reveal vid that came out not so long back yet and I doubt I ever will.

Halo Wars 2 is where my hype is at.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 5:54 pm

According to Stormless DoW III looks a lot better in person than on stream, so hopefully he's right.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 6:59 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:According to Stormless DoW III looks a lot better in person than on stream, so hopefully he's right.

they are killing the lore . for example terminators jumping is unacceptable . even horus could not do that . and blood ravens are a chapter in need of serious patch job . wat u see in there is like at least a full chapter with full requirements
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 10:16 pm

Torpid wrote:
MaxPower wrote:True about Eternal Crusade, but I tend to disagree with the DOW 3 statement, atleast to an extent that is.

Well what is alluring to me about all these other games is that they make grand promises. A vast open world with constant free expansions. A unique MMO experience we've never really had before with crazy scale, etc

What has DOW3 actually claimed that is particularly exciting or unique? Now, I haven't followed it super duper in depth because I lost interest a damn long time ago but as far as I know they aren't doing anything novel or exciting at all really. Just another teenager-aimed at, watered down, simplistic and dull RTS game with mechanics found bloody everywhere.

COH1, or DOW2 this definitely is not.

And I never claimed that DOW 3 does anything unique, but for me its more than enough to get a new good (yeah I know, we don't know if it is good or not, but I can still hope) Warhammer 40k RTS game or game in general.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:16 pm

MaxPower wrote:And I never claimed that DOW 3 does anything unique, but for me its more than enough to get a new good (yeah I know, we don't know if it is good or not, but I can still hope) Warhammer 40k RTS game or game in general.

^

DoWIII hate is just all over the place imo. Martyr looks good here, though I'm rarely a fan of isometric games.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 4:45 am

Not really interested in this game. Relic is the only company who knows how to make a good Warhammer 40k game it seems. DoW 3 looks extremely good based off of what they've showed so far. I'm glad they're actually taking it seriously unlike DoW 2.

I used to be depressed about the game like Torpid, but then I realized that they just had a few bad interviews where they said incredibly stupid things, which were never actually reflected in the game, so it's cool.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 5:11 am

Atlas wrote:
MaxPower wrote:And I never claimed that DOW 3 does anything unique, but for me its more than enough to get a new good (yeah I know, we don't know if it is good or not, but I can still hope) Warhammer 40k RTS game or game in general.

^

DoWIII hate is just all over the place imo. Martyr looks good here, though I'm rarely a fan of isometric games.

I think I am mostly disappointed with Dow III . sure it is better than nothing , but they are doing irreparable damage to 40k universe in general . specially with blood ravens lore ,again don't get me wrong they are a great chapter with deep character , but they have broken the lore in many cases (which has been kinda acceptable till dow 3 , but now ....)
We need good representations of 40k like battle fleet Gothic (lord commander dante is great there space battles are great,they capture the epicness of 40k to some extent... ),inquisitor martyr (aint a fan of this style of gaming but with this trailer has shown the huge size of 40k sector,the infrastructure of the inquisition... )
All I am saying is we need those , we dont need stuff that kill 40k (btw have probably seen wat has happened with warhammer fantasy end time and "AGE OF SIGMAR" omg that was... )
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 5:16 am

All i am saying is this
"It is better to die for the emperor than to live for urself"
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:53 am

Haven't heard much about Inquisitor - heard mixed things about Deathwing so will be keeping tabs here for Inquisitor impressions. Would be nice to have something in a more Space Marine-like vibe, I've missed that kind of gameplay.

Rostam313 wrote:
Swiftsabre wrote:According to Stormless DoW III looks a lot better in person than on stream, so hopefully he's right.

they are killing the lore . for example terminators jumping is unacceptable . even horus could not do that . and blood ravens are a chapter in need of serious patch job . wat u see in there is like at least a full chapter with full requirements

Casual reminder that 100% lore adherence died in Winter Assault with Khornate Sorcerors :p
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 2:36 pm

Gorbles wrote:Haven't heard much about Inquisitor - heard mixed things about Deathwing so will be keeping tabs here for Inquisitor impressions. Would be nice to have something in a more Space Marine-like vibe, I've missed that kind of gameplay.

Rostam313 wrote:

Casual reminder that 100% lore adherence died in Winter Assault with Khornate Sorcerors :p

yea u r right . but this one is off the charts . how does a chapter that has nearly been wiped has those many marines and equipment lel !
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 20 Dec, 2016 7:50 am

Thinking that a game where a fictional man in a powered suit can jump is going to kill a niche franchise like Warhammer is not that popular as you think it is. This fanbase has been through Matt Ward, C.S Goto countless retcons and multiple other stuff and yet fans stayed with it no matter how much tears have been shed (just remember the newcrons). So deliberately going in each thread crying about how muh reric ruined DoW3 from the start is just another episode of ageing neckbeards spilling their autism on the net which wont achieve anything except some form of shallow self gratification. The only thing you can do at this point is ask GW for the rights to make your own shit where you can make it as Halal as you like.
Also gameplay > fluff.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 20 Dec, 2016 8:58 pm

Carnevour wrote:Thinking that a game where a fictional man in a powered suit can jump is going to kill a niche franchise like Warhammer is not that popular as you think it is. This fanbase has been through Matt Ward, C.S Goto countless retcons and multiple other stuff and yet fans stayed with it no matter how much tears have been shed (just remember the newcrons). So deliberately going in each thread crying about how muh reric ruined DoW3 from the start is just another episode of ageing neckbeards spilling their autism on the net which wont achieve anything except some form of shallow self gratification. The only thing you can do at this point is ask GW for the rights to make your own shit where you can make it as Halal as you like.
Also gameplay > fluff.

unfortunately fluff is getting battered these days in 40 games (in this trailer to some extent,in dow3 a hell of a lot)
that is very sad . i smell money here
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 20 Dec, 2016 9:07 pm

Rostam313 wrote:
Carnevour wrote:Thinking that a game where a fictional man in a powered suit can jump is going to kill a niche franchise like Warhammer is not that popular as you think it is. This fanbase has been through Matt Ward, C.S Goto countless retcons and multiple other stuff and yet fans stayed with it no matter how much tears have been shed (just remember the newcrons). So deliberately going in each thread crying about how muh reric ruined DoW3 from the start is just another episode of ageing neckbeards spilling their autism on the net which wont achieve anything except some form of shallow self gratification. The only thing you can do at this point is ask GW for the rights to make your own shit where you can make it as Halal as you like.
Also gameplay > fluff.

unfortunately fluff is getting battered these days in 40 games (in this trailer to some extent,in dow3 a hell of a lot)

You mean like GW was doing all the time with higher prices and less models? Like increasing the codex prices? Like creating Tau to appeal to Eastern Asian countries and anime watchers? Dont forget forcing people to use their tiles and paints as well. Any company is doing anything for money, since thats what it exists for.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 20 Dec, 2016 9:20 pm

Carnevour wrote:
Rostam313 wrote:
Also gameplay > fluff.

You mean like GW was doing all the time with higher prices and less models? Like increasing the codex prices? Like creating Tau to appeal to Eastern Asian countries and anime watchers? Dont forget forcing people to use their tiles and paints as well. Any company is doing anything for money, since thats what it exists for.

very true
i only hope they wont do end time in 40k like they did in warhammer fantasy for money
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 21 Dec, 2016 12:44 am

Carnevour wrote:[...] So deliberately going in each thread crying about how muh reric ruined DoW3 from the start is just another episode of ageing neckbeards spilling their autism on the net which wont achieve anything except some form of shallow self gratification. The only thing you can do at this point is ask GW for the rights to make your own shit where you can make it as Halal as you like. [...]

I mean your whole post was pure hyperbole and throwing accusations around, meaning you are no better than the persons hating on the game in every thread because you are basically doing the same. Only you are not hating on the game but the persons hating the game. Same shit, different name.

This goes for everyone:

If you like what you see, feel free to post it, if you don't like what you see you should also post that, no matter how "shallow" your luv or hate might be and no one should call you names for your opinion what so ever.

And always remember: vote with your wallet!
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Wed 21 Dec, 2016 1:27 am

MaxPower wrote:
Carnevour wrote:[...] So deliberately going in each thread crying about how muh reric ruined DoW3 from the start is just another episode of ageing neckbeards spilling their autism on the net which wont achieve anything except some form of shallow self gratification. The only thing you can do at this point is ask GW for the rights to make your own shit where you can make it as Halal as you like. [...]

I mean your whole post was pure hyperbole and throwing accusations around, meaning you are no better than the persons hating on the game in every thread because you are basically doing the same. Only you are not hating on the game but the persons hating the game. Same shit, different name.

This goes for everyone:

If you like what you see, feel free to post it, if you don't like what you see you should also post that, no matter how "shallow" your luv or hate might be and no one should call you names for your opinion what so ever.

And always remember: vote with your wallet!

It goes both ways but its mainly provocation im annoyed of, i came to this thread to see the inquisitor game not to see another post about DoW3. So you can interpret as a small rant that will hopefully finally make people think about shitposting in a different thread. Pure hyperbole is to allow off topic stuff in a thread about something completely different if you want to keep your discussion flowing rather than being baited into a knee jerk response for example me. If people want to fling poos about how DoW3 is bad in DoW3 threads, hey im all for it ill even contribute being on the other side of the discussion. But seeing it nearly in every thread really triggers me.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 21 Dec, 2016 3:10 am

Carnevour wrote:If people want to fling poos about how DoW3 is bad in DoW3 threads, hey im all for it ill even contribute being on the other side of the discussion. But seeing it nearly in every thread really triggers me.

I know what you mean, because even though I still have my doubts about DoW 3, I'll wait for the final product (or the beta) judge the game and not some videos or screenshots of it, albeit some of the stuff shown kinda rubs me the wrong way. But yes hijacking threads to shitpost on a game that nearly nobody played is kinda stupid.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 21 Dec, 2016 10:53 am

Then stop talking about it now ^^

To further advance the discussion about the real topic

KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Tue 17 Jan, 2017 7:17 pm

I am not a rpg player and I won't buy this because I know I would never finish the campaign. However, I do like the aesthetics. I really like the interiors; I always find this the most evocative part of the 40K universe and the walking animations looks really good. Not as detailed as Deathwing but good.

Interesting how they have gone a little for the horror genre (as per the interview) which seems Similar to Deathwing and also Alien Isolation. I love the quote about co-op
Making the player less alone and less afraid.

Return to “Random Stuff”