How do I deal with FC storm shield? (as Eldar)

Strategy and L2P topics.
Lesten
Level 2

How do I deal with FC storm shield? (as Eldar)

Postby Lesten » Fri 27 May, 2016 12:57 pm

Faced a force commander with storm shield in my lane on a 3v3 map. I played Eldar (Farseer).

I had 2x DAs, Shuriken platform and Banshees (though I lost the banshees early because I was sloppy). I got the doombringer for my Farseer (I was expecting ASM).
FC had 2x Tacs and Scouts. Got the storm shield and I think artificer armor.

One of the first engagements: FC approach my line with entire army, I defend with entire army (though shees were a bit behind coming out of base). FC activates defend ability and approach. He is within range of shuriken and I figure I should focus down the FC. I put guide on the shuriken and doom on the FC and shoot at him with everything. He just keeps walking toward my shuriken, doesn't even lose half his health by the time he reaches it and ties it up. Banshees charge in and attack him, he gets away, banshees go down (sloppy by me, got greedy chasing the FC).

I try focusing him down several times during the game, with guide and doom, but he practically takes no damage at all, then goes on to tie up my platform.

So my question is: how do I deal with a Force commander with storm shield? I can't focus him down because he simply won't die, can't really target anything else either because they have so much damage resistance and then the FC wreaks havoc. Do I just try to avoid him, concede map and try to relocate?
Asmon
Level 4

Re: How do I deal with FC storm shield? (as Eldar)

Postby Asmon » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:29 am

Infiltrate your banshees, guide & fortune them, then let them destroy the TSM blob while the FC is moving towards your shuriken at slug speed. Also doom the TSM if you get the Doombringer, not the FC. And focus fire the scouts if they've got shotguns. Don't even waste a shot on the FC. He'll die of old age and shees in retreat path.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sat 28 May, 2016 5:11 am

Shields defend ability decreases incoming ragned damage, not melee. ;) So you shoud handle him with banshees.

And try killing scouts as sson as possbile. With shotguns ant Tac support, they counter Bashees fairly well.
Aetherion
Level 2

Postby Aetherion » Mon 30 May, 2016 1:20 am

Nades might be nice, either to knockback the FC or on the tacs. Reduced damage is still somewhat potent, lack of suppression doesnt quite matter when they are that slow. If he deactivates the shield to dodge it, you might be able to suppress the FC if you didnt just finish your burst/he doesnt have enough energy to keep defend up. Not sure how viable using the DA exarch to knock him back when he's coming would work. Farseer should run at tacs to tie them up and reduce the ranged output of the enemy by a third and by extension give you a third more time to reposition, bring shees in. I think the shuri can just walk away from a CS/SS FC cos he doesnt have a sidearm, drawing the FC away from the army lets your banshees scream and do normal stuff. (Hopefully having forced off the scouts with your DA fire)
CREED FOR THE PLAN GOD
ELDRAD FOR THE DICK THRONE
just as planned
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 30 May, 2016 11:33 pm

What a pointless discussion on semantics. To paraphrase a famous quote... I don't know what a hard counter is, but I know it when I see it.

Can we please get back to talking about the Storm Shield vs Eldar?
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 31 May, 2016 3:26 pm

Topic purged of derailed conversation.
#noobcodex

Return to “Strategy Discussion”