FACTION WARS-Results,Evaluation-Season I-Rostam Casts

Generic non-balance topics.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 5:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Y-JmwQWnu5
(Above is the Link to my You Tube channel and all the 25 faction wars;put into a playlist)

DESCRIPTION
First of all I wanted to thank Indrid who was my biggest inspiration for managing these faction wars and a big thanks along with my unending appreciation to Ninja (Aka Kung fu Panda) who helped me capture these faction wars and in fact he is the one that put the idea of casting into my head,thanks to all the players for their participation in these faction war(I will put their names at the bottom of this post),elite mod community and the dear viewers . we were always short of players so I had to play so i had to play in pretty much every one of them,in the future hopefully I will only host these game ^^
These faction wars took me about 400 hours (hosting,managing,playing,editing,casting,... ) some times I waited 60 minutes in a lobby to find enough people that were willing to play . and as u see there are 25 Faction wars here but in fact there was about 100 replays,I cherry picked only 25 of them so that I would cast the good and long games in order to be enjoyable for you guys . The amount of bugs,disconnects,... was a little problematic and annoying but we managed that . I think I have got the hang of it and how to mange FW, so if there is gonna be another Faction war Series in the future I have had a pretty good experience . and this time I think I have much more help .

Now About the Evaluating System; Generally the main idea of this faction war was to cover all the possible match ups between all the factions,so each faction would play all the other factions that there is , as u see most faction meet each other only once (some of them twice) and the ranking system and evaluating was not my main goal in this series . I wanted the viewers to observe a complete faction war including all the match ups possible to have a good idea about things and enjoy the diversity . but I have managed to set an evaluating system for these games so that we have something on our hands to ranks the races with . follow the bottom sections to figure that out.

RESULTS

These are the General Results Indicated by winning streaks,the number you see in front of every race is the number of wins for that race . 0 mean no win,1 mean one win for a race . some of the races have had 2 matches between them,so if you see number 1 in front of both races in a line it means each of them has won one game .

Ordo Malleus 1 - Space Marines 1 (2 Games)
Ordo Malleus 1 - Chaos 1 (2 Games)
Ordo Malleus 0 - Imperial Guard 1
Ordo Malleus 1 - Tyranids 0
Ordo Malleus 1 - Orks 0
Ordo Malleus 1 - Eldar 0

Space Marines 0 - Chaos 1
Space Marines 1 - Imperial Guard 0
Space Marines 1 - Tyranids 0
Space Marines 1 - Orks 0
Space Marines 0 - Eldar 1

Chaos 1 - Imperial Guard 0
Chaos 1 - Tyranids 0
Chaos 1 - Orks 1 (2 Games)
Chaos 1 - Eldar 0

Imperial Guard 0 - Tyranids 1
Imperial Guard 0 - Orks 1
Imperial Guard 1 - Eldar 0

Tyranids 0 - Orks 1
Tyranids 1 - Eldar 0

Orks 1 - Eldar 1 (2 Games)

FINAL EVALUATION AND RANKING OF RACES (MY POV EVALUATION SYSTEM) :

For this task first we calculate the points each race has earned by the two rules below
1-Each Win gives +3 points
2-Each loss takes -1 points

...................Games Played.....Wins.....Losses.....Total Points
Chaos............8....................6.........2...........+16
Ordo Malleus....8....................5.........3...........+12
Orks.............8....................4.........4...........+8
Space Marines..7....................4.........3...........+9
Eldar.............7....................2.........5...........+1
Imperial Guard..6....................2.........4...........+2
Tyranids.........6....................2.........4...........+2

Championship Final Results
1-Chaos.........(Champions).with +16 points
2-Ordo Malleus..(Purifiers)...with +12 points
3-Space Marines.(Vetrens)....with +9 points
4-Orks.............(Warlords)..with +8 points
5-Tyranids......................with +2 points
6-Imperial Guard...............with +2 points
7-Eldar...........................with +1 points

Place 1 goes to Chaos..........(We give them the rank of "Demon Primarch") as Champions
Place 2 goes to Ordo Malleus..(We give them the rank of "Grand Master") as Purifiers
Place 3 goes to Space Marines (We give them the rank of "Chapter Master") as Vetrens
Place 4 goes to Orks........... (We give them the rank of "Warboss") as Warlords

Place 5 goes to Tyranids
Place 6 goes to Imperial Guard
Place 7 goes to Eldar

(Notes about the 5th,6th Placements) :
Tyranids and Imperial Guard have the same amount of Points . so for proper placement we count the straight match between them,and see who has won in a straight match between them .
Tyranids have won against Imperial Guard so they take the 5th place therefor Imperial Guard take the 6th Place

On a final note about this Article;it is my point of view Evaluation . it is very hard to have same amount of skills,players,... and so many other factors to manage a perfect skilled and a perfect balanced game . and i appreciate the respected critics whom think this doesn't mean anything but THIS WAS THE BEST I COULD DO I hope u understand and forgive me for any gap . The idea was to put on a good show for the viewers to enjoy rather than having the highest skill of gameplay with MVP micro,which would take me forever to manage . so I hope u have enjoyed it guys and I appreciate your point of view as well whether positive or negative u have my thanks (May be skills have not spread perfectly each game,but i think at least games are long enough which talks for it self,longer than 25 min each of them,btw a valiant effort by the lesser skilled players,they have my respect and appreciation) .

Names of all the people that participated in this series,thanks u for giving a good show (Names are put down in order of alphabet) :
400kg - Aetherion - Angry Bird - boss - Balgeron - Black Label - Bleys - Booty Warrior - Bruce -Bruce Campbell - Bulbus - Coldpsycher - Creature82 - Crog - Cudder - Death Marine Primarch - Derwisch - Desu - Deuce - Dragonz97 - Eerie - Endor - Endymion - F1N4L3 - Firatwithin - FORCE Vader - General Lee Stupid - GeoKnight - GrimReaper - Haplo - Hobo - HUNTER - JACKA VC - Jmcopel - K - Kain - kataklysmkx - lancer - Mowgli - Nhorellas - NINJA - Nodnerb - Oetz - Ordre227 - PaperBaG - Psycho - Qwest - Raegius - Refer to me - Ritterian - Saltstorm - Serega Bivalii - Shepard - Shroom - Square Up - Stigma - Stolensoul - TheCrydd - Sickness - Tonberry - Toy Town - Turbine - U jelly - VindicareX - Wywern - Ximenz - Zee Captain - Zeetorq - Zeno .

For now,this has been Rostam . Take care and Godspeed
Last edited by Rostam on Tue 17 Jan, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
knv
Level 0

Re: FACTION WARS-Results,Evaluation-Season I-Rostam Casts

Postby knv » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 6:13 am

Great job Rostam!!
+rep
Tonberry
Level 0

Postby Tonberry » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 3:43 pm

Great job Rostam, look forward to the next one!

Interesting results. Power armour totally dominating, infantry armies falling short.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 4:45 pm

This is actually super interesting! Thank you for taking the time to actually put all this stuff together.
Odysseus
Level 2

Postby Odysseus » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 9:45 pm

My, this is what I call a proper experiment. Hope to see more of this in the future as well! Good job!
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 10:29 pm

No surprise that power armor races came out on top really. 3v3 completely negates the the map control weaknesses of the slow moving, high investment, power armor units, and this is further exacerbated by the fact that you aren't forced to buy a map control unit and can then build strait into another power armor unit!

Congratulations is deserved to the infantry races for winning any games at all (if they did) against the power armor races.

I think a 2v2 faction war would be a great medium to even out the racial disparity that happens in 3v3.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 11:44 pm

It's very much a surprise that power armor races came "ontop".
There is so much HI hate in the game and in 3v3 it gets ridiculous.

Not to mention that these stats mean absolutely nothing.
A handful of games with a wide variety of player skills.

That one would even conclude anything from this ...
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Fri 13 Jan, 2017 4:46 am

Isn't SM doing well in faction wars a regular occurrence? When does it stop being surprising?
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Fri 13 Jan, 2017 1:58 pm

Mostly what riku said. It also doesn't take into account what maps were played, as obviously some confer an advantage to certain factions.

Nice to see someone keeping score though. These threads always make for great flame bait
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 13 Jan, 2017 9:00 pm

Oddnerd wrote:Isn't SM doing well in faction wars a regular occurrence? When does it stop being surprising?

It isn't at all surprising and yes it is a very far reaching conclusion.

SM have overall got major buffs in 2.6 and they were always very strong in 3v3 for the reasons Tex listed.

They bleed less than chaos and scale better, especially now that PMs, BLs and preds have been nerfed.

SM have a very low skill floor, especially in 3v3 where they really don't need to use scouts at all until high level. Back-capping with infiltrated scouts has a huge impact on 3v3 matches and is also something very easy to do in mid level games.

P-devs, thunder hammer FC, melee dreads and tacs are all mindlessly easy to use really. The best showcase of skill for an SM in 3v3 comes in cheeky scout plays and AC dread preservation come T2.

That's assuming we're playing an overused laney map as most folk do.

Quite different in 1v1 though.

Eldar being 7th however... Doesn't compute. So perhaps the sample is flawed after all ;)
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 6:27 am

Yeah I totally agree with torpid. It is no surprising thing seeing SM performing very good in faction war. Skill ceiling is a very big factor there. Usually when a faction war happens, it is very hard to get 2 organized teams so the organizer randomly picks people of various skill levels. This is when SM shines the best. Basically anyone can play up to certain efficiency with SM in 3 v 3 since they are easy to use while other factions would require a dedicated player to be effective. Some very long time DOW2 players have hard time if they are suddenly given irregular factions like IG, Nids without a practice. Eldar and Orks are not easy to use either if a player just happen to transfer from playing other factions.

It is a negative cycle. Infantry factions are hard to use and hard to find people who are good at it at the same time so learning them are a pain while power armor factions are relatively easier to use and easy to find a player to learn from. As a result, fewer and fewer players play infantry armor factions and more and more people play power armor factions. All in all, it becomes harder to learn infantry factions as time goes and player base for them get thinner. This also increase that skill cap u see in each faction's player base. Infantry faction players have a very huge bipolar skill gap between the top and bottom skill levels. Top few guys who are really really good and bottom guys who are really really bad and since u cannot gather those top guys for each infantry factions in one place and in best conditions all the time, it is likely to have 1 or 2 dedicated + 1 mediocre team on the faction war day. And this 1 or 2 mediocre kills the team but SM team won't have this much trouble with someone who is not dedicated resulting in overwhelming performance of SM.

New guys like to play 3 v 3 to lessen the burden on their micro and who has the most population in 3 v 3 player base? The answer is power armor factions I conclude. This is the reason why lane maps like argus and argent are so popular in 3 v 3. Power armor factions have advantageous in those maps and since power armor player base far outnumber the infantry armor player base, the map choice is bound get biased towards power armor players and it becomes a norm of sort. Torpid showed how it is very differently played in huge maps vs SM. Lots of times, it made SM struggle a lot.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sun 22 Jan, 2017 6:32 am

It is surprising how much hate and negative feedback I get from this . here are some of the feedbacks i ve got (I wont mention insults here in the respect of u dear viewers)

"Nobody Cares about ur casts"
"these stats mean absolutely nothing" (Please Read the description I wrote before quoting such things,i ve explained all there)
"Faction wars is an stupid idea lets play a real game next"
"no body cares about faction wars,don't bother ur self"
"u r wasting ur time"
"These are just stupid mid skill games" (a little gratitude would be good to the people who spend their time playing these games -__- )
"your faction wars sucks rostam ,u dont know anything about casting"
"people don't like faction wars,it is idiotic"

i dont want to be the guy with glass half empty so I say there have been some great feedbaks as well . and thanks for your advices in some of the above post which u have give me some good info about faction wars (for example about the issue of power aromred races,though I am kind of happy eldar are last ^^ )

I dont think that I would run another faction wars in this format . so i would have to change it . I will probably cast Monthly faction war tourneys (MFW) from this point on which is held on by impregnable and I will bunk with him in the next faction war casts

thanks for your time to read this topic . take care lads
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
darthmisery
Level 1

Postby darthmisery » Sun 22 Jan, 2017 11:02 pm

Don't let them get to you. Faction wars always will be my favourite format. Keep it up and if they don't like it then they don't have to watch. Take care rostam.

Return to “Community General Discussion”