Elite 2.8.1 and Quick Roadmap

Elite (and related) releases.
Atlas

Elite 2.8.1 and Quick Roadmap

Postby Atlas » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 6:17 pm

Preamble:
Kk, nothing major here just cleaning up a couple of bugs that wormed their way into the 2.8 build.

CREDITS
This one was pretty much an Atlas and Myrdal show. Ty again Indrid for the version graphics!

Download Links:
This is a full installer of 2.8.1. You don't need any previous updates to install it properly.

EITHER OF THESE LINKS WORK, JUST DON'T DO BOTH IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO. IT'S THE SAME FILES EITHER WAY!
https://mega.nz/#!e9QkXA4C!c49BUhtW5y7c ... NwrrMrfvF8
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MyyQF ... pRH8i8FGCG
-------------

Bug Fixes:
Stubbornness should now work as intended. (Showed wonky behavior previously)
Acid Splatter should now work as intended. (Simplified how damage was calculated and dealt)
Acid Splatter and Crippling Talon now have special attacks. (Previously, only the default RA could proc a special attack)
Scout Sniper Rifles should now work as intended. (Wrong file upload, reverted from retail to normal Elite file)
Hormagaunt and Termagaunt reinforcement should now work as intended. (Previously would only reinforce 1 model when the squad was at 6/8 capacity)
-------------

I'd also like to take a second and talk real quick about where we're going next.

We didn't see any gamebreaking bugs in our further testing of 2.8.1, but if there is any major bugs still in 2.8.1 we'll go ahead and put out a similar bugfix patch as 2.8.2. So if you guys see anything that seems off, please report it either here or in the technical section of the discord server!

2.9 has already begun production, but at this point it is mostly a pile of collected feedback in the form of questions with some occasional concrete suggestions. Most of that feedback has come from either the forum or the balance discussion section of the discord server. If you have something to say, please let us know! We don't care how good or bad you are or even if it's about balance. We've had some suggestions like swapping out the Necron Lord at the menu, changing tooltips etc etc. We'll take basically anything as a suggestion and see what we can do.

As for the tech team, we're trying to implement friend-or-foe markers to various call-ins and other abilities. Windu had already began work with that with SM call-ins that you can see in this thread. We would have just released the SM version of that on this patch but we encountered some strange errors so it has been held off for now. Expect that to be the main technical project for 2.9!

As for just 2.9 itself, the plan is to have a beta patch out sometime 6 weeks from now and a release in 12 weeks. I'm going to personally make it a point to not let things drag on that.

Also, Cyris will be the Balance Head going forward! I mentioned this in the early version of the 2.8 thread but we had to double check that he will do the job. Now that he has, we officially announce him... again!

Also, as a minor note, most of Codex has been updated to 2.8.1. We'll need to parse through some sections manually, but the Codex update is underway!
The_Corniflox
Level 1

Re: Elite 2.8.1 and Quick Roadmap

Postby The_Corniflox » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 4:40 pm

Hey Atlas,

it would be great if you could update the main page, there is still 2.8.0 displayed there.

Cheers
twitch.tv/corni_flox

really really rusty right now :D
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:18 pm

The_Corniflox wrote:Hey Atlas,

it would be great if you could update the main page, there is still 2.8.0 displayed there.

Cheers

Gotcha, will get to that.
Perineum Prepucius
Level 0

Postby Perineum Prepucius » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 5:51 pm

Can't install this update for some reason. It's the first time I had problems installing DOW Elite, says "cannot access the file or you have insufficient rights". Even tried running the install file as an admin.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:47 pm

Ok, the main website has been updated with the new 2.8.1 link! The download page should be working too now.

Perineum Prepucius wrote:Can't install this update for some reason. It's the first time I had problems installing DOW Elite, says "cannot access the file or you have insufficient rights". Even tried running the install file as an admin.

So you downloaded it properly and are trying to install it, but your computer won't let you? It might be an antivirus issue is my first guess. You can try the other link in the opening post and see if maybe your computer has an issue with Mega/Google Drive.

I would suggest DLing the alternative download link and seeing if you can use that one. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread if you come back and still have issues.
Hutsy
Level 2

Postby Hutsy » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:54 pm

2.8 and 2.8.1 seemed to be ok with Norton (for me) but it gives me the option to run it or not.

In the past (2.7.1 and a couple before), it would just kill it as soon as it was downloaded. So there's a chance Atlas is right about antivirus causing problems.
Perineum Prepucius
Level 0

Postby Perineum Prepucius » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:20 pm

Atlas wrote: It might be an antivirus issue is my first guess

...well that was embarrassing.

Thank you guys.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:40 am

Np! Let us know if there's any other issues.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:00 pm

The new eldritch storm ...
man i miss DarkEldar from dow1 wish we had em instead
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:05 pm

1350 damage by one bolt. Seems balanced.
So it basically did 9x150. 8 from the heretics inside and 1 for the land raider. Which is bullshit...
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:17 pm

Yep. I said I didn't want to change that nuke. But it was in them balance note. Such a stupid change imo.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:35 pm

Great eldritch storm back to 1 shooting super units which retard wanted it buffed again?

There a reason why its lost half of its damage to stop this.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 2:14 am

Picked a nice time to take a break from dow2 lmfao
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 8:19 am

What the hell are you idiots talking about. That's a BUG.

Whenever eldritch is used on a transport that has units inside it it multiples the damage per bolt by the number of models inside the transport which 1hits mosts vehicle with 1 bolt and insta-kills LRRs if you land it square on!

I don't see why Eldritch needs a damage buff but that's nothing to do with how much damage the Eldritch did in that video...

It's just frustrating that is so fast to cry about balance. I was the one who decided to nerf Eldritch because pretty everyone in the ordinary playerbase knew it was the best global. It still stuns vehicles and still wipes things instantly that are in the middle (better than chaos abyss I shall say), and can still be the most easily set up with phase shift/warp throw/time field... BUT, everyone was crying to me after I made that change saying it was a bad idea. Now it seems people have changed their mind again.

IF there's no cohesive logic behind people's incoherent whining you will simply cause burn-out on the people who volunteer to improve the mod. I can count on one hand the people who supported me in my fight to nerf eldritch in the way i did. And now apparently a toning down of my nerf is a 'retarded' decision. Who the hell wants to do balance for an audience like this?

It's like coaching an armless man to be a boxing champion. Futile. You'll never succeed.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 12:39 am

Wait. People saw that video and actually didn't recognize the bug?

Btw that bug is not specific to eldritch but works also with other AoE damage on transports, like haywire grenades. The timing for the explosion and the coming in/out of the vehicle is so precise though that's it very hard to make it happen in a real situation.

It occurs much more with eldritch since there are a lot of bolts in a short time.
Jalisco
Level 0

Postby Jalisco » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 8:07 pm

Noob q - can anyone suggest any minimum spec for elite mod? I want to get stuck in but only have an old laptop atm (hp i5 2012)
XxMINGExX
Level 1

Postby XxMINGExX » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 3:50 pm

Jalisco wrote:Noob q - can anyone suggest any minimum spec for elite mod? I want to get stuck in but only have an old laptop atm (hp i5 2012)

you should be fine if you lower a few settings. I only have an ancient i3 laptop no graphics card and it doesn't really have any problems

Return to “Releases”