Chaos Dreadnaught

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Re: Chaos Dreadnaught

Postby TE | NoSkill » Thu 06 May, 2021 3:24 pm

Inekura wrote:my lascannon should kill infantry then too :).

That´s a fair point, I changed the suggestion from lascannon to autocannon.

Thanks for pointing that out.
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Thu 06 May, 2021 3:25 pm

Inekura wrote:
Gordian Vorenthul wrote:
Maybe that's why he wanted melta dmg on heavy flamers so that termis with heavy flamer can counter vehicles if no inf is around GalaxyBrain

Yes, that was the case.
Gordian Vorenthul
Level 2

Postby Gordian Vorenthul » Thu 06 May, 2021 3:35 pm

TE | NoSkill wrote:
Inekura wrote:my lascannon should kill infantry then too :).

That´s a fair point, I changed the suggestion from lascannon to autocannon.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Ok no, im done being nice.
You're more brainless than i thought, none of your ridculous suggetions will be considered good.
Keep living in your imaginary world of total fuckfest and lack of logic thinking.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! ONCE THE GALAXY BURNS, WE WILL DEFINE RIGHTEOUSNESS!!
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 10 May, 2021 7:47 am

[quote="TE | NoSkill"][/quote]

goddamn, noskill, u complainin' about your pet toy dread? you want it to be nicer? stop it. The anti-all thing is KPred. like it the most of Chaotic marines. Try it in pairs. With worship.

TDread is just fine and barrage do good damage in 3v3s vs land raiders and stuff. l2p. situational upgrade, it's the core of this freakin game.

u got a situation - u got an upgrade for it. the more situations u've predicted, the more wins u'll get. that simple.
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Mon 10 May, 2021 9:35 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:
TE | NoSkill wrote:

goddamn, noskill, u complainin' about your pet toy dread? you want it to be nicer? stop it. The anti-all thing is KPred. like it the most of Chaotic marines. Try it in pairs. With worship.

TDread is just fine and barrage do good damage in 3v3s vs land raiders and stuff. l2p. situational upgrade, it's the core of this freakin game.

u got a situation - u got an upgrade for it. the more situations u've predicted, the more wins u'll get. that simple.

Yeah, and I think that MoT-Dread is TOO situational, for the reasons I laid out above. You might want to address them before calling me a bad player...
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Wed 12 May, 2021 7:48 am

im not callin' you bad

i just pointed that some questions you have will be resolved when you'll get deeper in the game.

and about TOO situational: YES IT IS.
like the most fun stuff in this game. live with it.

and IT SHOULD BE this way. THATS WHY WE LOVE THAT SHIT!
;)
<3
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Wed 12 May, 2021 9:52 am

LOCALgHOST wrote:im not callin' you bad

i just pointed that some questions you have will be resolved when you'll get deeper in the game.

and about TOO situational: YES IT IS.
like the most fun stuff in this game. live with it.

and IT SHOULD BE this way. THATS WHY WE LOVE THAT SHIT!
;)
<3

I don t think it is fun to have wargear that is only useable in specific circumstances, because that effectively reduces the choices you have.
I don t have a problem with wargear beeing significantly better in some circumstances and in others not, because that is something you can negate with your gameplay. (At least to a degree).

MoT doesn t offer that, no matter what I do it will be bad against infantry (which is usually 60-80% of the enemy army).
Mark of Khorne is effective against everything, but I have to close in and set it up. Which is something that can be achieved no matter what the situation on the battlefield is.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Wed 12 May, 2021 5:36 pm

TE | NoSkill wrote:
MoT doesn t offer that, no matter what I do it will be bad against infantry (which is usually 60-80% of the enemy army).
Mark of Khorne is effective against everything, but I have to close in and set it up. Which is something that can be achieved no matter what the situation on the battlefield is.

DAFUQ MAN!
SM lascannon devs NEEDS TO BE BUFFED! they are USELESS! no matter what I do it will be bad against infantry (which is usually 60-80% of the enemy army).

They should get reduced reload speed and heavy_melee type of damage. and dps should be increased to 300 per shot (100 DPS)

i demand it to be implemented in the the hotfix to 2.9.6 next week. U hear me, guys?
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Wed 12 May, 2021 8:51 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:
TE | NoSkill wrote:

DAFUQ MAN!
SM lascannon devs NEEDS TO BE BUFFED! they are USELESS! no matter what I do it will be bad against infantry (which is usually 60-80% of the enemy army).

They should get reduced reload speed and heavy_melee type of damage. and dps should be increased to 300 per shot (100 DPS)

i demand it to be implemented in the the hotfix to 2.9.6 next week. U hear me, guys?

Lascannon devs are a T1 unit that are cheap enough for the trade-off to pay itself. MoT Dread does not, because it takes the ranged anti-infantry ability away.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Thu 13 May, 2021 9:20 am

TE | NoSkill wrote:
LOCALgHOST wrote:
TE | NoSkill wrote:

DAFUQ MAN!

Lascannon devs are a T1 unit that are cheap enough for the trade-off to pay itself. MoT Dread does not, because it takes the ranged anti-infantry ability away.

lascannons aren't t1
if you want the t-dread to be changed, start complaining about how well havoks transition from t1 to t2 and how cheap bloodcrusher is, perhaps if these things didn't hold chaos together the dread would get a buff
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Thu 13 May, 2021 12:39 pm

@Piano

No, but you have to buy the basic unit in T1, the upgrade itsself is cheap and extremely efficient considering suppression teams become less and less effective through the course of the game.

MoT-Dread doesn t have that, basic configuration is better then MoT in most circumstances (except against Guard I guess(((.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Thu 13 May, 2021 1:02 pm

ok i think we just stop at the point of no point to :)))

Return to “Balance Discussion”