Need help in dealing with tier 3 tanks

Strategy and L2P topics.
Chokolata
Level 1

Need help in dealing with tier 3 tanks

Postby Chokolata » Fri 01 Jul, 2022 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for tips for dealing with predators/looted tanks/other non eldar tanks in even games in tier 3.

Thank you in advance,
Vlad
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: Need help in dealing with tier 3 tanks

Postby Impregnable » Sat 02 Jul, 2022 6:44 am

Seek help at the strategy-discussion section of the main Elite Discord as well to receive more advise from more people faster. https://discord.gg/jKVfpj3
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 02 Jul, 2022 10:39 pm

Impregnable wrote:Seek help at the strategy-discussion section of the main Elite Discord as well to receive more advise from more people faster. https://discord.gg/jKVfpj3

Pretty sure this is a troll. Choko is rusty but doesn't actually need help.
Chokolata
Level 1

Postby Chokolata » Sun 03 Jul, 2022 6:32 am

@Kami: Actually I do. I am getting demolished by tier 3 tanks in even games. As soon as one is out it flips the script on the game. Am talking about combined arms here not isolated scenarios.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 03 Jul, 2022 8:16 am

If it's an even game you should have a T3 tank of your own.
Or just get some hard AV.
Chokolata
Level 1

Postby Chokolata » Sun 03 Jul, 2022 9:04 am

@Riku: What is an eldar tier 3 tank though? Upgraded falcon perhaps but ofc it will be inferior to a predator. Prism is an arty piece and is dependent on map layout + it has no durability upgrades.

I am just asking for what the suggested layout for a late game would be. Thank you
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 03 Jul, 2022 4:43 pm

best combo is spider/FD or spider/lance - u just disable tank and kill it
fd got best speed

also FP + lances= gg any number of tanks
lances can't be touched cause of prism tanks can't advance cause of lances. and FS multiplies this shit a ton
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Tue 05 Jul, 2022 5:01 pm

Brightlance is a must-have since it is now useful against infantry. Especially in late game it will help at putting down heroes and other high-hp single entities. So it's always good to have one.

People have replied as if Choko is holding VP and the enemy has to come at him. Ofc then you can set up your things and wait for the tank to kindly get lanced to death. I'm sure that's not for such cases he asks out.

Against a strong opponent you're often forced to ambush and chase the tank, so I'll say:

As FS a shrouded then guided brightlance is enough to kill any classic tank. Add doom and timefield to spice things up. I would also recommend (guided) FD and WG (against IG) if the enemy has several tanks . You can use gravity blade to bait and protect your AV from enemy melee. Singing Spear is a valid option (but mostly against heavy armoured races) if you cast timefield. Otherwise it's meh.

As WSE a crackshot brightlance is enough too, though it is unreliable since you need to use a global. I would recommend double haywire and WSE powerblades (on rear armour). But depending on the MU, multiple WS is not always a good idea. If you manage to stunlock a vehicle out of lance's reach, I strongly advise to throw a Shimmer Orb to protect your WSE(+shees ?) while they take it down.

An alternative is to throw haywire grenades in a row (with 2+ WS) so the tank is simply taken out of the fight for a long duration, allowing you to focus on the rest of your foes, then maybe ignoring it (as it shouldn't be able to approach thanks to your brightlance). But I think that's most efficient against carnifexes.

As WL it's harder. You can use globals to run the tank down and protect your AV but again that's unreliable. I suggest Cloack of Shadows shrouding Enhanced Firedragons (+shees) under Dragon's Fury. That will do. It does put your FD in harm's way. Can work with WG too but that's way harder to micro since you gotta target ground (and they're too slow). Warpthrow and WoK to prevent enemy melee from tying up your FD.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Thu 07 Jul, 2022 1:58 pm

best repy from asmon
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Fri 11 Nov, 2022 8:44 pm

Brightlance has the highest anti-armor dps of all SUTs iirc. You don't need to kill a tank to take it out of the fight. If you zone it out with the BL then it can't do shit while you work on the rest of their army.

Of course, as already mentioned, everything is situational. If you could show an example it would be more helpful
Fas est ab hoste doceri
rusoverdose
Level 0

Postby rusoverdose » Mon 13 Feb, 2023 3:11 pm

Hi, everyone

This discussion about eldars. But I would like to ask you about ordo malleus. Ordo has a lot of AV options, but it is difficult to make choice. I prefer rhino with lascannon. But in Tier3 it's not enough. What other types of AV are useful? Especially vs Leman and Baneblade. When I should choose Vindicare or anything else? Which hero has the best AV options? Mainly I play 3v3. So I can face several super heavies.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Mon 13 Feb, 2023 6:00 pm

rusoverdose wrote:Hi, everyone

This discussion about eldars. But I would like to ask you about ordo malleus. Ordo has a lot of AV options, but it is difficult to make choice. I prefer rhino with lascannon. But in Tier3 it's not enough. What other types of AV are useful? Especially vs Leman and Baneblade. When I should choose Vindicare or anything else? Which hero has the best AV options? Mainly I play 3v3. So I can face several super heavies.

paladins are the only real answer GK has to these units, their main power timing is in t2 and the game is balanced around 1v1s where super units are very rare unless the skill-level is very low
rusoverdose
Level 0

Postby rusoverdose » Mon 13 Feb, 2023 10:50 pm

Ok paladins are good vs carni or baneblade, etc. But catching Lemann or Predator is quite tricky. Or even Wagon. May be somebody tried to use Interceptors with psycannons. I found them quite powerful especially with Eversor melta and Daemonhunter rites of exorcism.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Tue 14 Feb, 2023 7:31 am

rusoverdose wrote:Ok paladins are good vs carni or baneblade, etc. But catching Lemann or Predator is quite tricky. Or even Wagon. May be somebody tried to use Interceptors with psycannons. I found them quite powerful especially with Eversor melta and Daemonhunter rites of exorcism.

if i didn't know the sorry state dow2 3v3s are in, i'd tell you to communicate with your teammates and play around them while doing what your hero (in this case BC since we're talking about paladins) does best, which would be stacking damage mitigation on the paladins
there's also snare on operatives and on the purgation's beam ability
rusoverdose
Level 0

Postby rusoverdose » Tue 14 Feb, 2023 8:12 am

PianoMan wrote:
rusoverdose wrote:Ok paladins are good vs carni or baneblade, etc. But catching Lemann or Predator is quite tricky. Or even Wagon. May be somebody tried to use Interceptors with psycannons. I found them quite powerful especially with Eversor melta and Daemonhunter rites of exorcism.

if i didn't know the sorry state dow2 3v3s are in, i'd tell you to communicate with your teammates and play around them while doing what your hero (in this case BC since we're talking about paladins) does best, which would be stacking damage mitigation on the paladins
there's also snare on operatives and on the purgation's beam ability

"to communicate with your teammates" :lol: :cry:
Thank you for ideas. I will try operatives (not good with SUTs). Forgot about them, use very rare. Interesting, are operatives good replacement for interceptors in tier1?

Return to “Strategy Discussion”